Your Random ASOIAF/TWOIAF/D&E Opinions, Confessions and Dirty Secrets, TEN-POCALYPSE

JonCon's Red Beard

Small Off-topic: guys, guys, guuuuys. Hi. Not dead (and I haven't become a Trump supporter either). Rumours of both have been quite exaggerated. I've been busy with personal projects, I got sick again last month, and for those of you who have heard about the floods in Peru, yes: it's been terrible here. I'm ok, I live in a place that is safe (although the city didn't have water for four days and it's still the same for many districts until they can fix it all). Sadly, more than 50% of the country has been damaged one way or another, and thousands have lost everything. It's calmed down a bit, but it might continue the next week because more rains are coming. Also, in case you thought you had problems, we had a prison set on fire, a small earthquake, a terrorist attack, and today, a volcano too. Maybe Captain Planet will show up?

Yes, I'm joking about it: joking helps people to go through bad times.

Those whose countries are already sent help or are sending help by now (South America, EU, USA, Canada, Japan, Turkey), thank you very much. It's highly appreciated. I know for certain that it's already been distributed among those who need it the most. For those who want to help, Peruvian embassies all over the world are receiving donations*. Here is a list with all the bank accounts that had been opened. The money will go to the INDECI, the Institute that provides help during disasters. (that's an official list by the government, I had nothing to do with it, I'm not the president. Yet). If you have any questions, please don't derail the thread and DM. But as I said, I'm ok, my family and friends in general are ok as well.

*Those living in Florida, I know the Peruvian community there is taking food and other things and they need a lot of help, specially to send it here.

Now, let's continue with our shenanigans.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _

Thought of a crazy theory but you can't prove it and just want to tell everyone?

Some lines gave you a hunch that you're certain might happen but you have no evidence?

You think X is an idiot and need to tell the world?

Fear no more. We all been there. No discussions. No evidence. Just... random thoughts.

not mix up with small questions or I never noticed that

previous ones, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9

Hm I think a lot of characters from the books are extremely overrated,Rhaegar Targaryen,Tyrion Lannister,Eddard Stark,Tywin Lannister,Stannis,Roose Bolton,Jon Snow,Robb Stark,Bloodraven,Euron,Arya Stark,Oberyn Martell,Wyman Manderly,Daenerys Targaryen,my other opinion is that many fans are way too easily impressed by those characters and create too many theories,make them more important than they were or are.

23 minutes ago, prcxfo said:

Hm I think a lot of characters from the books are extremely overrated,Rhaegar Targaryen,Tyrion Lannister,Eddard Stark,Tywin Lannister,Stannis,Roose Bolton,Jon Snow,Robb Stark,Bloodraven,Euron,Arya Stark,Oberyn Martell,Wyman Manderly,my other opinion is that many fans are way too easily impressed by those characters and create too many theories,make them more important than they were or are.

You are a Dany fan, I guess?

22 minutes ago, SirLoras The gay said:

I have a theory that Ned Stark is still alive and the person who was killed by the executinier was a faceless man hired by Varys. Something bugs me about that visit to Eddard. 

Really, really random and please don't take offence, but the formatting of your user name irrationally irritates me.

7 minutes ago, Horse of Kent said:

You are a Dany fan, I guess?

Absolutely not,dany sounds like the name of a boy and adding Daenerys Targaryen to the other names would've made it too long.However i will edit my post i have no wish to be mistaken for a dany fan,i guess you guessed wrong.

3 minutes ago, prcxfo said:

Absolutely not,dany sounds like the name of a boy and adding Daenerys Targaryen to the other names would've made it too long.However i will edit my post i have no wish to be mistaken for a dany fan,i guess you guessed wrong.

Which major characters do you like or think are interesting? I guessed Dany as she was one of the few not on your list.

The three heads of the dragon may not be the same as the three dragon riders.

The three heads may refer to triumvirate rulers, while the dragon riders may be like the Dothraki bloodriders.

I lowkey think Robert + Ashara = Gendry. The dude who paid Gendry's tuition (widely assumed to be Varys) was in fact an agent of House Dayne, hence the colors of his cloak, purple and silver. 

Or something. 

9 hours ago, Good Guy Garlan said:

I lowkey think Robert + Ashara = Gendry. The dude who paid Gendry's tuition (widely assumed to be Varys) was in fact an agent of House Dayne, hence the colors of his cloak, purple and silver. 

Or something. 

That's not completely crackpot. 

Confession #1:  if given the opportunity to right now, I would throw both Bran and Arya out of a window and send an assassin to finish the job.  I hate their chapters more than Areo's or Arianne's or any of the other unpopular ones.  And despite the obvious trials and unfortunate events that have plagued them, I actually fail to feel any human emotion like sympathy towards them.  I'm rooting for them both to go full evil now so I don't seem like too much of an asshole.

Confession #2:  I'm ready to throw GRRM and D&D out that window as well and let some fan-fic writer finish the series.

If it's true that character parallels are foreshadowing of future romantic involvement as some posters assert, then I am 100% certain that ASOIAF will end in a massive and very uncomfortable to read orgy, because character parallels are everywhere.

42 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

If it's true that character parallels are foreshadowing of future romantic involvement as some posters assert, then I am 100% certain that ASOIAF will end in a massive and very uncomfortable to read orgy, because character parallels are everywhere.

Hopefully, HBO will not cut that scene! I mean, I appreciated Ros, really, but I felt cheated by the omission of Arianne's round ripe breasts with their huge dark nipples and the Myrish swamp on-screen. 

14 hours ago, Horse of Kent said:

Which major characters do you like or think are interesting? I guessed Dany as she was one of the few not on your list.

Ah i have no favorite,everyone's somewhat interesting in one time or another,but none are all that special,considering the so many theories.

Archived