Good news Charlaine Harris fans...

The Fattest Leech

Nope. Not more "Sookeh", sorry, but a whole new book series all together.
Whadda ya think? Personally, I enjoyed most of the Southern Vampire Mysteries (True Blood) books. They are what they are and you have to read them knowing that. The show... well, let's just say it started great, but then went the way of HBO :dunno:

From the article http://ew.com/books/2017/03/27/charlaine-harris-new-book-series/

• The book is based on one of Harris’ earlier short stories, “The Gunnie,” and is set in an alternate history of the United States — one that sees the country split into six territories after being weakened by the Great Depression as well as the assassination of Franklin Delano Roosevelt. Among the new territories are the original colonies of New Britannia (minus Georgia), the Canadian-controlled New America, the southeastern Dixie, the Holy Russian Empire colonies of California and Oregon, and of course, the southwestern Texoma.

The central mystery of the novel will follow the independent Lizbeth Rose, a mercenary on a manhunt, hired by Russian sorcerers in a Mexican border town.

Charlaine is busy lady because she also has a new tv series coming out http://ew.com/tv/2017/03/20/midnight-texas-trailer-nbc/

• A trailer for the new NBC show, Midnight, Texas was released on Monday, and it seems the town’s inhabitants are quite the colorful bunch. The upcoming series is based on the New York Times best-selling book series by Charlaine Harris (author of the novels behind HBO’s True Blood) and follows a psychic named Manfred (François Arnaud) as he moves to a new Texan town that boasts a more vast array of creatures than Bon Temps.

4 hours ago, C.T. Phipps said:

I like Charlaine Harris but the final couple of books left a bad taste in my mouth.

I heard the story she was forced to do books past Dead and Gone, which is why they had such a angry ending.

Yeah, the final ending was sorta weird and felt out of place for me, but I think the bulk of the story is really fun. 

I am kinda excited about this news. 

10 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Oh, I'm excited!  That's one series I'll read.

She's a very nice lady, btw, I had a nice chat with her at a worldcon. :)  I'd read her just for that reason alone.

You got to meet her?!?!  She does seem nice. I bet she has some bizarre stories to share. 

I liked the stories for what they were.  I really liked the first few, but then got tired of them.  I found that if I just skimmed the 100 pages or so per book of her describing her sex life that I enjoyed them much more.  Got through 8 of them.  Definitely interested in this new series.

6 hours ago, Richard Writhen said:

I read a few of the southern vampire mysteries out of order and was duly entertained. Not really a fan of alternate history stuff though.

I will give it a try, but for me, it has to really make sense and blend in well or I get turned off right quick.

9 hours ago, aceluby said:

I liked the stories for what they were.

Hahaha. Exactly! I knoew what they were when I started them, but I think it is ok to take a guilty pleasure break every once in a while.

We know what all work and no play does to a writer ;)

9 hours ago, aceluby said:

I really liked the first few, but then got tired of them.  I found that if I just skimmed the 100 pages or so per book of her describing her sex life that I enjoyed them much more.  Got through 8 of them.  Definitely interested in this new series.

The constant bacon sandwiches and size 6 (?) description with the blonde, bouncy hair got to me after a while. A good friend of mine got me in to the books (at his heavy, undying urging) and every time those descriptions came up, I texted him at all hours of the night as "revenge". Aah, fun times.

Anyway, I am happy to see her moving on to something else and not letting her career just sit on the shelf.

Archived