Is Meera......

Iron Mother

Jon's twin?  re-watching the Bran-in-the-tree episode I caught that Howland Reed was with Ned at Tower of Joy... and he resembles Jojen... Meera does not.  She looks like Jon... she's got to be there for a reason... not just Bran's wheelchair... and it makes sense to make a huge deal about Jon's origin and kind of leave Meera to the side for a moment because he is a male (important in Westeros) and heir to two of the greatest houses when it comes down to it. 

If it matters, he/they were born after Rhaegar and Elia were dead.  I think that may make them legitimate.  Spouse dying, blah blah... so the claim would be immeasurable.  The claim to Targ legacy AND Winterfell.  The South and the North.  With Jon, that is. 

I wonder if they will bust this out.

16 hours ago, Iron Mother said:

Jon's twin?  re-watching the Bran-in-the-tree episode I caught that Howland Reed was with Ned at Tower of Joy... and he resembles Jojen... Meera does not.  She looks like Jon... she's got to be there for a reason... not just Bran's wheelchair... and it makes sense to make a huge deal about Jon's origin and kind of leave Meera to the side for a moment because he is a male (important in Westeros) and heir to two of the greatest houses when it comes down to it. 

If it matters, he/they were born after Rhaegar and Elia were dead.  I think that may make them legitimate.  Spouse dying, blah blah... so the claim would be immeasurable.  The claim to Targ legacy AND Winterfell.  The South and the North.  With Jon, that is. 

I wonder if they will bust this out.

No, she isn't. That theory was because the actors' hairstyles (and eye-colour) were similar, but in the books it's different.

It would not be bad if Meera was a claimant to the Iron Throne, though.

2 hours ago, Ser Walter of AShwood said:

Naah, Meera is of course actually Jaquen H'ghar, who is secretly Rhaegar, who is being skinchanged by Bloodraven, while Bloodraven is being skinchanged by Bran from the future. I mean, come on how hard can it be!!!
</sarcasm off>

Aren't you forgetting a step in there one of those guys is actually Mance Rayder only being glamoured to look like someone else?

At least one character in this series has to be who they claim to be.  If the scene in the Tower of Joy, where the baby's face morphs into Jon's isn't a sign that the baby is Jon and since there isn't another baby around to be Jon's twin well I give up.  Dramatically you can have, in a work like GoT, maybe two or three characters who turn out to not be who we are told that they are but here it's become that no one is who we've been told they are.

14 hours ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

Aren't you forgetting a step in there one of those guys is actually Mance Rayder only being glamoured to look like someone else?

Sorry, things are so freaking complicated, that I actually forgot that one.

Except of course that in the books Mance is/was really being glamoured to look like someone else.

in the books people are masqueraded such as Jon Connington and Aegon and their whole team, the hound on show was left for dead and returned.  jon died and returned and was actually a product of Rhaegar and Lyanna.  the whole rhaegar/lyanna bit was fraudulent in that everyone was telling lies about he raped her when they were actually in love, all cercei's and jamie's children are lies/fakes, sansa is paraded around all westeros masquerading as other people, arya is literally play acting as other people the whole time she is in bravos, ned lied to everyone about jon's origin (including his wife).  SO many people are assuming different identities and pretending to be something they aren't.  THEON=REEK.  Two farm boys burn at winterfell assumed to be bran and rickon.  LADY STONEHEART. 

The show or books are not beyond revealing someone for what we didn't expect them to be.

i read an article ( no i don't have documentation) showrunners said it was a "star wars-like situation" concerning the tower of joy...... and Howland Reed being there....... his "daughter" is the same approximate age and resembles Jon, it makes sense they would split up the twins and hide them apart from eachother but with people they trust and Howland Reed is a sworn shield of Winterfell.  Jon is the more important one to hide because he is the male heir to the Targaryen dynasty AND, now, to Winterfell through Lyanna.  Bran would be his nephew NOT his brother.  The same with Meera except she is female.  And the male/female conflict keeps building in the show AND books.  Ask Arianne.  Oh wait.... non book readers don't know who that is even tho leaked chapters have her traveling to align with Jon Connington and Aegon (a surprise, assumed-dead Targaryen prince back from the grave).

In the REAL timeline, Aegon would beat Jon to the throne by being slightly older and a wholly legitimate product of Rhaegar and Elia Martell (his wife).

If anything, WHY is Meera there this late in the game?  The end is coming, people are being removed who are not critical.  I don't claim to know what it means or whatever.  But on the surface, it looks likely or probably or perhaps possible.

It could be leading up to a restoration of the Targaryen dynasty.  The more the better.

55 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

in the books people are masqueraded such as Jon Connington and Aegon and their whole team, the hound on show was left for dead and returned.  jon died and returned and was actually a product of Rhaegar and Lyanna.  the whole rhaegar/lyanna bit was fraudulent in that everyone was telling lies about he raped her when they were actually in love, all cercei's and jamie's children are lies/fakes, sansa is paraded around all westeros masquerading as other people, arya is literally play acting as other people the whole time she is in bravos, ned lied to everyone about jon's origin (including his wife).  SO many people are assuming different identities and pretending to be something they aren't.  THEON=REEK.  Two farm boys burn at winterfell assumed to be bran and rickon.  LADY STONEHEART. 

The show or books are not beyond revealing someone for what we didn't expect them to be.

i read an article ( no i don't have documentation) showrunners said it was a "star wars-like situation" concerning the tower of joy...... and Howland Reed being there....... his "daughter" is the same approximate age and resembles Jon, it makes sense they would split up the twins and hide them apart from eachother but with people they trust and Howland Reed is a sworn shield of Winterfell.  Jon is the more important one to hide because he is the male heir to the Targaryen dynasty AND, now, to Winterfell through Lyanna.  Bran would be his nephew NOT his brother.  The same with Meera except she is female.  And the male/female conflict keeps building in the show AND books.  Ask Arianne.  Oh wait.... non book readers don't know who that is even tho leaked chapters have her traveling to align with Jon Connington and Aegon (a surprise, assumed-dead Targaryen prince back from the grave).

In the REAL timeline, Aegon would beat Jon to the throne by being slightly older and a wholly legitimate product of Rhaegar and Elia Martell (his wife).

If anything, WHY is Meera there this late in the game?  The end is coming, people are being removed who are not critical.  I don't claim to know what it means or whatever.  But on the surface, it looks likely or probably or perhaps possible.

It could be leading up to a restoration of the Targaryen dynasty.  The more the better.

That's all true but only because Sansa was disguised as Alaine and Arya as Arry and Cat of the Canal and A girl and No one and all the rest doesn't make them not-Sansa or not-Arya. At the end of the day if more than a couple people are actually not who we know them to be the whole secret identity business will lose its mojo and it will be a haphazard annoying mess where anybody can be anybody without nothing to back it up. (If you ever watched Pretty lLittle Liars, you know how that feels) 

somebody looking like somebody else doesn't make them siblings or related. I'm not related to that daughter of my dad's friend only because we both have brown hair and blue eyes and were born in the same year. Why would I be? 

What indicates that Meera is not a Reed let alone Jon's long lost sister? (Other than moderate physical resemblence) we know nothing about Meera. She has a gifted brother, she is a good sister and she likes to listen to her dad's stories. She is so marginal I keep forgetting she even exists. 

Meera is still alive because Bran can't walk and someone needed to get him out of the cave. And because they need to save characters to kill off for the last grand war. There's nothing more to this. 

16 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

What indicates that Meera is not a Reed let alone Jon's long lost sister? (Other than moderate physical resemblence) we know nothing about Meera. She has a gifted brother, she is a good sister and she likes to listen to her dad's stories. She is so marginal I keep forgetting she even exists. 

Meera is still alive because Bran can't walk and someone needed to get him out of the cave. And because they need to save characters to kill off for the last grand war. There's nothing more to this. 

i had said this before but............. it's not just those 2 things.  her "father" was with Ned at tower of joy and their houses go back thousands of years in alliance.  they made a point to say Howland was there.  the only other person (and there were what ten people there?) they made a point of saying was there was Sword of the Morning Arthur Dane.  At this far end of the show, not many more people can be coming out of closet with identities... But for the longest time, Meera was kind of a skin tag like "why is this girl around" and she keeps remaining.

I'm just saying as I always have, it's a possibility.  For what reason, I do not know.  When they split Luke and Leia it was a conspiracy (on purpose) to trusted people who would raise them.  That's why the term "long lost sister" should not be used here because everyone involved in hiding them is "in-the-know".  Ned knew, so did Howland both knew what they were doing and why.

On 24. 3. 2017 at 10:43 AM, Iron Mother said:

Star Wars aspect Alfie has ben talking about got more to do with Rhaegar being viewed as enemy, bad guy much like Darth Vader was. Meera is for sure not his twin sister because only thing that theory offers is the same hairstyle. I'd buy more theory Jon and Dany are twins but even that is a bit ridiculous.

In the books and the wiki description Meera has some typical crannogman/Howland traits.  She has a slim slight build and green eyes.  Jon is said to look very much like a Stark.  While it is true that in the show she looks something like Jon she also looks like she could be Yara's little sister.

On 2017. 03. 25. at 4:08 AM, Iron Mother said:

i had said this before but............. it's not just those 2 things.  her "father" was with Ned at tower of joy and their houses go back thousands of years in alliance.  they made a point to say Howland was there.  the only other person (and there were what ten people there?) they made a point of saying was there was Sword of the Morning Arthur Dane.  At this far end of the show, not many more people can be coming out of closet with identities... But for the longest time, Meera was kind of a skin tag like "why is this girl around" and she keeps remaining.

I'm just saying as I always have, it's a possibility.  For what reason, I do not know.  When they split Luke and Leia it was a conspiracy (on purpose) to trusted people who would raise them.  That's why the term "long lost sister" should not be used here because everyone involved in hiding them is "in-the-know".  Ned knew, so did Howland both knew what they were doing and why.

The significance of Howland being at the tower of joy is not that he is the only one left alive to tell the tale. that's why they made a point of him being there. Because he survived. Nobody cares who those other guys were who died for Ned and didn't live to tell the story. Howland matters because he did, because he was at the tourney, he knows what happened. Meera is an extension to keep us reminded that the reeds exist and someone to take care of Bran who CANT WALK and needed someone to pull him out of that cave. Nothing at all points out any connection to Rhaegar or Lyanna. The show proved R+L=J and if there's another baby at all, which I doubt, it has to be Daenerys some way as she is the only other character significant enough to be involved in that love rectangle. She is the only one who is obsessed with Rhaegar and her father the way Jon was obsessed with her mother. There was never the slightest indication that Howland is not Meera's father. (Unless of course you are trying to say that Lyanna slept with Howland too which, no offense, on the level of Brandon + Ashara = Daenerys/Jon). 

Yeah, of course someone would know about it, but after Jon's parentage was revealed there's little to no room to go back to that scene and say, Hey, watch this from another camera angle, there's an other baby in the corner. hence I'm still of the opinion that as far as the show is concerned the only biological siblings Jon has were Rhaenys and Aegon. Again, there's no point in discussing what route the books might take, as we will never find that one out.

14 hours ago, Iron Mother said:

look, i have never but once mentioned she resembled Jon now everyone is disclaiming my post because of hairstyles and eye color.

The true nature of my post is being ignored.

:o

Uh no it isn't.  Plenty of points have been made that you have simply chosen to ignore.  BTW, in case you have forgotten, you brought up the whole physical resemblance thing in your very first post in this thread, and I quote;

" I caught that Howland Reed was with Ned at Tower of Joy... and he resembles Jojen... Meera does not.  She looks like Jon... "

So much for the "true nature" of your post being ignored.

6 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

The significance of Howland being at the tower of joy is not that he is the only one left alive to tell the tale. that's why they made a point of him being there. Because he survived. Nobody cares who those other guys were who died for Ned and didn't live to tell the story. Howland matters because he did, because he was at the tourney, he knows what happened. Meera is an extension to keep us reminded that the reeds exist and someone to take care of Bran who CANT WALK and needed someone to pull him out of that cave. Nothing at all points out any connection to Rhaegar or Lyanna. The show proved R+L=J and if there's another baby at all, which I doubt, it has to be Daenerys some way as she is the only other character significant enough to be involved in that love rectangle. She is the only one who is obsessed with Rhaegar and her father the way Jon was obsessed with her mother. There was never the slightest indication that Howland is not Meera's father. (Unless of course you are trying to say that Lyanna slept with Howland too which, no offense, on the level of Brandon + Ashara = Daenerys/Jon). 

Yeah, of course someone would know about it, but after Jon's parentage was revealed there's little to no room to go back to that scene and say, Hey, watch this from another camera angle, there's an other baby in the corner. hence I'm still of the opinion that as far as the show is concerned the only biological siblings Jon has were Rhaenys and Aegon. Again, there's no point in discussing what route the books might take, as we will never find that one out.

Dany was born after Lyanna's death. Unless George lied about it, then really they can't be brother and sister. OIt would be sort of parallel to Jaime and Cersei - as brother and sister. It would be twist and there are plenty of people who believe in that given as you said Dany's obsession with Rhaegar, unclear childhood and link to both Rhaegar and Lyanna in the books in appearance or nature.

1 hour ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Dany was born after Lyanna's death. Unless George lied about it, then really they can't be brother and sister. OIt would be sort of parallel to Jaime and Cersei - as brother and sister. It would be twist and there are plenty of people who believe in that given as you said Dany's obsession with Rhaegar, unclear childhood and link to both Rhaegar and Lyanna in the books in appearance or nature.

I know, that's why I don't think Jon has any siblings other than Rhaenys and Aegon. I would like Daenerys to be Rhaegar's daughter, but other than that there's nothing to support such scenario. Since there's little to no chance that happens, I don't see anybody else being revealed as Jon's (twin)sister, especially not a character as marginal and insignificant to the ice and fire topic as Meera. 

2 hours ago, Byfort of Corfe said:

Uh no it isn't.  Plenty of points have been made that you have simply chosen to ignore.  BTW, in case you have forgotten, you brought up the whole physical resemblance thing in your very first post in this thread, and I quote;

" I caught that Howland Reed was with Ned at Tower of Joy... and he resembles Jojen... Meera does not.  She looks like Jon... "

So much for the "true nature" of your post being ignored.

" i have never but once mentioned she resembled Jon" - IronMother

all you have to do is read. 

Archived