I challenge you to justify supporting the Others winning

Canon Claude

18 hours ago, Canon Claude said:

Ultimate case of Devil's advocate. Defend the Others. Give good reasons why we should be rooting for them.

If they are fleeing from the terror that Bran saw in his coma dream, then the Others are no different from any other race that has been forced to flee its homeland. You have to fight and kill to establish a new home.

And I'll point out that we have yet to see an Other actually raising a wight or controlling them in any way. In fact, we haven't even seen an Other and a wight in the same place at the same time. All we have is one Other riding a dead horse that seems to behave no differently than a living horse -- no mad desire to kill the living, no blue eyes... -- so it isn't even clear if anyone living or dead couldn't have ridden it as well.

21 hours ago, Canon Claude said:

Ultimate case of Devil's advocate. Defend the Others. Give good reasons why we should be rooting for them.

That would depend on their goal and who they are.  If the north used to belong to them and the First Men took it.  I would be fine if they only want the north back and sacrificing just the north to have peace with them.  Another wall can be built between the The Twins and Moat Cailin.  Everything on the south belong to the Six Kingdoms of Westeros under Targaryen rule and north belong to the white walkers.

On 23.3.2017 at 9:37 PM, Coolbeard the Exile said:

The Others arent doing the same thing as the humans. The Others seem to all be cruel creatures who laugh as they kill Waymar and they summon zombies and kill everyone. They don't build or do something productive they seem to be a weapon wielded by the children of the forrest. 

It is well known that the smallfolk dont like to war and that it is power hungry lords who are the cause of it and hopefully the humans of westeros will advance as we on earth have.

It is beyond me that you take the side of the Others though especially when we have so many good characters.

Again why do you read the book lol?

Playing devil's advocate here: 

1. You can't judge every Other by the dozen or so who laughed as they killed Waymar Royce just as you can't judge every human by what the Brave Companions are doing.

2. Do something productive by human standards. You don't know what the Others are doing in the icy wastelands of the North and what is productive to them. 

3. They do use corpses as their soldiers, but lords you could say use living people. Though of course we don't know much about the animated corpses and how they are made.

4.  The Others may not even have war among each other, and we don't even know how and why they invade the south. Maybe the humans broke their contract, maybe they are migrating to survive, maybe they just want to expand their lands like the First Men did when they originally invaded Westeros. 

3 minutes ago, John Doe said:

Playing devil's advocate here: 

1. You can't judge every Other by the dozen or so who laughed as they killed Waymar Royce just as you can't judge every human by what the Brave Companions are doing.

2. Do something productive by human standards. You don't know what the Others are doing in the icy wastelands of the North and what is productive to them. 

3. They do use corpses in their wars, but lords you could say use living people as their soldiers. 

4.  The Others may not even have war among each other, and we don't even know how and why they invade the south. Maybe the humans broke their contract, maybe they are migrating to survive, maybe they just want to expand their lands like the First Men did when they originally invaded Westeros. 

1. Do you really think that there are diffrent factions of others? They probably are individuals with their own personalities but it seems pretty safe to say that they have the common goal being the destruction of the humans. 

2. I don't think they are living in nice towns taking care of their families, working for equality, championing women rights and fighting against poverty etc... However since the humans in asoiaf are the same as the humans in our world it seems inevitable that things will progres and end up the same way as modern society on earth. I assume since you are human that the modern society on earth is what you consider good so that is why i think you should support the humans.

3. Man it's a diffrence between using zombies and humans as soldiers. Zombies is some dark shit i don't care what culture they have or whatever.

4. We don't know but we can make good gueses.

Archived