Free folk Daemon

Do you think Aeron Greyjoy is the valonqar?

3 posts in this topic

Do you think Aeron "Damphair" Greyjoy could be the valonqar? 'The Forsaken' chapter GRRM read from The Winds of Winter with its description of Aeron's visions, including Euron Greyjoy sitting on the Iron Throne and

'Beside him stood a shadow in woman’s form, long and tall and terrible, her hands alive with pale white fire. Dwarves capered for their amusement, male and female, naked and misshapen, locked in carnal embrace, biting and tearing at each other as Euron and his mate laughed and laughed and laughed…'

has led to speculation that Cersei Lannister will ally or even marry Euron and she is the female figure the shadow in Aeron's shade of the evening-induced vision represents...

Looking back at a quote in AFFC about part of Maggy the Frog's prophecy to Cersei,

'And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.'

I put the words that stood out to me thinking about this in bold. Cersei's tears will have drowned her, like the Ironborn's religious initiation. The shadow in woman's form is described as tall, we know she can be terrible, and I believe Cersei is described as tall somewhere in the books (can anyone help me find this?) and the shadow's hands are 'alive with pale white fire', a fire described the same way as Cersei's throat (pale white) in the prophecy.

I believe Aeron, and not Victarion or Daenerys, will kill Euron in revenge for his sexual molestation by Euron as child, that suffered by his late brother Urrigon, the murders of family members by Euron including Balon and some of his brothers and all of the other torments Euron has inflicted on his family and particularly Aeron. Could Aeron also be the valonqar ("little brother") prophesized to kill Cersei?

He would have to somehow escape being lashed to the prow of the Silence, for starters.

I have heard a theory that the shadow in woman's form could be Shiera Seastar, though I don't know the detail of it to speculate on that theory.