A House Reed reunion?

King Behind The Wall

We have all been talking about a possible Lannister reunion, a Stark reunion. But what about a Reed reunion?

Jojen is dead and so far his father has no way to know. He was heir to their house, of course. But that would be the least of their concerns in the present situation. They made it a point to show and mention Howland Reed by name during the ToJ flashback. That was from the fifth episode of last season, i.e. it was relatively recent. So it is safe to assume that he will show up this season. This would also help in revealing the leftover secrets regarding Jon's parentage and ToJ event. He might also reveal why he has remained hidden all this time. It can't be just to hide Jon's parentage. He could have showed up much earlier and still could have kept his mouth shut over these sensitive matters.

Meera's teary-eyed reunion with her father would be a good scene and will help setup the somber tone leading up to the big reveal about Jon. Does this all seem plausible?

I'd love to see Howland Reed or at least be mentioned but don't think show needs him for Jon's parentage. Bran and Sam might be enough. Also, want to believe that Meera is with Bran at all times, so unless Howland goes to Winterfell, don't think Meera will go to Greywater Watch.

19 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

want to believe that Meera is with Bran at all times, so unless Howland goes to Winterfell, don't think Meera will go to Greywater Watch.

I think Bran and Meera will reach Winterfell and there Meera's father will show up. He might do the big reveal to Bran who will in turn eventually inform Jon.

5 hours ago, King Behind The Wall said:

I think Bran and Meera will reach Winterfell and there Meera's father will show up. He might do the big reveal to Bran who will in turn eventually inform Jon.

Bran will know from his visions and we got Sam at the Citadel. While finding out about White Walkers is key but maybe Jon¨s parentage clues will be there too. As nonsense as it sounds. Howland's word aint gonna mean much more than Bran's or some clues.

4 minutes ago, King Behind The Wall said:

Totally. Will be such a disappointment if HR has no involvement in revealing Jon's parentage.

I can understand this of not including him on the show, Bran can handle it with some other source such as Sam. Books will be different.

On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 4:19 PM, Lord Friendzone said:

I'd love to see Howland Reed or at least be mentioned but don't think show needs him for Jon's parentage. Bran and Sam might be enough. Also, want to believe that Meera is with Bran at all times, so unless Howland goes to Winterfell, don't think Meera will go to Greywater Watch.

Yeah, if only Meera doesn't leave BRan.

Butif she left then I'd love to see her meeting her father and then both returning to Winterfell.

33 minutes ago, Byfort of Corfe said:

According to the wiki entry on him GRRM has said that he will appear in the books.  Now whether that's in a ToJ flashback as happened in the series is anybody's guess. 

I think the show introduced Howland Reed for a reason. They even made it clear that he was Meera's father. I think he'll appear eventually, even if it's in the finale season.

12 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yeah, if only Meera doesn't leave BRan.

Butif she left then I'd love to see her meeting her father and then both returning to Winterfell.

I think the show introduced Howland Reed for a reason. They even made it clear that he was Meera's father. I think he'll appear eventually, even if it's at the ending.

Easier is to have Meera be with Bran as she swore to protect him. Howland to come to Winterfell but given it is D&D they might simply omit him.

6 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I think the show introduced Howland Reed for a reason. They even made it clear that he was Meera's father. I think he'll appear eventually, even if it's in the finale season.

I think so too.  There are things that he can tell Jon that Bran doesn't know, things like why his Father kept the secret.  After all Lyanna tells Ned "he'll kill him" and we assume that it's Robert but it might not be.  After all R+L=J means that Jon is Ned's nephew.  But anyway we sort of have this idea that Bran has all this stuff to tell Jon meanwhile I think that Bran is going to be pretty busy dealing with the coming war.

21 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Easier is to have Meera be with Bran as she swore to protect him. Howland to come to Winterfell but given it is D&D they might simply omit him.

Yes, I'd prefer it this way too. I hope tehy don't omit him, because he was introduced, but could be. I hope not.

21 minutes ago, Byfort of Corfe said:

I think so too.  There are things that he can tell Jon that Bran doesn't know, things like why his Father kept the secret.  After all Lyanna tells Ned "he'll kill him" and we assume that it's Robert but it might not be.  After all R+L=J means that Jon is Ned's nephew.  But anyway we sort of have this idea that Bran has all this stuff to tell Jon meanwhile I think that Bran is going to be pretty busy dealing with the coming war.

Yep. If Howland has been hidden all this time in the books (and we know he will appear) then there must be something we don't know to be told. Bran will have to deal with other things thanks to his powers to prevent the humanity to be destroyed.

35 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yes, I'd prefer it this way too. I hope tehy don't omit him, because he was introduced, but could be. I hope not.

Yep. If Howland has been hidden all this time in the books (and we know he will appear) then there must be something we don't know to be told. Bran will have to deal with other things thanks to his powers to prevent the humanity to be destroyed.

They certainly made a point of him being at Tower of Joy, being named along with Ser Arthur Dayne, saved Ned and survived it.

Given leaks, I don't have much of hope and also D&D tendencies of merging characters from the books and the show, or giving already established characters arcs or parts from certain characters in the books. Gendry/Edric, Sansa/Alys/Jeyne etc. If Howland's only purpose is to tell about Jon's parentage, I can see him not being introduced in current time given what they already did, but logic tells me- he should be included,

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 8:57 PM, Meera of Tarth said:

Jon's life with the Starks was not the happiest.  There had to be a reason that Ned allowed that to happen.  I've always felt that Jon's story is very much like King Arthur's.  In many of the legends Sir Hector says that when Merlin appeared with this baby and asked him to looks after it that Arthur was some noblemen's bastard.  Ned trusts Catelyn with so much but he can't trust her with all of Jon's secrets and Jon and I guess Ned wind up suffering for it.  I feel that there has to be more there than just the secret that he was Rhaegar and Lyanna's son.  I think that this may also be part of the reason that Ned has been away from Court for so long, after all he did so much to put Robert on the Throne and he and Robert were practically raised as brothers.

On 3/23/2017 at 10:19 AM, Lord Friendzone said:

Agreed. I felt the mention of Howland in the show was mainly a nod to Meera's character, showing there's a family connection.

Archived