Most intriguing place to you outside of Westeros

Grover Bluejoy

What place/city/region not in Westeros would you say is the most interesting to you? While on my re-read of the World Book, The Summer Islands really caught my attention this time around. Aside from their culture, how they are all about free love, learning, and exploration (and of course the giant trees) what most intrigued me, was the mention of their claim of having mapped the west coast of Sothoryos to the "bottom of the earth", and the discovery of land beyond the Sunset Sea. It's later mentioned how they guard these maps with the utmost secrecy, so it could all be chalked up to myth and legend; a rumor started by the Islanders themselves even. However, with their skill in ship building, it very well could be possible. I don't think it will ever be confirmed one way or another, that it just adds to the mystery of Planetos, but still...

How about the rest of you? Where in the known world outside of Westeros would you want to explore the most or live?

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum. Feel free to delete, lock or move it if need be. :)

Old Valyria is an interesting place. Is it really demon infested or is it just sailor's tales? Is it cursed? Is there any clue what really happened during the doom? Do dragons still live there?

Then there are the Five forts, the Wall of the East. I am curious to know what made people build that huge walls in the east.

And whatever land the sea wargs Farwynds saw in the west. 

Actually a lot of places intrigue me and almost all are outside Westeros.

1 hour ago, Whitering said:

Asshai and the local environs. The World Book was a huge slap in the face for me lol

Yup. So much land we've never seen. I mean, in addition to Asshai and those easterly areas, there's a whole other continent in the south that sounds like it would be an f-ing crazy place.

I'm intrigued by the city of Lorath in the north of Essos for no reason other than everyone there talks like Jaqen H'ghar. 

I'm also intrigued by whatever lands and people exist on the the western shore of the Sunset Sea.  We know very little at this point.

Slaver's Bay. I'm one of the 8 people worldwide who actually like the slaver cities and their weird culture. I love stuff that deals with slavery and slaver societies. Pyramids and harpies and tokars -- they have great aesthetic. I'd never LIVE there, but I like 'em. 

Asshai is also super interesting. But if I had to pick a place to live, I'd probably say Lys.

Good answers all.

I'd add Braavos to my list because of their culture and the environment, to not only visit, but also a place to live.

Lorath would also be cool, because of their ancient history and to see the ancient mazes.

A lot of places in the east, like Yi Ti, Moraq or Qaarth, and in the north places like Ib or Mossovy, would be awesome cities to explore and to do archeology like work and studies.

Asshai...I don't know ya'll, lol. That seems like the type of place you could only visit with a local guide or else some shadow binder would run up on you in a dark alley and snatch the essence out of your body and start making shadow babies of your spawn all willy nilly.

1 hour ago, Grover Bluejoy said:

Asshai...I don't know ya'll, lol. That seems like the type of place you could only visit with a local guide or else some shadow binder would run up on you in a dark alley and snatch the essence out of your body and start making shadow babies of your spawn all willy nilly.

Well, if it's anything like how Melisandre snatches the.. "essence" out of Stannis to make her shadow babies, it sounds like a fun time at the dark alley.

30 minutes ago, Renly's Banana said:

Well, if it's anything like how Melisandre snatches the.. "essence" out of Stannis to make her shadow babies, it sounds like a fun time at the dark alley.

Ha! Fair enough, but she has to keep that charm on the whole time though.

Archived