Your Random ASOIAF/TWOIAF/D&E Opinions, Confessions and Dirty Secrets, TEN-POCALYPSE

JonCon's Red Beard

1 hour ago, Frances Bean Corbray said:

Please refer to my custom title underneath my username for my thoughts on this topic of discussion

Alright, I'll bite. Why is it that you would like to see the whole of humanity wiped off of the face of Planetos?

28 minutes ago, Frances Bean Corbray said:

What makes you think that necessarily follows from an Others victory?

Touche'. 

I guess it's just the impression that I got from reading the books, mostly Old Nan's tales I suppose. I don't suppose you have a plausible scenario in mind where in it doesn't...Or are you just having fun letting me dangle on the line?

7 hours ago, Renly's Banana said:

snip

Ok  ok that i understand killin him for being lied to,anyways enough about tywin and tyrion,you wont make me hate or like the other more than i'll make you:)  And yes i like Tywin better but he's still an arogant and overrated as fuck,but so are most other book characters :)

3 hours ago, Darkstream said:

Alright, I'll bite. Why is it that you would like to see the whole of humanity wiped off of the face of Planetos?

Shiny blue eyes And you could call them my precious, like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz-8CSa9xj8

6 hours ago, Tralalala said:

Shiny blue eyes And you could call them my precious, like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz-8CSa9xj8

Heh heh!

Well thanks for momentarily dipping me back in the water for a breath of oxygen. However, I fear that Frances Bean Corbray is just going to let me dangle here until my scales dry out, and my gills start to bleed.

I kid of course. I realize that you are not bound by my schedule.

When I first started reading the series, the Kardashians were becoming a big thing and people were pushing me to watch it. I valiantly resisted and to this day have never seen the show, but all the same, I had Kardashians on the brain b/c they were in my face so much.

When the Targs were introduced, I thought, really powerful people, super pretty, hadn't done much of consequence for the kingdom, not especially talented (since the dragons died)...see where I'm going, here?

To this day, half of the time Targaryen comes out as Targashian.

1 minute ago, Lollygag said:

When I first started reading the series, the Kardashians were becoming a big thing and people were pushing to watch it. I valiantly resisted and to this day have never seen the show, but all the same, I had Karashians on the brain b/c they were in my face so much.

When the Targs were introduced, I thought, really powerful people, super pretty, hadn't done much of consequence for the kingdom, not especially talented (since the dragons died)...see where I'm going, here?

To this day, half of the time Targaryen comes out as Targashian.

Really?  I imagine Valyrians looking almost Asian.  

Actually, the Kardashians would resemble what I imagine the Starks looking like, minus the high cheekbones.  Most Middle Easterns or Italians do. 

Just now, Isobel Harper said:

Actually, the Kardashians would resemble what I imagine the Starks looking like, minus the high cheekbones.  Most Middle Easterns or Italians do. 

I wasn't comparing their looks at all. Just comparing the celebrity-vibe that both had.

13 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

I wasn't comparing their looks at all. Just comparing the celebrity-vibe that both had.

Well, I would argue that conquerering and/or ruling over two continents is substantially more accomplished than...Uh, whatever it is that the Kardashians have done.

ETA: Not to mention taming dragons, quite the impressive feat in of itself.

18 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

Well, I would argue that conquerering and/or ruling over two continents is substantially more accomplished than...Uh, whatever it is that the Kardashians have done.

Like I said "When I first started reading the series...", implying that I didn't know the context yet.

The above post wasn't my serious position on the Targs as a whole, and if it was, I wouldn't put in in the thread that was intended to not be taken seriously (opinions, confessions, & dirty secrets, Ten-pocalyse). I didn't think anyone would actually take "Targashian" seriously.

A lot of the other threads are kind of heavy right now, so may try to lighten up in this one? That seems to be the intention of it.

32 minutes ago, Isobel Harper said:

Then why would the Targaryens and Lyseni be pale semi-albinos with silver hair and light eyes? 
And the most "swarthy" people (i.e. olive skin, black hair) in Westeros are the Dornish. 

9 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

Like I said "When I first started reading the series...", implying that I didn't know the context yet.

The above post wasn't my serious position on the Targs as a whole, and if it was, I wouldn't put in in the thread that was intended to not be taken seriously (opinions, confessions, & dirty secrets, Ten-pocalyse). I didn't think anyone would actually take "Targashian" seriously.

Alright, alright. I'm sorry. No need to get defensive. Honestly, my comment was meant to be a dig at the Kardashians, not you.

21 minutes ago, Renly's Banana said:

Then why would the Targaryens and Lyseni be pale semi-albinos with silver hair and light eyes? 
And the most "swarthy" people (i.e. olive skin, black hair) in Westeros are the Dornish. 

I wasn't referring to skin color, just facial structure/features.  

2 hours ago, Isobel Harper said:

Ewwww comparing Starks' looks to the Kardashians, just nasty. 

Also how did you come up with Valaryans looking Asian? 

But I would think the Starks were really pale living in the North where they hardly got any sun. 

2 hours ago, The Wolves said:

Ewwww comparing Starks' looks to the Kardashians, just nasty. 

Also how did you come up with Valaryans looking Asian? 

But I would think the Starks were really pale living in the North where they hardly got any sun. 

Kinda Asian, kinda elvish.  Think Asian depictions of Caucasians in some cartoons/artwork.  Think Raiden in MGS 4, minus the "machinery" obviously.  

I think the Stark reunions will be pretty warm and fuzzy, but the catch-up is going to be pretty awkward because all of their stories sound kind of nuts, even for Westeros.

Sorry for my weird sense of humor. Also, have to make some assumptions on Jon's part.

Jon: “Hey guys. I was murdered by my own NW men, resurrected by some super old fire witch from Essos who hates our gods and wants to burn all of our trees and thinks I’m some sort of messiah named Azor Ahai. She likes to burn people alive, too. Babies, children, she doesn’t care. Sure glad she brought me back, though! I might be dead, too. Jury’s still out on that. Oh, and I’m not really your brother! Yeah, Rhaegar’s and Lyanna’s kid, Prince that was Promised, heir to the Iron Throne, and all that. Also, I’ve spent so much time in Ghost, that well, I’m now having identity issues.” {Scratches ear with foot...}

Sansa: “Hey, great to see you all again. I’ve been hanging with Cersei. Since Mom died, she’s kinda been the closest thing to a mother that I had. Totally nuts, homicidal and turned Gregor Clegane’s corpse into a who-knows-what, but she did the best she could with me. I married her brother, too, you know, the demon monkey? Didn’t really want to but it wasn’t so bad. Everyone says I orchestrated some complicated plot and murdered Joffrey, but I totally swear I didn’t. This guy LF has been really helpful though. He's showing me how to lie really convincingly. He killed Dad, which sucks, but anyway, LF is my new Dad now. We make out sometimes.”

Stoneheart: makes indistinguishable noises by squishing the gash in her throat.

Arya: “Hi! So glad to be back in Westeros with everyone. I can kill people, carve off their faces, and then use magic to pretend to be them. It actually sounds a bit like what our arch-enemy in the North, the Boltons, are into. Usually do it so I can kill someone. I have this kill list, and I’m so good that the list is really short, now. I mean, praying helped, too. I don’t really pray to the old gods or the Seven anymore, just list people that I want dead. It was these guys in Braavos that helped me out a lot and showed me how to do everything. They worship death, but it’s not like they’re a cult or crazy, or anything like that…”

Bran: “Hey, you know that weird dude from our history books that everyone thought was an evil warlock? Bloodraven? Yeah, he’s still alive sorta and I met him! He has this dead guy for a servant, which is pretty cool. We’ve been hangin’ north of the wall in this cave with tons of bones and the CotF. Yeah! They’re real!  Anyhow, he’s a tree now and he’s been showing me how to also be a tree and spy on everyone. Seriously? Be careful about what you do in front a face on a tree. Dude’s totally watching everything and pretty soon I’ll be able to see everything, too! {Sings} Every breath you take and every move you make Every bond you break, every step you take, I'll be watching you...haha, just joking, not really. {Awkward silence}. I have to eat this stuff that looks like it has blood in it to do it though. I've gotten used to it.”

Thanks, Darkstream.

That whole thread about Lyanna has some interesting ideas that never occurred to me! However, I do wonder if Bran or Bloodraven encouraged Lyanna to run off with Rhaegar or have a child that would save humanity, from a more fluid perspective of time, and using weirwood technology. I don't know some of Martin's other works.

2 hours ago, Lollygag said:

I think the Stark reunions will be pretty warm and fuzzy, but the catch-up is going to be pretty awkward because all of their stories sound kind of nuts, even for Westeros.

Sorry for my weird sense of humor. Also, have to make some assumptions on Jon's part.

Jon: “Hey guys. I was murdered by my own NW men, resurrected by some super old fire witch from Essos who hates our gods and wants to burn all of our trees and thinks I’m some sort of messiah named Azor Ahai. She likes to burn people alive, too. Babies, children, she doesn’t care. Sure glad she brought me back, though! I might be dead, too. Jury’s still out on that. Oh, and I’m not really your brother! Yeah, Rhaegar’s and Lyanna’s kid, Prince that was Promised, heir to the Iron Throne, and all that. Also, I’ve spent so much time in Ghost, that well, I’m now having identity issues.” {Scratches ear with foot...}

Sansa: “Hey, great to see you all again. I’ve been hanging with Cersei. Since Mom died, she’s kinda been the closest thing to a mother that I had. Totally nuts, homicidal and turned Gregor Clegane’s corpse into a who-knows-what, but she did the best she could with me. I married her brother, too, you know, the demon monkey? Didn’t really want to but it wasn’t so bad. Everyone says I orchestrated some complicated plot and murdered Joffrey, but I totally swear I didn’t. This guy LF has been really helpful though. He's showing me how to lie really convincingly. He killed Dad, which sucks, but anyway, LF is my new Dad now. We make out sometimes.”

Stoneheart: makes indistinguishable noises by squishing the gash in her throat.

Arya: “Hi! So glad to be back in Westeros with everyone. I can kill people, carve off their faces, and then use magic to pretend to be them. It actually sounds a bit like what our arch-enemy in the North, the Boltons, are into. Usually do it so I can kill someone. I have this kill list, and I’m so good that the list is really short, now. I mean, praying helped, too. I don’t really pray to the old gods or the Seven anymore, just list people that I want dead. It was these guys in Braavos that helped me out a lot and showed me how to do everything. They worship death, but it’s not like they’re a cult or crazy, or anything like that…”

Bran: “Hey, you know that weird dude from our history books that everyone thought was an evil warlock? Bloodraven? Yeah, he’s still alive sorta and I met him! He has this dead guy for a servant, which is pretty cool. We’ve been hangin’ north of the wall in this cave with tons of bones and the CotF. Yeah! They’re real!  Anyhow, he’s a tree now and he’s been showing me how to also be a tree and spy on everyone. Seriously? Be careful about what you do in front a face on a tree. Dude’s totally watching everything and pretty soon I’ll be able to see everything, too! {Sings} Every breath you take and every move you make Every bond you break, every step you take, I'll be watching you...haha, just joking, not really. {Awkward silence}. I have to eat this stuff that looks like it has blood in it to do it though. I've gotten used to it.” 

:lol:

Archived