Why was Marissa Frey's head shaved?

Abdallah

So while looking through House Frey's family line, I found that Marissa Frey's head is shaved. I looked it up in the book and Walder does say the Maester shaved her head. My question is why? Could this have been a punishment? Perhaps Marissa opposed the red wedding? After all Merrett Frey, her father, only particapted because he wanted to be seen as useful so his family could stay at the Twins. Or perhaps it was due to illness. any thoughts? 

9 minutes ago, Beautiful Bloody Sword said:

Most likely due to lice, I'd assume. With all those Frey's packed in the Twins like 10 lbs. of shit in a 5 lb. bag, lice could spread like wildfire if left untreated. Shit, even the lice would get lice.

oh that too is likely. Fortunately Marissa is at Castle Darry with a number of relatives so that should help.

33 minutes ago, Rusty Winchester said:

This one always makes me wonder as well.  There are so many odd character moments in this chapter, most of which can be directly attributed to the red wedding soon to follow.  I can't see a link with this one, but it really feels like there should be one.

I've been crafting and developing this theory for a while and was hoping to really get the finishing touches on it before I started a thread. However this is as good a place as any to introduce it.

It's pretty obvious Marissa Frey is actual Ser Perwyn Frey. She had to shave her head for the wig to fit properly. Once Perwyn stormed off with Aenys, everyone forgot about him until the Stark army got to the Twins. That's why they had the thin excuse and Marissa showed up bald.

It's almost lock step with the Knight of the Laughing Tree theory if you think about it.

1 hour ago, Universal Sword Donor said:

I've been crafting and developing this theory for a while and was hoping to really get the finishing touches on it before I started a thread. However this is as good a place as any to introduce it.

It's pretty obvious Marissa Frey is actual Ser Perwyn Frey. She had to shave her head for the wig to fit properly. Once Perwyn stormed off with Aenys, everyone forgot about him until the Stark army got to the Twins. That's why they had the thin excuse and Marissa showed up bald.

It's almost lock step with the Knight of the Laughing Tree theory if you think about it.

Why would Perwyn need to disguise himself? And even if he did, what did Aenys have to do with it? As far as I remember, Aenys participated in the Red Wedding, so his association with Perwyn doesn't seem to matter.

3 hours ago, Universal Sword Donor said:

Hmm it doesn't particularly jump out at me, but I'd be very interested to see the full theory.

Archived