The dark underbelly of Facebook groups

zelticgar

21 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I don't think you're duck-lipped, Theda. I was just running with the theme there.

As someone with a great deal of drunk/stoned posts on my resume, I can say pretty confidently that Theda probably knows you weren't being at all serious. The sauce just makes us often take things the wrong way. Like that time you said maybe Brady>Montana you poor deluded bastard.

11 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

As someone with a great deal of drunk/stoned posts on my resume, I can say pretty confidently that Theda probably knows you weren't being at all serious. The sauce just makes us often take things the wrong way. Like that time you said maybe Brady>Montana you poor deluded bastard.

Just to reinforce that first point I think your Pris pic is awesome, Theda. Don't let some Facebook chump tell you otherwise.

To that last bit (Montana v Brady) don't think for a second that it doesn't make me absolutely sick inside to admit that. A little piece of my soul dies every time I'm forced to accept it. And hell, we can still cling to the "there's no true way to compare two players from different eras" argument. And Brady has had the benefit of building on a system that Johnny Joe Idaho was central in developing. So there's that. 

5 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I don't think you're duck-lipped, Theda. I was just running with the theme there.

5 hours ago, James Arryn said:

4 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Just to reinforce that first point I think your Pris pic is awesome, Theda. Don't let some Facebook chump tell you otherwise.

To that last bit (Montana v Brady) don't think for a second that it doesn't make me absolutely sick inside to admit that. A little piece of my soul dies every time I'm forced to accept it. And hell, we can still cling to the "there's no true way to compare two players from different eras" argument. And Brady has had the benefit of building on a system that Johnny Joe Idaho was central in developing. So there's that. 

LMAO  

Sorry guys was v drunk I wasn't really hurt I did find it funny hahaha 

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

Wait....you started this thread. You can't quit now!

It is getting too weird and the vortex is pulling me in!  I found out there is a group called Flat Earth vs Spherical Earth. I just can't even... For a troll master like me this is like shooting fish in a barrel! :D

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1661866320707757/ 

4 minutes ago, zelticgar said:

It is getting too weird and the vortex is pulling me in!  I found out there is a group called Flat Earth vs Spherical Earth. I just can't even... For a troll master like me this is like shooting fish in a barrel! :D

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1661866320707757/ 

The first sentence in the pinned post is, "This is an intellectual debate group."

So, basically anything can be defined as intellectual?  How is that not satire?

The first two FAQ questions are pretty funny: 

1. Can you fall off the edge?
No, you can't fall off the edge, there is possibly an ice wall possibly 2 miles high at the edge of our habitat. Or there is an infinite plane beyond this edge. Earth is not a planet. Earth is a plane. A plane of existence, a realm.

2. Do photos from space prove Earth is a sphere?
All photos of Earth from space are fake.

And the sun, here's how it works.  

5. How does the sun work on the FE?
The sun's diameter is 33 miles and altitude is approx. 3000 miles. The sun works like a spotlight shining on about half of the earth while the parts that don't get light is night. The sun orbits in circles around the flat earth. The moon is the same size and has a slower orbit when the moon gets in front of the sun is how the solar eclipse works.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XugZ9wGnk9M&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY0xhUOL3vM&app=desktop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5knH393h1c

MIND BLOWN

When this thread was first created, I was about to share the 'dark underbelly' of the crazy foster parent groups I'm part of.  Crazy bigots who think they are saving orphans for Jesus are sooooooo sane and even normal compared to this.  

13 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

When this thread was first created, I was about to share the 'dark underbelly' of the crazy foster parent groups I'm part of.  Crazy bigots who think they are saving orphans for Jesus are sooooooo sane and even normal compared to this.  

The trick is finding groups that are crazy enough that they can easily be mocked, yet harmless enough that you won't be too invested in caring. 

12 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

How do they explain that I can see the Jovian moons in orbit around Jupiter with a pair of binoculars?

Clearly your mind is still addled from the switch to DST and you should probably put the binocs down and go back to bed.

3 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I'm curious now to join some weird Facebook groups but I don't want to get sucked in :lol: 

Time to be brave then and start your own group for all duck-lipped Blade Runner fangirls. It's the only option. 

59 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

We should probably consult with the "Binoculars Are an Obama Hoax: An Intellectual Discussion" group.

It's not so much that they're a hoax, but rather that they are superfluous. People forget that the Founding Fathers got along just fine with single tube telescopes. So why do people now need a second tube? Laziness, entitlement and a lack of Christian virtue. 

Archived