Sign in using Google Chrome

Meera of Tarth

Hello,

Since Friday, everytime I try to sign in using Chrome this message appears:

16:18GMT: Our apologies for the shut down of the forum for the time being. Unfortunataely, the website's suffering some severe issues that we've temporarily resolved by closing the forum. We hope to get matters straightened out as soon as possible.

But with Explorer it's working. Does anyone know if the problem it's with Chrome and it will be solved? Because with Explorer everytime I have to quote people it doesn't work well, I have to use the multiquoting system and it's a bit tedious, and I much prefer Chrome.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Chrome recently won't let me access the site due to an invalid certificate. I have to use that bloody Exploder which doesn't care about certificates to get here.

I one of your ads maybe acting up?

I don't think that is ad related, I think it is because Chrome has started insisting that all sites use https:// instead of http://. We haven't been able to sort out how to do that on the forum.

I've tested on Chrome and have not had this result regarding an invalid certificate. Have you cleared your caches? We did briefly experiment with enabling HTTPS throughout but ran into technical difficulties.

I can open the site, but I can't log in, that's where the message about the invalid certificate pops up. Well, it's not like I've been terribly active here :wacko: and I can use Exploder for the occasional peek and comment. I just don't like to have that crappy browser open a lot.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Ran said:

What sort of issues? I've no problem on either platform.

It runs super-slow, I cannot use the edit post feature, and eventually the tab crashes with the "Oh Snap" message if I keep the forum site open too long. A couple of times, the entire browser has crashed. As for what happens when I attempt to edit a post, the fields for entering a reason for editing and to save my edit appear, but nothing else. This particular problem just appeared a few days ago -- after Chrome pushed an update, actually, so that could have something to do with it.

I went ahead and downloaded Firefox just for this site. It's smoother, so far.

It does feel like you're having an issue with Chrome. Have you tried seeing if there's any way to refresh your installation? Or perhaps just clear browsing data and see what happens then.

All, I did a major cache clear of Chrome, and it sped up page load times quite a bit. Now I have a new problem. I cannot use the quote feature. span data-node-flag="true">a:D  Or actually any feature besides just typing into the text box to post. Chrome goes in and adds a lot of extra formatting for me, and the post fails without saving. 

Edit: OK, I tried to edit this post in Chrome just a minute ago to note that the extra formatting posted that time, and the old tab freeze-up happened again. I'm editing now using Firefox, which I'll just keep using for this site from here on out. Much fewer headaches that way.

I find that very odd. Do you have any unusual extensions that might explain it? We're also due for a small update soon that may or may not help with the issue -- not sure if they made any changes to the editing system or to improve Chrome performance.

Archived