Prevalence of Valyrian heritage?

Sigella

8 hours ago, Sigella said:

Well, I too get con-man-vibes off Daario, but I dont think he is actually someone else in a way that matters.  I'm more in the view that he might be a lowborn tyroshi male named Pate, than that he is a secret Targ or Blackfyre.

Possible but he speaks and acts like a highborn. Either way, he's definitely hiding something.

On 2017-03-28 at 5:18 AM, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Done so above, but I wanted to mention that you forgot the Tyroshi contingent in your opening post. Tyrosh should be in there somewhere between Volantis and Lys.

I know I should but I'm actually too unsure to dare venture a guess...

Especially given that we dont have any valyrian-average-slave-estimate. I still think they would be quite rare outside of Lys, but that theory got two thumbs down and no assent. Since slaves so outnumber the freemen it makes any estimate tricky :)

4 hours ago, Sigella said:

I know I should but I'm actually too unsure to dare venture a guess...

Especially given that we dont have any valyrian-average-slave-estimate. I still think they would be quite rare outside of Lys, but that theory got two thumbs down and no assent. Since slaves so outnumber the freemen it makes any estimate tricky :)

True. And even among the slaves there would be some with Valyrian coloring (a minority of course). Hard to get good numbers when we can only estimate.

13 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

True. And even among the slaves there would be some with Valyrian coloring (a minority of course). Hard to get good numbers when we can only estimate.

But if we say the valyrian-slave proportion in Tyrosh is the same as the valyrian-essosi average (1 valyrian for 250 000 essosi) with 3/4 total population being slaves, and if we should say that the free 25 % consists of 50 % valyrians we get: 1 valyrian for every 8 tyroshi.

What do you think? :D

1 hour ago, Sigella said:

But if we say the valyrian-slave proportion in Tyrosh is the same as the valyrian-essosi average (1 valyrian for 250 000 essosi) with 3/4 total population being slaves, and if we should say that the free 25 % consists of 50 % valyrians we get: 1 valyrian for every 8 tyroshi.

What do you think? :D

I think the proportion of Valyrian non-slaves would be higher than 50% of the 25%, probably 75% of the 25%. I can't do math this morning. What would that make the ratio?

42 minutes ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

I think the proportion of Valyrian non-slaves would be higher than 50% of the 25%, probably 75% of the 25%. I can't do math this morning. What would that make the ratio?

If 75 % we get 3 valyrians for 16 tyroshi, I believe.

Archived