Did Rickon Stark try to make alliance with Tywin?

18 minutes ago, Brandon Baratheon said:

Rickon Stark has three sons. After Rhaegar got married Rickon could offer Ned to Tywin. I don't understand why he didn't.

If I recall correctly, Rickard Stark was forming an alliance to counterbalance Aerys.  Tywin was Aerys's Hand and therefore close to him.  Probably too close for comfort.  Tywin was also probably aiming higher for Cersei, and I don't think he had any other girls the right age available.

As for why Rickon Stark didn't offer an alliance, his being 4 years old probably had something to do with it.  That and his dad's execution by Tywin's grandson, who he was supporting.

1 minute ago, Nevets said:

If I recall correctly, Rickard Stark was forming an alliance to counterbalance Aerys.  Tywin was Aerys's Hand and therefore close to him.  Probably too close for comfort.  Tywin was also probably aiming higher for Cersei, and I don't think he had any other girls the right age available.

After Rhaegar's marriage there is chance. Did Rickard know that Tywin wants to marry Cersei with Viserys?

40 minutes ago, Blue Tiger said:

What I don't understand is the wave of spam threads you unleash on the forum. All those things csn be just as well didcussed in Small Questions thread. And maybe read Wiki of Ice and Fire before starting a thread... 'Rickon Stark'

My penny/groat worth lackadaisical comment is --- it is spring break somewhere OR the board owners because the threads are moving so slow brought in someone to kick up the traffic.

1 hour ago, Nevets said:

If I recall correctly, Rickard Stark was forming an alliance to counterbalance Aerys.

I don't think that you do. There is nowhere said that Rickard was conspiring against Aerys.

After Rhaegar's marriage there is chance. Did Rickard know that Tywin wants to marry Cersei with Viserys?

What would Tywin gain from that? A second son for the most beautiful woman in Westeros who has the most powerful man in Westeros as her father?

26 minutes ago, Renly's Banana said:

Sorry but I started giggling like an idiot reading that title. I know people in this fandom have their crazy conspiracy theories but that would have been a step too far. 

I've seen worse. You can argue anything through selective quotation.

8 hours ago, Blue Tiger said:

What I don't understand is the wave of spam threads you unleash on the forum. All those things csn be just as well didcussed in Small Questions thread. And maybe read Wiki of Ice and Fire before starting a thread... 'Rickon Stark'

Yeah, always seems like there's someone doing this. I really wish there were limitations on posting new topics, especially by new accounts.

13 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

I don't think that you do. There is nowhere said that Rickard was conspiring against Aerys.

What would Tywin gain from that? A second son for the most beautiful woman in Westeros who has the most powerful man in Westeros as her father?

I understand Tywin's position (without your answers). I am wondering Rickard could propose it or not.

There might be something here.  IIRC Jaime remembers being sent to Riverrun on an errand by Sumner Crakehalł when he was a squire.  Supposedly, it was too important for a raven.  So Jaime had to wait while Hoster deliberated.  I want to say that Hoster deliberated for a fortnight, but it might have been longer or shorter.

Jaime also recalls being seated next to Lysa every night.  Even though the young Lysa was apparently attractive, the young Jaime was more interested in the Blackfish's stories of war and glory.

I doubt that even Sumner Crakehall would have sent Jaime from his side without, at least, informing Tywin.

So what it comes down to, for me, is that there was an attempt to bring Tywin into the alliance, but it wasn't Rickard Stark who was the prime mover, but Hoster Tully.

1 hour ago, PrinceHenryris said:

There might be something here.  IIRC Jaime remembers being sent to Riverrun on an errand by Sumner Crakehalł when he was a squire.  Supposedly, it was too important for a raven.  So Jaime had to wait while Hoster deliberated.  I want to say that Hoster deliberated for a fortnight, but it might have been longer or shorter.

Jaime also recalls being seated next to Lysa every night.  Even though the young Lysa was apparently attractive, the young Jaime was more interested in the Blackfish's stories of war and glory.

I doubt that even Sumner Crakehall would have sent Jaime from his side without, at least, informing Tywin.

So what it comes down to, for me, is that there was an attempt to bring Tywin into the alliance, but it wasn't Rickard Stark who was the prime mover, but Hoster Tully.

It was Hoster and Tywin both. Jaime recalls the visit to Riverrun, saying he stayed for a fortnight and that Hoster took care to seat him next to Lysa at every meal. Cersei would later tell him that Hoster had journeyed to King's Landing to discuss the dower with Tywin, it was at this time she also said that Tywin was waiting for Viserys to mature or for Elia to die in childbirth, so that Cersei would have a royal match.

Archived