Is Tysha in Sothoryos?

Stiles_of_the_Vale

Okay, this may be crackpot, since I'm essentially going off one line from the the World of Ice and Fire. I was listening to the audiobook, and heard the line 

A score of small trade towns cling to the northern coast—towns of mud and blood, as some say: wet and humid and full of misery, where adventurers, rogues, exiles, and whores from the Free Cities and the Seven Kingdoms come to make their fortunes.

While we all know Tysha wasn't really a whore, it can't be denied that a mantra of Tyrion's after Tywin's death is "Where do whores go?" 

Most people throughout the books, just shrug or think he's calling them a whore. But this is the only answer I've seen to where whores go. I even looked for the term 'whore' in the WoIaF, and it only appeared 10 times. None of which stated that whores were going there except Sothoryos. I also thought it was odd that it specifically stated the Seven Kingdoms, because I feel like it would more apply to the people of Essos instead of Westeros, just because of distance. 

Am I looking too far into this one line or does anyone else think this may be a possibility? Also, apologies if this has already been discussed somewhere.

1 hour ago, Stiles_of_the_Vale said:

Am I looking too far into this one line or does anyone else think this may be a possibility? Also, apologies if this has already been discussed somewhere.

It is a possibility in that literally anything is possible in a fantasy novel. She could have headed to the continent that the readers will never see. It is also equally possible that she traveled north and is the new nights queen  

My take on Tywin's statement is that he doesn't know because it's a topic no one pays any attention too, though I'm somewhat surprised that Tywin didn't have her killed.  Having said that,  if she's alive she could be anywhere.

4 hours ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

It is a possibility in that literally anything is possible in a fantasy novel. She could have headed to the continent that the readers will never see. It is also equally possible that she traveled north and is the new nights queen  

Tysha = Daario Naharis?

2 hours ago, Aporetic said:

My take on Tywin's statement is that he doesn't know because it's a topic no one pays any attention too, though I'm somewhat surprised that Tywin didn't have her killed.  Having said that,  if she's alive she could be anywhere.

^This. I doubt "Wherever Whores Go" is a specific place or that it was meant to be anything beyond "What do I know/care?". Though it does sound kinda like "Where the Wild Things Are", maybe they are islands next to each other and the kid from the book travels t that second island once he's grown up in the edgy sequel.

Though I will admit that I am open to consider that she's the Sailor's Wife, if only because she has a daughter named Lanna (who might be Tyrions) since we've met another prostitute who had King Robert's child and named her Barra. Barra/Baratheon - Lanna/Lannister. At least this can be considered a clue. 

Just now, Orphalesion said:

Tysha = Daario Naharis?

Tysha is Dany who is ned who is jory who is illyrio who is Irri who is tywin who is aeron who is Cat who is roose who is lady dustin who is euron who is tansy who is gregor who is tyrion who is ned again who is jon snow who is joff who is varys who is the dusky woman who is tywin again who is Dario

8 minutes ago, CornishDornish said:

I don't think GRRM plans on having any POV characters visiting Sothoryos or the other continents of Planetos. I might be wrong though.

Agreed. I don't really think we have time left to send someone to Sothoryos if he wants to finish in two books.

And if Tysha is in Sothoryos but we never get to see it/hear about it/even get any sort of clue. Then that would be pretty pointless.

5 hours ago, Good Guy Garlan said:

Tysha's dead. All whores die, that's where they all go. 

And if he's looking for that place, then you're saying Tyrion's going out by his own hand? Bold! Or maybe I'm saying it. Still not convinced.

I agree with @Orphalesion: Tyrion repeats this to himself while he's in Essos because he's trying to get beyond the care or knowledge of anyone in Westeros. He wants to go where nobody cares who he is or if he's even alive. As I recall, he does have some nearly suicidal thoughts during this time.

1 hour ago, Viking said:

I thought it was obvious that Tysha is the Sailors Wife at the Happy port in Braavos? Her daughter, Lanna, has Lannister like blonde hair. And t.b.h. where else would whores go but to the Happy Port?

Could Lanna maybe be Tyrions daughter? If she was born around 286, then thirteen year old Tyrion would have married Tysha around the same time?

While I can't see Sothoryos as the place whores go, I think a Tyrion based novella focused on his search for Tysha around the Green Hell could be ridiculously riotous.

4 hours ago, Viking said:

I thought it was obvious that Tysha is the Sailors Wife at the Happy port in Braavos? Her daughter, Lanna, has Lannister like blonde hair. And t.b.h. where else would whores go but to the Happy Port?

I always found more probably that the Sailor's Wife is actually Gerion's who is/was indeed a sailor.

1 hour ago, rotting sea cow said:

I always found more probably that the Sailor's Wife is actually Gerion's who is/was indeed a sailor.

Also a good explanation for the Lanna/Barra situation.

TBH I'd prefer that, I honestly don't want Tysha to show up again or learn of her fate. It'd be too soap opera like for me to have her revealed or even meet Tyrion again. For all we know she might not have lived long after the ordeal Tywin had put her through.

If i remember right Lanna is 14 in AFFC and Tyrion is 27 and when he speaks about tysha they married when he was 13. Im sure some purists will debate that there could be a years difference due to pregnancy etc but I think its fairly certain the Sailors Wife is Tysha.

Doesnt Arya point some men to the happy port when they ask where they can go for whores? Maybe someone in Braavos points Tyrion there too if he flippantly asks them "Where do whores go?".

Archived