dragons have the size of 747s

aventador577

It's AWESOME. They are unable to deliver a decent plot or consistent characters. So the least is big ass CGI dragons. 

Plus, I would expect any fictional dragon to be the size of a Boeing 747, those tiny dragons in season 5 were so underwhelming. And it took three of them to take down that ship in season 6 that was underwhelming too. I'm really happy about big fire breathing beasts. 

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

It's AWESOME. They are unable to deliver a decent plot or consistent characters. So the least is big ass CGI dragons. 

You're easily my favorite person to read posts from on this forum for comments like this.

They really need to show us how to injure / kill a dragon of this size.  My suspension of disbelief died years ago with this show.  There was absolutely no doubt whatsoever that Meereen was never in any real danger despite the Sons of the Harpy and the siege, and somehow they wasted nearly 10 minutes an episode for 2 seasons trying to convince us there was.  How the hell is their sorry excuse for Euron and Cersei going to put up any contest against these dragons, especially without a dragon horn in the show?

2 hours ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

You're easily my favorite person to read posts from on this forum for comments like this.

They really need to show us how to injure / kill a dragon of this size.  My suspension of disbelief died years ago with this show.  There was absolutely no doubt whatsoever that Meereen was never in any real danger despite the Sons of the Harpy and the siege, and somehow they wasted nearly 10 minutes an episode for 2 seasons trying to convince us there was.  How the hell is their sorry excuse for Euron and Cersei going to put up any contest against these dragons, especially without a dragon horn in the show?

Now that's not something I hear about my GoT/Asoiaf posts very often. Or ever. 

Euron is nothing in the books too, the only "power" he has is that ridiculous dragon horn which was for once very wisely not included in the show - In my opinion. Cersei is... a complete disaster both as a plot line and as a character. So yeah, the dragons will should clean them off the face of the earth in two to three episodes. The match for the Boeing sized dragons was never meant to be Cersei and Euron but the unstoppable flow of ice skeletons. Cersei and Euron will should only be a warm up for that. 

(But then we never know, they might just waste the majority of the season with this nonsensical "conflict")

Obviously dragons are meant to fight White Walkers, not people like Cersei or Euron. They're just snacks for them but as we saw wights are relentless, and when you got a lot of them, they can take down even a dragon of this size. If that dragon is on the ground.

7 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Now that's not something I hear about my GoT/Asoiaf posts very often. Or ever. 

Euron is nothing in the books too, the only "power" he has is that ridiculous dragon horn which was for once very wisely not included in the show - In my opinion. Cersei is... a complete disaster both as a plot line and as a character. So yeah, the dragons will should clean them off the face of the earth in two to three episodes. The match for the Boeing sized dragons was never meant to be Cersei and Euron but the unstoppable flow of ice skeletons. Cersei and Euron will should only be a warm up for that. 

(But then we never know, they might just waste the majority of the season with this nonsensical "conflict")

I find your brutal honesty refreshing.  I too have absolutely no faith in GRRM's ability to finish the series or D&D's ability to be coherent.

4 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Obviously dragons are meant to fight White Walkers, not people like Cersei or Euron. They're just snacks for them but as we saw wights are relentless, and when you got a lot of them, they can take down even a dragon of this size. If that dragon is on the ground.

It's getting that dragon to the ground we need to see.

10 hours ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

I find your brutal honesty refreshing.  I too have absolutely no faith in GRRM's ability to finish the series or D&D's ability to be coherent.

It's getting that dragon to the ground we need to see.

Well what reason do I have to not be honest about a tv/book series? :dunno: 

yeah d&d got so sick of the show they completely stopped making an effort. They just throw whatever crap they thought of the night before into the script and call it story. But then again at least they throw something at the audience. (And no, sample chapters don't count as something.)

I'm good with bigger more impressive dragons but the size of a 747?  Let's look at the dimensions of a 747:

1. Wingspan, 195 ft 8 in (59.6 m)
  2. Fuselage, 184 ft 9 in (56.3 m)
  3. Height, 65 ft 5 in (19.9 m)

These figures are for the original 747.  A rider on the back of that is going to be a speck.

8 hours ago, Byfort of Corfe said:

I'm good with bigger more impressive dragons but the size of a 747?  Let's look at the dimensions of a 747:

1. Wingspan, 195 ft 8 in (59.6 m)
  2. Fuselage, 184 ft 9 in (56.3 m)
  3. Height, 65 ft 5 in (19.9 m)

These figures are for the original 747.  A rider on the back of that is going to be a speck.

I googled that too when they released these news, and I thought that was pretty reasonable. Balerion had been big enough to swallow a cart, for that kind of jaw, was even bigger than Daenerys's dragons are now.

And for a fierce mythical beast, that sounds pretty damn reasonable to me. Just think about it, a penalty area on a football pitch is 40meters wide, it would be damn underwhelming if I could fit my entire dragon into a penalty field. If I were a fantasy heroine I would sure want a dragon that needs AT LEAST half the damn pitch with its 60meters length. 

Archived