Let's discuss crackpottery

Ser Loras The Gay

Here let's take a look at the best crackpots ever invented by the fandom. One of the best i've seen was one about Ned Stark being alive, and the person killed by the executiner was a FM hired by Varys. And Ned is the caped man of winterfell, killing people for revenge. Please share your ideas and crackpots here :D

Ned being alive
Rhaego being alive 
Rhaegar being alive 
Drogo being alive
Quentyn being alive 
Tywin being alive 
Robb being alive 
Syrio being alive 
Grey wind being alive 
Mance=Rhaegar 
Euron=Dario
Euron=everyone
Dario=everyone
Bran with time travel powers
Bloodraven warging everyone and everything
The others being misunderstood
The CTOF being evil 
Aegon being a blackfyre  

I haven't seen anyone mention Preston's latest insane ramble about Euron using gallons of blood and Damphair as live bait to summon giant krakens from the ocean. Then using Damphair to telepathically control them or something? Idk I zoned out hard towards the end.

My favorite more REALISTIC theories are Varys and/or Ilyrio and/or his wife being Blackfyre descendants that are directly related to Aegon.

Also congrats on your proper new gay name.. Ser Loras.. The Gay.  

1 hour ago, Renly's Banana said:

I haven't seen anyone mention Preston's latest insane ramble about Euron using gallons of blood and Damphair as live bait to summon giant krakens from the ocean. Then using Damphair to telepathically control them or something? Idk I zoned out hard towards the end.

Wtf? Summon krakens? I've never even heard of this.

1 hour ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

Syrio being alive

I'm not saying I'm convinced on this one, but it's not some of the insane crackpottery that we see. It would explain how Jaqen was in the Black Cells and why he was inexplicably interested in Arya.

9 minutes ago, Hangover of the Morning said:

The most preposterous and depressing crackpot I read recently was that Ser Pounce will die before he defeats the Others and ends the Long Night. 

Boggles my mind. How could people even come up with these crazy scenarios. 

Too much time without a new book, that's why.

2 minutes ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

OI know, I was being sarcastic 

Oh, I didn't catch the sarcasm. haha

12 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

I'm not saying I'm convinced on this one, but it's not some of the insane crackpottery that we see. It would explain how Jaqen was in the Black Cells and why he was inexplicably interested in Arya.

It is Schrodinger's Syrio. GRRM literally had nothing else to write about him, and after years of fans asking if he was alive and Jaqen he took the standard cop out and left it up to the reader. So Syrio is both dead and alive in the novel 

13 minutes ago, Ser Loras The Gay said:

Oh, I didn't catch the sarcasm. haha

I never remember to use the sarcasm font 

Anybody remember when people speculated that Jon and Meera are twins (or Irish twins) because both the actors that portray them in the series have curly hair?

At one point there was also talk whether Varys was actually a woman and Faegon was his and Illyrio's son.

My favorite more REALISTIC theories are Varys and/or Ilyrio and/or his wife being Blackfyre descendants that are directly related to Aegon.

Also congrats on your proper new gay name.. Ser Loras.. The Gay.  

Because to mention that I'd have to watch those videos, and I'd rather get the Oberyn treatment than subjecting myself to that.

3 minutes ago, Ser Loras The Gay said:

How? HOW? Please link me with this theory I want to burst my sides with laughter

My fav part is "in my research of the subject I have found that most discussions about MR=RT devolve into a bunch of people dismissing the theory and repeating the same few arguments e.g., GRRM said Rhaegar was burned, Mance had his own backstory and grew up on the wall, and that GRRM simply wouldn't write it like this. None of those are that good of arguments and I'd be happy to discuss why, I just hope this thread doesn't get overrun with naysayers who aren't contributing to the conversation."    

I don't know why, but for some reason, lots of users on this forum are willing to disregard what is written the book and even clarifications the author makes if they contradict their precious theory 

1 minute ago, Orphalesion said:

At one point there was also talk whether Varys was actually a woman and Faegon was his and Illyrio's son.

Wait, what?

2 minutes ago, Therae said:

Wait...what?

It's a crackpottery thread. The "theories" don't have to make any sense. I liked the idea of the theory because it was too absurd.

Tell us one crackpot that you really enjoy, it doesn't need any proof. It just needs to be, at least something that wasn't explicitly said in the books.

Archived