Your Random ASOIAF/TWOIAF/D&E Opinions, Confessions and Dirty Secrets, TEN-POCALYPSE

JonCon's Red Beard

In my absolutely unhumble opinion the starks(mainly Lord Snow and his supposed mother) get too much attention in every fucking theory around. Why for fucks sake must every second character be a secret targ? tyrion,jon snow,Jaime?Walder Frey?
And who the f*** cares if he's a targ,like he's one of the biggest failures in the story so far and every second theory is about him being the world's saviour(whatever that's suppose to mean).

Conclusion: FUCK jon snow,i hope he stays dead,just in case have him chopped to tiny pieces then have him thermally proccessed fed to the pigs and then dump their shit in the sea.

Moving on,why is Tyrion so well liked/loved? The guy murders his own father for a prostitute and everyone is justifying and excusing it(to be honest i do the same with other things,still annoys me tho),but that takes the cake,killing someone is bad enough,killing someone of your family even worse,and worser yet doing it for someone else and not even someone worth it but a hooker.

Conclusion: I hope he meets Robert Strong in a dark alley,and stays there forever,until his funeral of course.

PS: No idea why those two annoy me so much,perhaps because the fandom likes them,but anyways my rant is over for now.

27 minutes ago, Lord Tywin of House Bolton said:

In my absolutely unhumble opinion the starks(mainly Lord Snow and his supposed mother) get too much attention in every fucking theory around. Why for fucks sake must every second character be a secret targ? tyrion,jon snow,Jaime?Walder Frey?
And who the f*** cares if he's a targ,like he's one of the biggest failures in the story so far and every second theory is about him being the world's saviour(whatever that's suppose to mean).

Conclusion: FUCK jon snow,i hope he stays dead,just in case have him chopped to tiny pieces then have him thermally proccessed fed to the pigs and then dump their shit in the sea.

Moving on,why is Tyrion so well liked/loved? The guy murders his own father for a prostitute and everyone is justifying and excusing it(to be honest i do the same with other things,still annoys me tho),but that takes the cake,killing someone is bad enough,killing someone of your family even worse,and worser yet doing it for someone else and not even someone worth it but a hooker.

Conclusion: I hope he meets Robert Strong in a dark alley,and stays there forever,until his funeral of course.

PS: No idea why those two annoy me so much,perhaps because the fandom likes them,but anyways my rant is over for now.

How do you feel about Sansa? 

HOW I THINK IT'S GOING TO END:

Dany takes her Dragon's North to fight the Others, they win the battle, but Drogon takes a grevous wound and is lost (presumed dead.) The other two dragons are killed as well and Dany loses the Throne. She is able to take dragonstone with what little forces remain to her.

Dany is morose, and often spends her time in the chamber of the painted table, mourning for her Dragons and lost throne. 

She is fixated on the table.... with its dry seas, and flat mountains. 

One day she looks west, across the table; King's landing is burning and over the painted table it looks as though the sun were rising in the west. 

She hears the beating of heavy leather wings.

Her love has returned.

* So of course i have no REAL solid reason to think this. But I like the idea all the same. Maybe, at that point Daenerys has taken a lover, and she will feel the baby kick at the same time...

I dunno..

5 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Snarlyyow, the dog fiend: Set in 1699 and framed around the Jacobite (supporters of the overthrown king, James II) conspiracies of the time, Lieutenant Cornelius Vanslyperken is the greedy and treacherous commander of a small vessel that hunts for smugglers in the English Channel. Snarleyyow is his "indestructible" dog.

This is like the best thing I've heard (well, read) all day. Thank you ever so, FL!

My dirty secret is that apparently a lot of my favorite chapters (especially when listening rather than reading) involve food and monologues (feasts, weddings, and Cersei excluded): Ned and Pycelle (only iced milk, but still), Tyrion and Pycelle, Davos and Melisandre in the DS dungeon, Davos and Godric Borrell, Tyrion and Slynt, Jaime, Brienne, and Roose, etc.

7 hours ago, Lord Tywin of House Bolton said:

First off, Jon is by no means anywhere near my favorite character but he's not a failure thus far. He's not that interesting either, but hey we needed a POV at the Wall and north of it. Realistically, very few characters are going to end up having hidden identities or parentage. We just bet bored between books and like to theorize. The Starks get the most attention because they have the most POV characters. 

Second, you have not been paying attention. Tyrion did not kill Tywin over Shae. Generally speaking the only people around here who think that are the ones who have only watched the show. In fact, of all the things D&D have screwed up the one I think the worst (yes, even considering Dorne) is changing the whole Tyrion/Tywin confrontation. Taking Tysha (NOT a hooker!) out of the equation ruins the whole thing, and gets the reaction you exhibited in your post. 

If you'd like the REAL reason why Tyrion killed Tywin I recommend re-reading that scene and the one before it where Tyrion learns from Jaime that Tysha was just a sweet peasant girl who really did love him, as well as the background on what Tywin put both of those poor kids through, and Tywin basically treating Tyrion like shit his whole life because he had the nerve to be born deformed. Then maybe about all the rotten things Tywin did in the series and its history. Of all the people in the series who desperately deserved to be killed in a rotten way, Tywin is the most deserving of his fate. It literally could not have happened to a nicer guy.

1 hour ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

<snipped for length>

Hear, hear!! :cheers: 

Thank you for your comments Lady Blizzardborn. You have tastefully articulated much of what I wanted to say in response to this post. 

However, without you beating me to it, I fear my response would not have been so cordial. I feel it's best to leave the rest unsaid.

8 hours ago, Lord Tywin of House Bolton said:

<snip>

Why for fucks sake must every second character be a secret targ? 

<snip>

The guy murders his own father  

<snip>

killing someone of your family even worse,

<snip>

Well here you go. Mayhaps we can take one of the sources of your agravation, and use it to lessen another source. Just maybe, Tyrion will turn out to be a secret Targ, therefore your disgust with him being a kin-slayer can be nullified. :dunno:  

9 hours ago, Lord Tywin of House Bolton said:

Tyrion killed his father because of decades of abuse, hatred and neglect, not because of Shae. The hypocrisy of finding Shae in his bed doesn't even compare to all the horrible stuff Tywin had done to him. 
He was also just about ready to nonchalantly sentence his son to die, so. 

12 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

How do you feel about Sansa? 

A little bit boring but dosen't annoy me as much :P

5 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

First off, Jon is by no means anywhere near my favorite character but he's not a failure thus far. He's not that interesting either, but hey we needed a POV at the Wall and north of it. Realistically, very few characters are going to end up having hidden identities or parentage. We just bet bored between books and like to theorize. The Starks get the most attention because they have the most POV characters. 

Second, you have not been paying attention. Tyrion did not kill Tywin over Shae. Generally speaking the only people around here who think that are the ones who have only watched the show. In fact, of all the things D&D have screwed up the one I think the worst (yes, even considering Dorne) is changing the whole Tyrion/Tywin confrontation. Taking Tysha (NOT a hooker!) out of the equation ruins the whole thing, and gets the reaction you exhibited in your post. 

If you'd like the REAL reason why Tyrion killed Tywin I recommend re-reading that scene and the one before it where Tyrion learns from Jaime that Tysha was just a sweet peasant girl who really did love him, as well as the background on what Tywin put both of those poor kids through, and Tywin basically treating Tyrion like shit his whole life because he had the nerve to be born deformed. Then maybe about all the rotten things Tywin did in the series and its history. Of all the people in the series who desperately deserved to be killed in a rotten way, Tywin is the most deserving of his fate. It literally could not have happened to a nicer guy.

I know about Tysha,still it's killing your own father basically over a girlfriend and she could've been a whore for all we know,jaime isn't the most reliable witness

3 hours ago, Renly's Banana said:

Tyrion killed his father because of decades of abuse, hatred and neglect, not because of Shae. The hypocrisy of finding Shae in his bed doesn't even compare to all the horrible stuff Tywin had done to him. 
He was also just about ready to nonchalantly sentence his son to die, so. 

I think it was Tysha and his trial that triggered it,i disagree however that he was that abused,he simply wanted to kill his father and so he did. His being abused was nowhere near that horrible as it's made out.

4 hours ago, Darkstream said:

Well here you go. Mayhaps we can take one of the sources of your agravation, and use it to lessen another source. Just maybe, Tyrion will turn out to be a secret Targ, therefore your disgust with him being a kin-slayer can be nullified. :dunno:  

Hahaha i simply dislike his character for some reason and even if he's a targ,which btw could explain why he's a dwarf,maybe Joanna didn't want the child and had "moon tea" but it didn't kill him and so he was born deformed.

I recently got a new phone, and the game centre gave me a random username as I don't like to use my own: ThreeHeadedCrow. No idea where it came up wiht this name, It is a game about fish.. I just wanted to share:)

I just finished a re-listen to ADWD, and I am getting more and more convinced that Quentyn is alive. I might be very influenced by my love of Quent, but the scenes jusy play out suspiciously...charater on fire, cut to unrecognizable character dying. Even dying wiht a smile on his face, very unlike Quentyn. 

6 hours ago, Tralalala said:

A little bit boring but dosen't annoy me as much :P

I know about Tysha,still it's killing your own father basically over a girlfriend and she could've been a whore for all we know,jaime isn't the most reliable witness

I think it was Tysha and his trial that triggered it,i disagree however that he was that abused,he simply wanted to kill his father and so he did. His being abused was nowhere near that horrible as it's made out.

Hahaha i simply dislike his character for some reason and even if he's a targ,which btw could explain why he's a dwarf,maybe Joanna didn't want the child and had "moon tea" but it didn't kill him and so he was born deformed.

So what if Tasha was whore she was a 13yr old child she didn't deserve the gangrape that Tywin gave her. 

Tywin made Tyrion sit and watch his 13yr old wife get gangrape by his soldiers than proceeded to force Tyrion to participate. That is a very traumatic experience and very horrible. Tywin deserved to be murdered he was a monster who should have died years ago, Tyrion is a hero for putting him down like the POS he is. 

And no Tyrion is not a secret Targaryen. Him being a dwarf does not show he's a Targaryen because the Targaryens don't have dwarfs in their family. 

9 hours ago, Tralalala said:

Are you.. are you seriously being a Tywin apologist right now? Is this really the hill you want to die on? Don't get me wrong dude, I like Tywin too and I will defend him on some issues, but are you really downplaying his abuse of Tyrion? He had a 14-year-old child gang-raped by all his men and forced his 13-year-old son to watch, THEN rape her too. He's been telling his son for as long as he can remember that he would have killed him as a baby if he had the chance. He openly blames him for killing his own mother. He denies him Casterly Rock -- his legal right -- simply because he doesn't like him, and he tells him so. He jumped at the chance to have Tyrion executed by legal means after he was accused of killing Joffrey. So yeah, he did want to kill his father.. and I don't blame him.

25 minutes ago, Renly's Banana said:

Are you.. are you seriously being a Tywin apologist right now? Is this really the hill you want to die on? Don't get me wrong dude, I like Tywin too and I will defend him on some issues, but are you really downplaying his abuse of Tyrion? He had a 14-year-old child gang-raped by all his men and forced his 13-year-old son to watch, THEN rape her too. He's been telling his son for as long as he can remember that he would have killed him as a baby if he had the chance. He openly blames him for killing his own mother. He denies him Casterly Rock -- his legal right -- simply because he doesn't like him, and he tells him so. He jumped at the chance to have Tyrion executed by legal means after he was accused of killing Joffrey. So yeah, he did want to kill his father.. and I don't blame him.

Oh come now, Tywin isn't all that bad. He did award Tyrion with the great honor of leading the vanguard into battle against Roose and the Northern troops didn't he?

Oh wait, sorry. Yeah, I'm confusing honoring your son, with attempting to have your son killed. My mistake.

30 minutes ago, Renly's Banana said:

And then Tyrion had a man killed and turned into soup -- a feat of which he liked to brag, framing the man's demise as an amusing quip -- just because he feared what song he might sing next.

Let's not elevate Tyrion to the moral stratosphere either.

13 hours ago, Tralalala said:

<snip

<snip

Wife, not girlfriend. And one of the few people who ever truly loved Tyrion or treated him with any decency. Other than her Tyrion had two uncles and Jaime. Everyone else was either was awful to him, barely tolerated him, or tried to pretend he didn't exist.

Jaime is a perfectly reliable witness. Unlike most of the characters he actually has first-hand knowledge of most of what he says, and he doesn't "edit" his memory to add things that weren't there. The entire point of him telling Tyrion the truth about Tysha is that his conscience is killing him after having lied to his brother all those years. Jaime, more than anyone else, is exactly in a position to know the truth about Tysha. And there would be no reason to lie about it at the point where he breaks Tyrion out of the dungeons.

No, he didn't. He had no intention of killing his father. He just wanted to find out what happened to the one person he thought actually loved him. The crossbow was for bargaining purposes. If Tywin had just told him where to find Tysha, he would have left the way he came and Tywin wouldn't have been able to stop him. He only shot him when he kept calling Tysha a whore. It was a crime of passion, not a pre-meditated murder.

Reread the scene where we learn what Tywin did to punish Tyrion and Tysha for the sin of an unequal marriage. Not that their marriage was the only reason. Tywin was still punishing Tyrion for Joanna's death when the series started.

4 hours ago, ravenous reader said:

And then Tyrion had a man killed and turned into soup -- a feat of which he liked to brag, framing the man's demise as an amusing quip -- just because he feared what song he might sing next.

Renly's Banana's post did not remotely elevate Tyrion into the moral any-sphere. There's rather a large difference between saying "I don't blame him" for one action and nominating the guy for sainthood. 

5 hours ago, Renly's Banana said:

Yes i'm downplaying it,i agree it was horrible and traumatic,but much more so for the girl in question than for Tyrion,and i don't apologise anyone from a moral viewpoint Tywin was very wrong,pehaps from a lawful one too but law in westeros isn't law in our day and age,not that our law is always correct mind you. Forced him to rape her? How exactly? Me thinks Tyrion was mad because the truth(she loves him) turned out at that moment to be a lie(she's a whore) and he did what he did,sure he felt bad aftewards and everything,but i doubt Tywin stuffed him with the westerosi equivalent of viagra and had him forced physically,more likely psychologically forced him to do the deed.

7 hours ago, The Wolves said:

So what if Tasha was whore she was a 13yr old child she didn't deserve the gangrape that Tywin gave her. 

Tywin made Tyrion sit and watch his 13yr old wife get gangrape by his soldiers than proceeded to force Tyrion to participate. That is a very traumatic experience and very horrible. Tywin deserved to be murdered he was a monster who should have died years ago, Tyrion is a hero for putting him down like the POS he is. 

And no Tyrion is not a secret Targaryen. Him being a dwarf does not show he's a Targaryen because the Targaryens don't have dwarfs in their family. 

What do you want me to say? It's easy to abuse a position of power/influence and lords in westeros have a lot of it. I don't agree that Tywin deserved to die for that,by the family of the girl sure but by his own son, no.
I don't know how to give an example in english but i'll try anyway to explain what i mean, Tywin did do a horrible thing no doubt here but he's still his father.
Imagine for a moment please,that you know your father is doing all sorts of horrible stuff(mengele) for example and all those people are innocents,but at the end of the day he's still your father would you kill him for some unknown or even known nonames or even a "wife/girlfriend" that you've known for however long Tyrion knew that girl at the end of the day?

33 minutes ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Wife, not girlfriend. And one of the few people who ever truly loved Tyrion or treated him with any decency. Other than her Tyrion had two uncles and Jaime. Everyone else was either was awful to him, barely tolerated him, or tried to pretend he didn't exist.

Jaime is a perfectly reliable witness. Unlike most of the characters he actually has first-hand knowledge of most of what he says, and he doesn't "edit" his memory to add things that weren't there. The entire point of him telling Tyrion the truth about Tysha is that his conscience is killing him after having lied to his brother all those years. Jaime, more than anyone else, is exactly in a position to know the truth about Tysha. And there would be no reason to lie about it at the point where he breaks Tyrion out of the dungeons.

No, he didn't. He had no intention of killing his father. He just wanted to find out what happened to the one person he thought actually loved him. The crossbow was for bargaining purposes. If Tywin had just told him where to find Tysha, he would have left the way he came and Tywin wouldn't have been able to stop him. He only shot him when he kept calling Tysha a whore. It was a crime of passion, not a pre-meditated murder.

Reread the scene where we learn what Tywin did to punish Tyrion and Tysha for the sin of an unequal marriage. Not that their marriage was the only reason. Tywin was still punishing Tyrion for Joanna's death when the series started.

Ok. I don't excuse Tywin,but what Tyrion did was also wrong even more so,and i think he did plan to kill him why go to his room then,yeah it wasn't on his mind like a mantra (i must kill i must kill) but he did go to the hand rooms for a purpose.

15 minutes ago, Tralalala said:

<snip

Ok. I don't excuse Tywin,but what Tyrion did was also wrong even more so,and i think he did plan to kill him why go to his room then,yeah it wasn't on his mind like a mantra (i must kill i must kill) but he did go to the hand rooms for a purpose.

Because he'd just found out Tysha was entirely innocent and loved him, and Tywin was the only person on earth who might be able to tell him where to find her. That was his purpose. 

I disagree that it's any worse to end a life than to systematically destroy someone throughout their life, especially their childhood. 

6 hours ago, ravenous reader said:

I never claimed that Tyrion was a saint. 
Although killing a man who was openly blackmailing you while also putting the life of the woman you love in immediate danger could be seen as a tad understandable. If not sympathetic. At least in my opinion~

1 hour ago, Tralalala said:

Yes i'm downplaying it,i agree it was horrible and traumatic,but much more so for the girl in question than for Tyrion,and i don't apologise anyone from a moral viewpoint Tywin was very wrong,pehaps from a lawful one too but law in westeros isn't law in our day and age,not that our law is always correct mind you. Forced him to rape her? How exactly? Me thinks Tyrion was mad because the truth(she loves him) turned out at that moment to be a lie(she's a whore) and he did what he did,sure he felt bad aftewards and everything,but i doubt Tywin stuffed him with the westerosi equivalent of viagra and had him forced physically,more likely psychologically forced him to do the deed.

Something tells me you're not a very big Tyrion fan. It's a hunch I have. 
Nothing in-text tells us what Tyrion felt when he was forced to rape Tysha -- I mean, I'm gonna assume he felt bad, seeing as no rational child would feel anything less in that situation. And yes, it was rape, since I'm guessing she wasn't exactly feeling it at the time. So anything else you feel or think about it is conjecture.

The point still remains that absolutely nothing Tyrion has done is as bad as the things Tywin did. In general, but also to Tyrion. And anyone who even dared to love Tyrion. He could have easily had Tysha banished or forbidden them to be together, but instead he went the extra mile to forever scar his son just out of spite.

Tyrion rightly lost his shit once Jaime told him the truth. I think his intent was less malicious and more suicidal; he wanted to confront his father about it and damn whatever happens. The added pain of seeing Shae with him is probably what pushed him over the edge to grabbing the crossbow. Tywin did that to Tysha because she was a "lowly whore" that had no place with Tyrion... and here he finds a lowly whore in his father's bed. I'd shoot Tywin in the gut too. And maybe one more time through the chest for being a hypocrite. 

Archived