LGBTQ+ 5 -- Now With More Gender Outlaws

Xray the Enforcer

Yeah there are definitely times I think I could go for that makeup haha. Also the 21 drinking age thing always hits a discordant note, I'm all "but at 19 you don't need to bluff your way i...oh right".

Want to talk through the feelings? In what ways are you eager/positive? What are you not so sure about/apprehensive? Are you keen to see how you feel about the look but concerned about the physical sensation/pressure (for example)?

No need to answer at all if there is no desire to, just trying to see if I can help with working it through <3 You may not have any explanation for any of it and that's fine too.

:love::love: I love you all.

I think to pinpoint some of the unsettledness -- I keep asking myself "what's the point?" So much of the narrative around gender dysphoria is about transition -- and that's great! I am not criticizing anyone who decides to transition whatsoever. But I do not think I will ever transition, because "female" is part of who I am...it's just not ALL of who I am. So it just feels weird to decide "well, now it's time to wear a really uncomfortable article of clothing to dispel my increasing alienation from my boobs" and have that be the end-point, rather than a beginning. 

There were a couple of essays that covered femme nonbinary/femme MTF individuals (I need to dig those up again), and while those essays did absolutely nothing for me in a solution sense, it felt validating to know that others acknowledge the struggles of AFAB femme people who strongly affiliate with being male, at least some of the time. 

Note: while I'm struggling to articulate myself, I will probably say something badly. If I do, and you're hurt by it, please let me know so I can apologize/correct myself. It is not malicious, but I also recognize that intent (or the lack thereof) does not erase an injury. 

16 hours ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

:love::love: I love you all.

I think to pinpoint some of the unsettledness -- I keep asking myself "what's the point?" So much of the narrative around gender dysphoria is about transition -- and that's great! I am not criticizing anyone who decides to transition whatsoever. But I do not think I will ever transition, because "female" is part of who I am...it's just not ALL of who I am. So it just feels weird to decide "well, now it's time to wear a really uncomfortable article of clothing to dispel my increasing alienation from my boobs" and have that be the end-point, rather than a beginning. 

There were a couple of essays that covered femme nonbinary/femme MTF individuals (I need to dig those up again), and while those essays did absolutely nothing for me in a solution sense, it felt validating to know that others acknowledge the struggles of AFAB femme people who strongly affiliate with being male, at least some of the time. 

Note: while I'm struggling to articulate myself, I will probably say something badly. If I do, and you're hurt by it, please let me know so I can apologize/correct myself. It is not malicious, but I also recognize that intent (or the lack thereof) does not erase an injury. 

The point is that you like the result a little bit more than your (let's say) 'vanilla' appearance. You'll know pretty quickly if any discomfort is acceptable in exchange for feeling better. If it is you'll get used to it and maybe take a bit of a defiant satisfaction that you are in some way mastering your own body.

I'm popping in here just to say I'm wishing everyone the best.

The moldy orange tribblehead is not going to get away with this. You have allies...you have friends...standing with you. You don't need us, you are strong enough for this fight on your own, even today you are stronger now than at any other time in history. But you will not be on your own in any case, we are here to fight with you.

:grouphug::grouphug:

:grouphug:                        :grouphug: 

:grouphug:                                  :grouphug:                         

I'm on the more pessimistic side of things when it comes to this administration and the future of american democracy, but for some reason I was brushing aside @Robin Of House Hill's fears when she suggested that outing one's self right now would be dangerous.  She was right.  This shit is going to get really really really fucking bad.  

If I hear one more cis-gendered dude (it's always dudes) fuckhead bleat "waaaaaah this is just a distraction! Think of the important issues!!" I am going to feed them my goddamned fist. Because last time I checked, human rights are a pretty big deal, especially to those who rights are being stripped. It is possible to take action on healthcare AND be enraged when the President throws trans* people under the bus.

Archived