Buckwheat

Walter Moers - Princess Insomnia?

6 posts in this topic

My favourite German fantasy author seems to have finally found Orm again!

Although the official site has showed the name of the next novel as "Die Insel der Tausend Leuchttürme" (The Island of the Thousand Lighthouses) for more than a year now, today a video was posted on facebook that shows a package from Zamonia with a new manuscript with another title: "Prinzessin Insomnia und der Alptraumfarbene Nachtmahr" (Princess Insomnia and the Nightmare-Coloured Nightmare). Later, it was promised that there will be more information on Wednesday.

Soooo ... a new book or just a new name for "Die Insel der Tausend Leuchttürme"? Which would make it a completely new book anyway, as nothing has been known about "Die Insel der Tausend Leuchttürme" (to my knowledge). When is that new thing coming out? What happened with the graphic novel plan for "The City of Dreaming Books"? So many questions, and, realising this is Walter Moers, Wednesday will probably bring a weird letter from Mythenmetz complaining about his translator or something like this again.

I will be duly refreshing all those pages this week in hopes of more information.

Are there other excited Zamonian fans here?

I've liked the books I've read in the world, and it will be nice to get more. But there are still a few novels (2 most recent I think) I haven't read yet, so no rush for me.

Well, at least I am glad I am not speaking to myself in this thread. :D

10 hours ago, Seli said:

I've liked the books I've read in the world, and it will be nice to get more. But there are still a few novels (2 most recent I think) I haven't read yet, so no rush for me.

Which language did you read them in?

Anyway, the news seem to be:

There is still no Schloss nor 1000 Lighthouses, and there is no date set for either of them. Biut the authos says that 1000 Lighthouses will probably be published before Schloss.

The new novel Princess Insomnia will be published in autumn 2017. It is a new Zamonia novel, and not illustrated by the author. It will be illustrated by Lydia Rode.

Soon after that the graphic novel edition of The City of Dreaming Books will be published in two volumes, each one about 120 pages long.

http://www.zamonien.de/autor.php

So waiting for autumn! I am a bit disappointed that the new novel will not be illustrated by the author, but maybe I will be pleasantly surprised. :)

The first pages from the graphic novel look amazing too.

www.florianbiege.de/portfolio/die-stadt-der-traeumenden-buecher

I've only read two books of his (13 1/2 LIves of Bluebear and Rumo and His Miraculous Adventures), but I loved both of them. I have a couple more of his books sitting on my kindle that I really need to get back to.

I read them in English, btw.

I've read the 13 1/2 Lives of Captain Bluebear and The City of Dreaming Books and enjoyed both of them a lot (in English). Been meaning to get around to some of the other ones, always glad to hear about new books that I want to read!