Who will kill Jaime Lannister

For some reason, I've always enjoyed the idea of Dany and Jaime having a long talk and becoming good buddies, and him then serving her and her heirs faithfully until he's as old as Barristan.

It will never happen, but how delightful is the image of them working together, and other people being just...so perplexed.

1 hour ago, velo-knight said:

For some reason, I've always enjoyed the idea of Dany and Jaime having a long talk and becoming good buddies, and him then serving her and her heirs faithfully until he's as old as Barristan.

It will never happen, but how delightful is the image of them working together, and other people being just...so perplexed.

They have quite a bit in common - passion, for example. Dany has seen the vision of "Aerys saying let hime be King over ...." to Jaime, so if he ever told her his story that would be a bit of supporting evidence. But I can't see the plot line going this way now. I used to think Jaime might bring Lannister forces to join Dany when she arrives with Tyrion,

There are many plausible trajectories but only one will happen...

Personally I'd like to see Jaime growing old in anonymity on Tarth, but that won't happen either!

2 minutes ago, Castellan said:

They have quite a bit in common - passion, for example. Dany has seen the vision of "Aerys saying let hime be King over ...." to Jaime, so if he ever told her his story that would be a bit of supporting evidence. But I can't see the plot line going this way now. I used to think Jaime might bring Lannister forces to join Dany when she arrives with Tyrion,

There are many plausible trajectories but only one will happen...

Personally I'd like to see Jaime growing old in anonymity on Tarth, but that won't happen either!

I may secretly....ship is the wrong word, but platonically ship them as, like, catty friends who enjoy messing with people by creating a weird tension? "Ah, yes, the Lord of Soandso Hall is here, send him hin. Yes, Lord Whatsyourface, I will hear your petition. Oh, this is Lord Commander Jaime Lannister. He killed my father".

Jaime's story is in some ways very much like that of Tyr (beautiful swordsman, part of the royal family, loses his hand to a wolf). If his story continues to follow that of Tyr, Jaime will die in a final, climactic battle fighting one of the most terrible monsters the enemy has to offer. 

That said, I agree with the camp thinking that he'll kill Cersei, likely right before or right after she unleashes wildfire on King's Landing. If it is after, I also agree he'll probably let himself die in the conflagration.

14 minutes ago, Canon Claude said:

Tyrion. It would be great to see Tyrion prove his paranoid sister right and kill her, because that's her worst fear. And it would also be great to fulfill his promise to Jaime and pay his debt like a true Lannister.

I agree.

Tyrion coming back at the head of Daenerys' army to take vengeance on his family and usurp Casterly Rock for his own is what I hope happens. Tyrion's taking enough crap from them, it's high time he lives up to his family's unofficial motto.

Based on his progression from probably a villain to something greyer, to maybe a reformed, likable man, I hope he survives as long as possible. Maybe he meets and makes amends with Dany (although, honestly I think she would kill him), or maybe truly embraces the purity of being Lord Commander of the King's Guard and submits himself to a life of duty regardless of who's in charge.

Then again, he could easily be killed by the actions of Brienne and Lady Stoneheart. I'll never again be surprised by a death in this tale.

5 hours ago, James Steller said:

I agree.

Tyrion coming back at the head of Daenerys' army to take vengeance on his family and usurp Casterly Rock for his own is what I hope happens. Tyrion's taking enough crap from them, it's high time he lives up to his family's unofficial motto.

Jaime will gladly give Tyrion Casterly Rock,only reason Tyrion and Jaime hate each other a bit right now is because both thinks that they were  deceived by each other .I'm sure a talk over lunch is all they need to get cosy again.

Archived