LGBTQ+ 5 -- Now With More Gender Outlaws

Xray the Enforcer

If only the people who participate and attend soccer matches were also the deciders on who our elected officials are.  Because right alongside that you have Texas going balls to the wall anti-LGBTQ in the foster and adoption world and several other state following suit.  Texas also has a bathroom bill coming up, with several other states jumping in again.  Meanwhile DeVos can't seem to decide whether or not discriminating against LGBT youth is ok.  It's something new literally every single day so, sorry but rainbow soccer shirts mean jack shit unless it comes with a side of impeached white house and flipped congress and all the GOP state governments just disappearing.

On 5/23/2017 at 1:31 AM, Weeping Sore said:

Is this the right time for me to note my increased attraction to ladies with a soft-butch look? Like Kate McKinnon as Justin Bieber? :lol:

That makes you, me and 99% of queer women on the planet I think 

On 5/26/2017 at 4:04 PM, Tywin et al. said:

A small sign that the country is moving in the right direction:

Another small sign of the direction the country is moving in.

Destenay is the husband of Luxembourg’s prime minister, Xavier Bettel, and he’s clearly standing just over first lady Melania Trump’s shoulder. Still, he wasn’t initially identified in the caption. Meanwhile, every other person standing with the first lady is named in the caption — all eight of them. Destenay's name was finally added to the caption about nine hours after it was posted.

It only took nine hours so I guess that's all cool...

On Invalid Date at 10:29 AM, karaddin said:

Brook also forgot to add that you should watch 'Below Her Mouth'. It's not the most original plot ever, but it does what it does well.

Looks...inspiring. I'll restrain myself from saying anything that might be construed as objectifying on this thread... 

14 hours ago, karaddin said:

Oh they are most definitely both subjects in the film, at least that was my read of it.

I'm sure the actresses are making empowered decisions. Not sure it's their agency I'll be admiring when I watch the movie, but...anyway, recommendation accepted thankfully.;)

so i sort of posted my first status directly saying ''im part of the lgbtq+'' on fb lmao. i mean im not ashamed of it at all it's just that a lot of people, my parents included, and sister, just don't know but it needed to be put out there at some point anyway i mean...i think it's obvious to most people that know me by now that i am not a straight woman lol

4 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

so i sort of posted my first status directly saying ''im part of the lgbtq+'' on fb lmao. i mean im not ashamed of it at all it's just that a lot of people, my parents included, and sister, just don't know but it needed to be put out there at some point anyway i mean...i think it's obvious to most people that know me by now that i am not a straight woman lol

That's scary and brave and I'm wishing you all the best!

42 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I am just now more "out" at work and online and I am still scared.

IN THE NEWS:

My beloved friend of 20+ years who runs a one woman animal rescue and has "fostered" young women and young queers for her whole life is the well deserved Grand Marshall of Pride this year.  I cried.

When I met her, I was a small town 19 year old jagged cynical rube.  She taught me things like "How to Eat at a Restaurant like a Grown Up" even when we were just having a burger.  Conversation and leisure are what she taught.  She drilled charm (manners) and grace (more manners) into the heads of SO MANY young fools.  She also provided an unlimited amount of tear covered shoulders and ICE PACKS for the blackened eyes and broken hearts of baby dykes.  I am so proud to call her friend.  Well earned!

11 minutes ago, Robin Of House Hill said:

I hope all goes well.

Me too, girl.  As a general rule, It's too hot here for protests with the exception of decadence.  That's when the poor martyred Christian men "take one for the team" to look at nekkid men dancing. :P

(They are not fooling anyone)

On 06/06/2017 at 2:18 AM, Lily Valley said:

Kara and brook,

In all of our late night chats, you have NEVER mentioned this magnificent drama to me.   I am absolutely, completely and utterly cross.

That is all.

-LV

We apologise for this most egregious oversight and promise it won't happen again.

:grouphug: Theda - I think the way you did that was very nicely done.

*hugs* Theda. It's a big deal, you did well xxx

Lily I add my apologies, I'd suggest making it up to you by promising to watch it with you one day if it wouldn't look like I'm just hitting on you again (p.s. I am of course)

20 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

so i sort of posted my first status directly saying ''im part of the lgbtq+'' on fb lmao. 

It's totally normal to feel that it's a Big Deal the first time you clearly state to a group of people that you're LGBTQ+. I mean, I had tons of supportive friends and family, and yet that first time I stood up in front of a crowd at the LGBTQ+ student group I was shaking. Oh, those were the days. :)

52 minutes ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

It's totally normal to feel that it's a Big Deal the first time you clearly state to a group of people that you're LGBTQ+. I mean, I had tons of supportive friends and family, and yet that first time I stood up in front of a crowd at the LGBTQ+ student group I was shaking. Oh, those were the days. :)

9 hours ago, brook said:

*hugs* Theda. It's a big deal, you did well xxx

9 hours ago, karaddin said:

:grouphug: Theda - I think the way you did that was very nicely done.

21 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

That's scary and brave and I'm wishing you all the best!

Thanks all; I did it kinda sneaky at the end of a big post like WELL I LOVE BEING PART OF THE LGBTQ+ COMMUNITY lol so it doesn't really feel like i'm being brave or anything but i did Feel Significant :D:D

:grouphug: 

You got it out there once, and you made it seem like a normal thing you assume everyone already knew. That's a great way to do it and next time will feel easier.

Tories likely to be propped up by the DUP who hold some views like Ian Paisley Junior in 2007 proclaimed “I am pretty repulsed by gay and lesbianism [sic]. I think it is wrong”, a statement he 'justified' by saying that he "didn’t hate the people, just what they did."  Great that's never a prelude to repression and a green light for abuse for us in the LGBTQIA+.  Right on cue Ian Paisley Jr and the DUP recently attempted to add a ‘conscience clause’ to equality legislation in the Northern Irish assembly which would allow businesses to refuse to serve LGBT people.

So there's the likely prop to a Tory Westminster government, the DUP saying what the Tories used to say openly 20-30 years ago.

Archived