College Basketball: Sweet and disappointing

Mexal

That Florida/Wisconsin game was nuts. Pretty disappointed that we lost with four seconds left on the clock and 3 point lead in OT, but on the upshot, I got to watch one of the most entertaining games of college basketball I've ever seen. Wow.

4 hours ago, sperry said:

Poor Alford, still has four more years of Lavar. And what's worse, next year the middle brother comes in, who is a mediocre prospect at best and only landed at a place like UCLA because he was a package deal with the old and young balls (hehe).  What is ole Lavar goiing to do when his middle kid is riding pine?

That really is the million dollar question isn't it?  Could get real ugly, and it's two years of that before Little Ball gets there.

1 hour ago, Triskan said:

ETA:  If Oregon has any shot against KU now I think Brooks and Dorsey are both going to have to ball pretty big.  But I think KU is too stacked.  Hope I'm wrong.

I'm six minutes into the game, and Oregon's definitely doing what they need to do in order to win - they've got Josh Jackson into early foul trouble and they're hitting threes.  Both teams seemed very tight to start, and Oregon is getting loose earlier.

ETA: Congrats to the Zags and Few.  It's about time!

15 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Ugh.  Jackson and Graham need to get their heads in the game.  Not feeling good about this one right now.

Fans always think it's 'about' their team, but this game really feels like our being flat/fucking up more than the Ducks being on fire  (Bell excepted, obviously).

Great defense by Oregon was the difference here (just like it was in our loss to Villanova last year).  Bell was great; we hadn't faced a shot blocker of his caliber all season, and it showed.  Way too many 50/50 balls went their way, and that's all on our effort.  That might have been the worst game of Graham's career, couldn't hit the ocean from a boat.

The athletic difference between the two teams was outrageous. You kind of wondered what Landen Lucas was even doing out there, it was that big of a disparity. Also, everything that I've read says Mikhauliak is going to go to Europe after this season, and Graham is going to declare for the draft (although the timing could not be worse after this performance). Either way, maybe KU's reign of terror in the Big XII is finally going to end?

3 hours ago, sperry said:

Either way, maybe KU's reign of terror in the Big XII is finally going to end?

This Mountaineer certainly hopes so, but nah, Kansas still has recruiting down pat. Definitely think Texas will finish top 3 next season though, Shaka, the youth, and that big guy with the 70s afro are going to be scary.

Archived