Meera of Tarth

Sign in using Google Chrome

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello,

Since Friday, everytime I try to sign in using Chrome this message appears:

16:18GMT: Our apologies for the shut down of the forum for the time being. Unfortunataely, the website's suffering some severe issues that we've temporarily resolved by closing the forum. We hope to get matters straightened out as soon as possible.

But with Explorer it's working. Does anyone know if the problem it's with Chrome and it will be solved? Because with Explorer everytime I have to quote people it doesn't work well, I have to use the multiquoting system and it's a bit tedious, and I much prefer Chrome.

Thanks!

Edited by Meera of Tarth

It sounds like Chrome is using a cached version of the page. Clear the cache and retry.

3 hours ago, mormont said:

It sounds like Chrome is using a cached version of the page. Clear the cache and retry.

Thanks, I'll try.

Posted (edited)

I don't have this problem but I use Chrome too. When I try to sing in before asoiaf.westeros.org appears a message saying “Μη ασφαλης” Not safe.

Edited by Jon's Queen Consort

Posted (edited)

Chrome recently won't let me access the site due to an invalid certificate. I have to use that bloody Exploder which doesn't care about certificates to get here.

I one of your ads maybe acting up?

Edited by Gabriele

I don't think that is ad related, I think it is because Chrome has started insisting that all sites use https:// instead of http://. We haven't been able to sort out how to do that on the forum.

I've tested on Chrome and have not had this result regarding an invalid certificate. Have you cleared your caches? We did briefly experiment with enabling HTTPS throughout but ran into technical difficulties.

I can open the site, but I can't log in, that's where the message about the invalid certificate pops up. Well, it's not like I've been terribly active here :wacko: and I can use Exploder for the occasional peek and comment. I just don't like to have that crappy browser open a lot.

I just don't have that problem at all so have no idea how to fix it for you. There's nothing wrong with the certificate so far as any browser I use to login shows.

While I was able to sign in with adding  https:// at the beginning of the link it seems that it doesn't work now.

So browsing this forum with Chrome is pretty much a no-go, huh? I have all sorts of issues using both my PC and my iPad versions of Chrome.

What sort of issues? I've no problem on either platform.

8 hours ago, Ran said:

What sort of issues? I've no problem on either platform.

It runs super-slow, I cannot use the edit post feature, and eventually the tab crashes with the "Oh Snap" message if I keep the forum site open too long. A couple of times, the entire browser has crashed. As for what happens when I attempt to edit a post, the fields for entering a reason for editing and to save my edit appear, but nothing else. This particular problem just appeared a few days ago -- after Chrome pushed an update, actually, so that could have something to do with it.

I went ahead and downloaded Firefox just for this site. It's smoother, so far.

It does feel like you're having an issue with Chrome. Have you tried seeing if there's any way to refresh your installation? Or perhaps just clear browsing data and see what happens then.