Your Random ASOIAF/TWOIAF/D&E Opinions, Confessions and Dirty Secrets, TEN-POCALYPSE

JonCon's Red Beard

We've had a high-born POV somewhat immersed into the commoner world since the beginning. First it was Arya, then Brienne. It looks like Brienne will be moving onto something else soon, so who will replace her?

I suspect it may be...Cersei! The walk was foreshadowing.

She'll escape King's Landing from Aegon and/or Euron and have no place to go because she alienated everyone. Kind of a long shot, I know but I think Cersei's contempt for the commoners superimposed over the commoners' worsening plight would be a very complex and interesting read.

ADWD Cersei  II

Bells were ringing, ringing, ringing. "That can't be the queen," a boy said, "she's saggy as my mum." This is my penance, Cersei told herself. I have sinned most grievously, this is my atonement. It will be over soon, it will be behind me, then I can forget.

With her hair shorn, drinking habit, and lack of exercise, she'd blend right in.

I think a lot of people discount Faegon, is because of the many similarities between him and his presumed real life inspiration, Perkin Warbeck. Both had a collection of retainers, traveled the known world, and was so compared to his precedessor, that whatever they did, it never matched up, both were thought to be skilled fighters in military warfare based on whom their father was presumed to be, only Warbeck failed in both his attempts at conquest, fessed up to being an pretender and was ultimately killed for it. The last few still remain to be seen in Faegon's case, but IMO, it seems they're going down the same path.

I really like the Dunk & Egg stories for the insight they offer into the Blackfyre Rebellions. Specifically, The Sworn Sword.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it’s quite possible that Tyrion’s differently coloured eyes & hair is because he started out with a fraternal twin. Then, Tyrion and his twin’s cells mixed into one clump. As a result, one eye, along with various hair-producing regions, is made up entirely of his twin’s DNA. In short, he’s a chimera. 

6 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

My 12 year old son is learning to fight with eskrima sticks, basically wooden swords. He's almost a man grown. We'll have to put live steel in his hand soon. :)

Love it! 

I catch myself swearing by the old gods & the new in normal every day conversation ^_^

44 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

Love it! 

I catch myself swearing by the old gods & the new in normal every day conversation ^_^

I get it. I really do :thumbsup:

I even tried to spread the fun, but alas, not too many in the fandom here like to have fun, I guess :dunno::crying:

On 6 November 2017 at 5:56 PM, Lollygag said:

We've had a high-born POV somewhat immersed into the commoner world since the beginning. First it was Arya, then Brienne. It looks like Brienne will be moving onto something else soon, so who will replace her?

I suspect it may be...Cersei! The walk was foreshadowing.

She'll escape King's Landing from Aegon and/or Euron and have no place to go because she alienated everyone. Kind of a long shot, I know but I think Cersei's contempt for the commoners superimposed over the commoners' worsening plight would be a very complex and interesting read.

ADWD Cersei  II

Bells were ringing, ringing, ringing. "That can't be the queen," a boy said, "she's saggy as my mum." This is my penance, Cersei told herself. I have sinned most grievously, this is my atonement. It will be over soon, it will be behind me, then I can forget.

With her hair shorn, drinking habit, and lack of exercise, she'd blend right in.

I think she'll end up as a septa. No reason except the historical precedent of Elizabeth Woodville. 

On 11/21/2017 at 8:59 PM, Castellan said:

I think she'll end up as a septa. No reason except the historical precedent of Elizabeth Woodville. 

That would be a great read.

There's a pattern in the series where magical abilities, healing abilities, special positions (like KG and NW) and closeness to dieties are linked to infertility, restrictions on children, separation from children, death of children, etc. in a variation of only death can pay for for life. Life here being the enhanced ability to save lives or just having some power over life (or afterlife) and death. Becoming a septa would fit right in with it being prophesied that all of her children would die before her.

Didn't know where else to place this and it's not an opinion, but more of a statement/assumption, and a question as to whether my assumption is correct. So I just got finished with  A Knight Of Seven Kingdoms, and it's clear that Daemon II inherited the dreams/future telling ability through genetics, if I'm not mistaken, all Targaryens/Blackfyres don't have this ability, but that's besides the point. Now it's obvious his dream about Dunk in the kingsguard with his flowing white cloak, was him foreseeing Egg's future as King Aegon V with Dunk as the head of HIS kingsguard, and Daemon II misread that as Dunk joining his attempted rebellion, a victory, and Dunk as a loyal member of his own kingsguard. But he also dreams of a stone dragon egg hatching, which leads him to believe that it was Butterwell's egg, gifted to him by his father, for loyal service to him. We know this egg never hatches, so am I right that the implication is that Daemon II actually dreamed and foresaw the birth of one of Daenaerys dragons, and one of her eggs hatching?

5 hours ago, RhaegoTheUnborn said:

Didn't know where else to place this and it's not an opinion, but more of a statement/assumption, and a question as to whether my assumption is correct. So I just got finished with  A Knight Of Seven Kingdoms, and it's clear that Daemon II inherited the dreams/future telling ability through genetics, if I'm not mistaken, all Targaryens/Blackfyres don't have this ability, but that's besides the point. Now it's obvious his dream about Dunk in the kingsguard with his flowing white cloak, was him foreseeing Egg's future as King Aegon V with Dunk as the head of HIS kingsguard, and Daemon II misread that as Dunk joining his attempted rebellion, a victory, and Dunk as a loyal member of his own kingsguard. But he also dreams of a stone dragon egg hatching, which leads him to believe that it was Butterwell's egg, gifted to him by his father, for loyal service to him. We know this egg never hatches, so am I right that the implication is that Daemon II actually dreamed and foresaw the birth of one of Daenaerys dragons, and one of her eggs hatching?

I don't recall Daemon dreaming about a "stone" dragon's egg hatching. That would be a pretty important clue that could relate to waking the dragon from stone in our tale. Rather, I believe this is the quote...

This pale white castle, you, a dragon bursting from an egg, I dreamed it all, just as I once dreamed of my brothers lying dead. They were twelve and I was only seven, so they laughed at me, and died. I am two-and-twenty now, and I trust my dreams.

I think most of us believe that the dream refers to Egg being revealed at the traitor's tourney to be Prince Aegon Targaryen--dragon bursting from an egg at Whitewalls, a pale white castle. 

6 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

I don't recall Daemon dreaming about a "stone" dragon's egg hatching. That would be a pretty important clue that could relate to waking the dragon from stone in our tale. Rather, I believe this is the quote...

I think most of us believe that the dream refers to Egg being revealed at the traitor's tourney to be Prince Aegon Targaryen--dragon bursting from an egg at Whitewalls, a pale white castle. 

I referred to it as a stone dragon egg personally, you're right thats not the exact quote, but since Daenaerys eggs and the dragon eggs recovered centuries after the last dragons died  are described as looking and I believe, feeling like Stones. And in TMK, toward the end when the egg is missing, I believe it's Dunk who asks to see the egg recovered from supposedly Ser Glendon, believing Peake had something to do with it's disappearance and, he says he'd wager it's just a painted stone. So that dragonegg too may have resembled a stone if that could be the case.

And yeah, I thought about that after I posted remembering that they say that a dragon was born that day, but it wasn't Daemon, it was Egg more than once in that story. At the same time, when Dunk is thinking to himself, it's said how much doodie the realm would be in if a dragon did hatch that day(not a direct quote), which had me thinking that at least Dunk may have been thinking literal, and thought the same of Daemon's dream and self-prophecy.

Archived