Suitable Marriages for Prince Viserys and Princess Daenerys

Shi Qiang

1 hour ago, The Doctor's Consort said:

Oh that is the prophecy Rhaegar was obsessed with? I had no idea. What does this prophecy talks about?

Hope you're being cynical or sarcastic here, but still answering....

Basically the pivotal prophecy in the entire book series... It caused RR, brought forth Jon Snow and all that's coming with it.

1 minute ago, Ser Walter of AShwood said:

We don't know if that was the prophecy or if it was just a part of a prophecy. From all we know if was just a part or a word of the Prince that was Promised or the 3headed dragon prophecy. 

6 minutes ago, The Doctor's Consort said:

We don't know if that was the prophecy or if it was just a part of a prophecy. From all we know if was just a part or a word of the Prince that was Promised or the 3headed dragon prophecy. 

Ah, so not cynical nor sarcastic, but nitpicking.
I like it B) :D.

Ok, I do agree with you that Ice And Fire isn't the entire prophecy. However, Rhaegar is clearly obsessed with prophecy. The Song of ice and Fire, TPTWP, the 3 headed dragon, they are all connected and probably part of the same overshadowing prophecy. He thought he was TPTWP, and studied hard to make sure he had the knowledge to act should the time arise. However, during his studies, he discovered he wasn;t the fulfilment of the prophecy and did everything he could to make sure the prophecy could be fulfilled.

I would say that matches obsessed with prophecy.

12 minutes ago, Ser Walter of AShwood said:

Ah, so not cynical nor sarcastic, but nitpicking.
I like it B) :D.

Ok, I do agree with you that Ice And Fire isn't the entire prophecy. However, Rhaegar is clearly obsessed with prophecy. The Song of ice and Fire, TPTWP, the 3 headed dragon, they are all connected and probably part of the same overshadowing prophecy. He thought he was TPTWP, and studied hard to make sure he had the knowledge to act should the time arise. However, during his studies, he discovered he wasn;t the fulfilment of the prophecy and did everything he could to make sure the prophecy could be fulfilled.

I would say that matches obsessed with prophecy.

Continuing nitpicking, if he thought that he needed a marriage of Ice and Fire it doesn't mean that a marriage between any members of this family would be the perfect one. A second cousin named Stark and a second cousin named Targ were not going to be the key. That is why Jon is the son(g) of Ice and Fire; Lyanna was 100% Ice, both Rickard and Lyarra were Starks. Just like how Rhaegar is Fire, both of his parents were Targaryen.

Robb wasn’t Ice, he had a Tully mother.           

I agree with what you said tho.

4 minutes ago, The Doctor's Consort said:

That is why Jon is the son(g) of Ice and Fire; Lyanna was 100% Ice, both Rickard and Lyarra were Stars. Just like how Rhaegar is Fire, both of his parents were Targaryen.

Let's continue nitpicking shall we?
That is only the case if you check their parents, not their (great)grandparents.
Lyarra's mother was Arya Flint.
Rickards mother was Marna Locke.

Rhaegars greatgrandmother was Betha Blackwood, but all others were Targs.

4 minutes ago, Ser Walter of AShwood said:

Let's continue nitpicking shall we?
That is only the case if you check their parents, not their (great)grandparents.
Lyarra's mother was Arya Flint.
Rickards mother was Marna Locke.

Rhaegars greatgrandmother was Betha Blackwood, but all others were Targs.

You are right, if we see all of the ancestors the Targs had stopped to be Fire, or pure blood, since at least since the time of Daemion Targaryen maybe even before that, the time of his father.

So it's not just Lyanna who isn't Ice but Rhaegar wasn't Fire either.

In all honestly I would find some mid-leval House, like Royce, Marbrand or Fossoway to marry Viserys and Daenerys into, if they can't marry each other. No sense in giving potential claimants to the throne links to Great Houses if it can be avoided. In fact the only one who should, if all things goes well, marry into a Great House should be Rhaegar's heir Aegon.

Archived