College Basketball: Sweet and disappointing

Mexal

1) I'm obviously elated for the UNC win. 

2) I had an incredibly sleepless night of high basketball anxiety. I checked my phone only once at some point in the deep night, which coincided with the halftime score, before going back to bed. This insomnia and the outcome of the game makes concentrating at work today somewhat challenging, particularly as my field of fucks is barren for today. 

3) I have only watched highlights and read a few articles hear and there, but I am not looking forward to watching this game in full. It sounds like it was an ugly game with poor performance by players and refs alike throughout the night. I think we can all agree that we hope to see beautiful basketball during tournament time. (Though I would say that college basketball is far less about "beautiful basketball" - watch the NBA playoffs for that - but, rather, for the "basketball chronicles.") 

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 9:58 AM, Tywin et al. said:

@dbunting,

Haha, it looks like it all comes down to tonight. Soon we will know who is better at picking random teams we know nothing about!!!

And you passed me! Dammit Gonzaga! But....you still aren't the champion!

2 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Oh sorry had a lot on and totally forgot :(

Next year!!!

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

So far in my Westeros sports experience I've finished second in both Pickem and this, and I drafted a fantasy team that was projected to go 13-0 and then everyone got hurt.....

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Next year!!!

So far in my Westeros sports experience I've finished second in both Pickem and this, and I drafted a fantasy team that was projected to go 13-0 and then everyone got hurt.....

Well hell if we are basing off projections, my team wasn't even supposed to make the playoffs but did! Overachieved while yours underachieved! Must've been my savvy coaching and pep talks!

3 hours ago, dbunting said:

Never fear.  I'm here to claim my rightful place as champion of the Westeros NCAA tournament brackets.

All that not watching college basketball certainly paid off this year.

15 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Never fear.  I'm here to claim my rightful place as champion of the Westeros NCAA tournament brackets.

All that not watching college basketball certainly paid off this year.

Amazing how that works! The only games I watched all season were in the tournament. I don't think I watched a single game in 2015 either. I am definitely a fairweather basketball fan. If Michigan is doing well I watch, if not...

10 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

It would have been idiotic for him to leave when nearly everybody else is.  Plus that "beard" fits in perfectly at Duke ;) 

Yeah.  And with him returning, it may make it a bit easier for UK to land Mo Bamba.  We really need guards, but Bamba is the guy still out there I want the most.

Archived