"Friend Zone" memes and whining are silly (Rape Culture discussion)

Ser Scot A Ellison

16 minutes ago, Maelys I Blackfyre said:

Different cultures have different general tastes that have developed over centuries. Simple question, easily debunked.

No.  The very fact that what people, on average, find as "attractive" is malleable show that "attractive" is a subjective standard.  It changes over time.

10 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Nice to see some dudes clamining she should DIE for not fancying him L M A O and they say it's not about controlling women's bodies! Fucking liars!! *A N G E R Y* 

Absolutely. When people think someone should "die" for picking someone they don't like that's demonstrates a problem exists.

3 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Absolutely. When people think someone should "die" for picking someone they don't like that's demonstrates a problem exists.

This is why so many women are wary of men!!! I love friendship! I honestly love having friends and I'm a very private person when it comes to my own body and my body autonomy and I have plenty of male friends who I get along really well with...and...don't want to have sex with. ?? And it really upsets me the idea, as unlikely as it is for me personally, that I have friends that would resent me for not sleeping with them - I don't think that's true for me but it's true for some women and that'd SCARY 

1 hour ago, Maelys I Blackfyre said:

Like every other animal that exists, human females, when searching for a mate, tend to prefer males who exhibit "dominant" characteristics; namely charisma, confidence, assertiveness, strength, the potential for healthy children and the ability to protect and provide for them. Submissive males generally do not exhibit these same characteristics to the same extent that dominant males do. The same way other mammals look for the most optimal mate to give the best offspring. This is common sense. Any documentary you would watch as a child would tell you this.

Again, this is not true, no behavioural scientist would do anything other than laugh at these assertions, and in any case this is only tangentially related to the topic of the thread, which nobody seems to be talking about any more, so I think it's time to kill this one.

Archived