Official Season 7 Promo Released

Westeros

Well that was a lot better than the teaser. It had a great atmosphere, it sparked my interest, it included shots from the new season and the presented the most important characters, it started building suspense, a glooming shadow of epicness. It is a very good promo. 

(Of course if I look behind its being a good promo all I see is why are we back at season 2 with the plot, what a creative and versatile costume design (yes, that was sarcasm), who committed that hair style crime, why did the dragons grow twenty meters while Cersei's hair stayed the same length or why does she want to stick with the bad pixi cut, how can Cersei still be a relevant player at this point and put Lannister windows all over the red keep, whose idea was it try to pull off a Sauron's Eye act and why in this exact shade of blue, did people wear high heels in medieval ages, why doesn't Jon have a big ass chair to sit in, what sort of other atrocities are there behind this otherwise very well made promo?) 

I think based on this promo it is clear that the show is heading towards the revelation that Old Nan's theory is correct, and this world exists within the eye of a blue-eyed giant :P (I have shamelessly stolen this from a youtube post on the video):leaving:

1 hour ago, Corvinus said:

I think based on this promo it is clear that the show is heading towards the revelation that Old Nan's theory is correct, and this world exists within the eye of a blue-eyed giant :P (I have shamelessly stolen this from a youtube post on the video):leaving:

that would make the show's new season more interesting

2 hours ago, mattnj81 said:

Just occurred to me there was no Euron sitting on the Seastone Chair. Disappointing.

Nah, that's a good thing. Euron was horribly miscast, the less time spent with him, the better.

1 hour ago, Maelys I Blackfyre said:

So is Jon technically Jon Stark now?

I think it's best to treat it that way. They may have hopped over a few Westerosi laws to get there, but ultimately I think he's at the same place now that he will eventually be by the end of Winds. Best to just go with it.

Longtime lurker, first time posting ^_^  I believe that Dany is in Casterly Rock, not Dragonstone

1. We've seen Dragonstone several times now throughout the show and it just does not look like that promo
  2. Dragonstone is made of a darker stone than what she is walking through
  3. Dragonstone is made of rock that has been twisted and shaped, not made of rough unhewn rock
  4. Dragonstone does not have a throne room, it has the room with the Painted Table, which has been shown in the show
  5. The handles on the door she opens look like golden lions (this one may be a stretch)
  6. With who she was allying with it just makes more sense.  She could have skipped the Narrow Sea and rounded Dorne to pick up their fleet then continue on to Highgarden to pick up theirs, then continue on to Casterly Rock.  Plus she has Tyrion with her, and what does he want?  Casterly Rock.  And there would be no army/ruler there as they would all be with Cersei in King's Landing or dead since she also killed her uncle.  It's a good surprise attack.
  7. She also has the Greyjoys and if you pass Casterly Rock you hit into Pike so that would be a good logical next step after that for them to retake their seat from Euron.
  8. And if I remember correctly GRRM did say that we would see Casterly Rock at some point and I know the show is the show and the book is the book, but they are still following along with some of it.

15 hours ago, Mr Smith said:

Nah, that's a good thing. Euron was horribly miscast, the less time spent with him, the better.

I think it's best to treat it that way. They may have hopped over a few Westerosi laws to get there, but ultimately I think he's at the same place now that he will eventually be by the end of Winds. Best to just go with it.

I just mean he seems to be in a position to play a big role in TWOW, so I was hoping for the same in the series. I would hope the character's usage improves over season 6 rather than just forgetting about him.

21 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Well that was a lot better than the teaser. It had a great atmosphere, it sparked my interest, it included shots from the new season and the presented the most important characters, it started building suspense, a glooming shadow of epicness. It is a very good promo. 

(Of course if I look behind its being a good promo all I see is why are we back at season 2 with the plot, what a creative and versatile costume design (yes, that was sarcasm), who committed that hair style crime, why did the dragons grow twenty meters while Cersei's hair stayed the same length or why does she want to stick with the bad pixi cut, how can Cersei still be a relevant player at this point and put Lannister windows all over the red keep, whose idea was it try to pull off a Sauron's Eye act and why in this exact shade of blue, did people wear high heels in medieval ages, why doesn't Jon have a big ass chair to sit in, what sort of other atrocities are there behind this otherwise very well made promo?) 

Why would Jon have a big chair? He's the last person who would insist on getting a big chair to reflect his new status.

5 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

That's really not the point. 

Sure it is. Jon's a leader who doesn't need the fancy trappings of power as long as people listen to what he says. That's the point. The Winterfell hall's contrast with Dany and Cersei's elaborate, imposing throne rooms is deliberate.

Besides, even if Jon got himself a bigass chair, his "throne room"--the Winterfell hall--would still pale in comparison to Cersei's and Dany's. A bigass fancy chair would look out of place in such a modest setting in any event.

Archived