YoungGriffIsAegonBlackfyre

Anyone else not interested in Jon's chapters?

7 posts in this topic

It's not that they're written badly, they aren't. They just aren't as good as the others. 

Do you mean in the series as a whole, or just CoK specifically? Did you enjoy Jon's chapters in GoT?

I personally enjoyed Jon's chapters. I found that I came to enjoy them more later in the series, but they were adequate at the outset. Bran's chapters, however, were the least interesting IMO. From the outset, I just had to will myself not to skip them, and on my first read through, I often did :P 

Jon's chapters are okay but they make me feel cold reading them.

Yeah in ACOK and most of ASOS, Jon's chapters are really boring, well written but boring. It will be better in ADWD though I will tell you that. And yes Jon's chapters are extremely boring in ACOK and ASOS their are a lot of other chapters that are really interesting in these books like, Sansa, Arya, Tyrion, Dany IV (other than that zzzzzzzzzz for Dany chapters), and Jaime/ Briene chapters are all really interesting.

I LOVE Jon chapters that take place with the Wildlings!  I can't believe that so many people aren't enjoying his chapters as well!  I love ACoK, as a whole... lots of awesome material to theorize about, like how the package with the dragonglass items in it(Benjen?), and also, the little old woman, who called Arya out as creepy (Jenny of Olstones?)...plus much more than I can say right now... I just especially like Jon and Arya POVs