Dorne could have easily swung the war of 5 kings to anti Lannister supporter favour.

devilish

24 minutes ago, BricksAndSparrows said:

Our disagreement is this: I believe your plan is not as effective when it comes to Doran's actual intentions. I think your idea could accomplish his goal of revenge, but compromises Targaryen restoration. I believe the Prince is so deeply invested in the Targ restoration, that it could not be dismissed. I only agree with you in a hypothetical scenario where Doran doesn't care who ends up on the Throne (Until it's time for the Targaryens.)

So I won't argue that what your propose isn't possible. In the rest of the post (from which I quoted you,) you've outlined how it could be done. It's fairly well thought out, and it does have some advantages. The biggest of which is that it seizes a moment of  Lannister vulnerability, and by now means eliminates a path to Targaryen restoration. 

Well put - I'll concede Doran does seem very determined to marry his revenge to the return of the dragonkings. It's also true that I probably wouldn't judge him if I didn't have knowledge about Quentyn and Aegon, as otherwise, in-universe his plans see to be working out.

15 minutes ago, Protagoras said:

Why bother, it is very clear that Devilish A. Doesn´t get or want to get our objection and B. Yet still wonder why Doran won´t act like he think he should (despite getting it explained over and over again). He has received an answer and are unable to see Dorans perspective. Thats his issue. 

Yeah, I just don't think they and I are going to see eye to eye. I feel that they'd be right to want their money back ^^

Archived