Discussion about Dorne.

Ser Loras The Gay

2 minutes ago, Ser Loras The Gay said:

By this logic we shouldn't have any prisioner from lordly heritage. By this logic Jaime should've been killed when he was saw at the battlefield. And no, I didn't back track. We see lots and lots of people revolting against the lannister government for a lot of reasons. Season 2 and 3 is almost in it's entirely about people making protests. And the fact that Renly has a ginormous army shows that most houses from the south don't allign with the Lannisters. Small folk included.

i have no idea what you are talking about when jaime "was saw" on a battlefield. 

And yes, you did backtrack. You said we saw people revolting against Joffrey and going to Renly, which we didn't.

And no, seasons 2 and 3 aren't about "making protests" they are about the war for the throne. I guess that's just a very poor word choice, but that is not a true statement. 

And when do we see the smallfolk supporting renly? Because he had an army? We see Ellaria with an army too, but you still don't think the smallfolk supported her. You contradict yourself in every post. 

1 minute ago, dsug said:

And when do we see the smallfolk supporting renly? Because he had an army? We see Ellaria with an army too, but you still don't think the smallfolk supported her. You contradict yourself in every post. 

And where it is? She had a army BEFORE trying to kill Doran? Where? Did you watch the same show that I did? And english is not my natural language so "was saw" meant when he was seen in the battlefield.

2 minutes ago, Ser Loras The Gay said:

And where it is? She had a army BEFORE trying to kill Doran? Where? Did you watch the same show that I did? And english is not my natural language so "was saw" meant when he was seen in the battlefield.

The army was clearly on her side, being that they allowed her to assassinate Doran in front of them, and then immediately began following her orders. It was established all the way at the beginning of season five that the people love the Sand Snakes and want revenge against the Lannisters, and think that Doran is weak.  

Just now, dsug said:

The army was clearly on her side, being that they allowed her to assassinate Doran in front of them. It was established all the way at the beginning of season five that the people love the Sand Snakes and want revenge against the Lannisters, and think that Doran is weak.  

So again I beg the question. Why the uprise didn't occur before? If the army was by her side why Doran had the power to set her to prison in the first place? How is this possible? People could love them and think Doran as a weak men, but we don't see people getting mad at any action. No one. Just in one episode they turn their backs to Doran, after helping him sending them to prison.

34 minutes ago, Ser Loras The Gay said:

If they're in power, no.

YOU SWEET SUMMERCHILD

Do you see anyone complaining about how crazy Cersei is?

Maybe they did - however it was much easier to side with her, "from a feminist perspective", whenever she wasn't doing bad things and instead was caring about her children or being angry at getting forced to marry etc.

Of course some feminists would complain about her "caring for her children", too.

And people might forget how douchey the Sands are once they're in cahoots with Dany, and right before Tyrion gets angry at them for killing Myrcells - but then again that's what GoT's all about isn't it.

Point is, it's hard to name a thing that feminists somewhere WON'T complain about - but there are different gradations, and the writers would be crayyyyyy if they did the Sand coup to appease feminists.

Sure, the Valerie Solanas types are gonna cheer, and the more nuanced ones are gonna cheer for not also shying away from evil/fanatical women along with Dany/Yara/Sansa etc. - but most are probably gonna complain about Ellaria is a "straw feminist" or a "misogynistic stereotype" (like that TOS episode where a woman took over Kirk's body and went crazy... remembere that?).

ALSO THE COUP STARTED AT THE END OF SEASON 5 - I.E. THE RAPE SEASON. Christ

He had a claim. Take down the evil lannisters and commit treason. Some people weren't happy about the lannisters killing Ned and allegedly kiling Robert and the small folk didn't like the coldness of Twyin. There were reasons.

Stannis also wanted to take down the evil Lannisters.

You know it's hilarious, whenever I open the RRRRRRRR thread people there seem to be convinced that GoT is like a court procedural drama that's all about people navigating through them complex rules.

Obviously why that isn't true in the slightest, shouldn't require an explanation should it ;)

Oh, I see, so you're doing some mental gymnastics to excuse the fact they did a sloopy job at making things believable?

What part of "they fucked up their own plot by not shooting the scenes with the vital info" sounded like mental gymnastics and filling in the blanks to you? 

Even so, why the hell would they play along? They could simply have Jaime, Myrcella, Doran, Hotah and everyone there killed. It was the BEST scenario. And another one, if they were REALLY playing along, why would the others snakes sneak in? If the guards were Ellaria's they could simply storm the palace and kill everyone inside.

That information wasn't provided, as I just said :D:D 

Archived