King without Cock

Greyjoys are always creating problem for Westeros. But if they became protector of the Realm things could change. Let's imagine that Jon Snow becomes king in the North and Aegon and Daenerys meet with their "bitter ending". And THEON GREYJOY becomes king of Westeros. It will be like Norman invasion of England.

It would be nothing like the Norman Invasion and it would be something incredibly random and incredibly pointless. The Vikings had at least the intelligence to become sessile and farm their lands with the wealth they accured. The Ironborn are too stupid for even that, as history shows. 

Plus Theon doesn't possess very good leadership qualities.

You don't even explain how this is supposed to go down. Does Theon just sit on down on the Throne say "it's my spot" and everybody shrugs and goes "okay"? 

9 hours ago, Brandon Baratheon said:

Greyjoys are always creating problem for Westeros. But if they became protector of the Realm things could change. Let's imagine that Jon Snow becomes king in the North and Aegon and Daenerys meet with their "bitter ending". And THEON GREYJOY becomes king of Westeros. It will be like Norman invasion of England.

This could only come about if Euron is able to control a dragon, establish himself as the new king long enough to obtain some measure of legitimacy among the populace, and Dany, Aegon and anyone else who has a claim is dead. Then Euron would have to die and the ironmen would be dominant enough on the mainland to force the noble houses to accept Theon.

But I also see Theon in Dance and the sample chapters of Winds as much more perceptive and savvy than the self-absorbed kid from Thrones and Clash. He's been through an incredible ego-destroying trial and he's clawed his way back to some semblance of sanity, and now he's able to ascertain political nuances and balances of power to a pretty good degree.

So strange as it may be, and rather unlikely, I think Theon would make a pretty good king.

Archived