Official Season 7 Promo Released

Westeros

15 hours ago, Newstar said:

Sure it is. Jon's a leader who doesn't need the fancy trappings of power as long as people listen to what he says. That's the point. The Winterfell hall's contrast with Dany and Cersei's elaborate, imposing throne rooms is deliberate.

Besides, even if Jon got himself a bigass chair, his "throne room"--the Winterfell hall--would still pale in comparison to Cersei's and Dany's. A bigass fancy chair would look out of place in such a modest setting in any event.

I highly doubt they deliberately tried to highlight this difference in a 1.5 minute promo. I also don't exactly care about Jon's elevated values that keep him from sitting in big chairs, yes Jon is a thaint we all know that. The only problem I have with this is that it kinda disrupts the visual flow of the promo. Visually it would better to have a shot of Jon in a big chair too - in my opinion. 

19 hours ago, peaceangel91 said:

Longtime lurker, first time posting ^_^  I believe that Dany is in Casterly Rock, not Dragonstone

1. We've seen Dragonstone several times now throughout the show and it just does not look like that promo
  2. Dragonstone is made of a darker stone than what she is walking through
  3. Dragonstone is made of rock that has been twisted and shaped, not made of rough unhewn rock
  4. Dragonstone does not have a throne room, it has the room with the Painted Table, which has been shown in the show
  5. The handles on the door she opens look like golden lions (this one may be a stretch)
  6. With who she was allying with it just makes more sense.  She could have skipped the Narrow Sea and rounded Dorne to pick up their fleet then continue on to Highgarden to pick up theirs, then continue on to Casterly Rock.  Plus she has Tyrion with her, and what does he want?  Casterly Rock.  And there would be no army/ruler there as they would all be with Cersei in King's Landing or dead since she also killed her uncle.  It's a good surprise attack.
  7. She also has the Greyjoys and if you pass Casterly Rock you hit into Pike so that would be a good logical next step after that for them to retake their seat from Euron.
  8. And if I remember correctly GRRM did say that we would see Casterly Rock at some point and I know the show is the show and the book is the book, but they are still following along with some of it.

I like this idea a lot. I did wonder why we haven't seen that throne at Dragonstone before. This is a plausible explanation. Though I'm kinda curious about how Tyrion would feel about Daenerys sitting on the high chair at casterly rock he's been obsessed about since day 1. (Of course the show wouldn't explore these depths) 

2 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

I like this idea a lot. I did wonder why we haven't seen that throne at Dragonstone before. This is a plausible explanation. Though I'm kinda curious about how Tyrion would feel about Daenerys sitting on the high chair at casterly rock he's been obsessed about since day 1. (Of course the show wouldn't explore these depths) 

And I would think there would be dragons around a throne at Dragonstone. They loved to put them just everywhere. And it was actually the Valyrian's that made that castle. It just doesn't look like their work. I mean this is purely the show runners artistic vision at this point, but they mostly do a good job trying to keep ascetics as true as possible to the books

s6e8 jaime talking to edmure about cat stark and Cersei "they'd start a war,burn cities to ash and free their worst enemies.   Cersei started a war,burnt a city to ash.now in the trailer Cersei as ice breath which we all can see, but free their worst enemies ? White walkers? Or just a ref to cat freeing jaime 

On 01/04/2017 at 11:13 AM, RhaenysB said:

I highly doubt they deliberately tried to highlight this difference in a 1.5 minute promo. I also don't exactly care about Jon's elevated values that keep him from sitting in big chairs, yes Jon is a thaint we all know that. The only problem I have with this is that it kinda disrupts the visual flow of the promo. Visually it would better to have a shot of Jon in a big chair too - in my opinion. 

thapphireth :lol: 

Liked the concept of the promo, showing the three key players marching to their respective Thrones. Well shot. Horrible choice in music though. Doesn't suit the promo or show at all, which is a shame. Usually music choice is pretty good.

On 3/30/2017 at 3:43 PM, RhaenysB said:

Well that was a lot better than the teaser. It had a great atmosphere, it sparked my interest, it included shots from the new season and the presented the most important characters, it started building suspense, a glooming shadow of epicness. It is a very good promo. 

(Of course if I look behind its being a good promo all I see is why are we back at season 2 with the plot, what a creative and versatile costume design (yes, that was sarcasm), who committed that hair style crime, why did the dragons grow twenty meters while Cersei's hair stayed the same length or why does she want to stick with the bad pixi cut, how can Cersei still be a relevant player at this point and put Lannister windows all over the red keep, whose idea was it try to pull off a Sauron's Eye act and why in this exact shade of blue, did people wear high heels in medieval ages, why doesn't Jon have a big ass chair to sit in, what sort of other atrocities are there behind this otherwise very well made promo?) 

Then don't watch.

On 3/30/2017 at 4:43 PM, RhaenysB said:

Well that was a lot better than the teaser. It had a great atmosphere, it sparked my interest, it included shots from the new season and the presented the most important characters, it started building suspense, a glooming shadow of epicness. It is a very good promo. 

(Of course if I look behind its being a good promo all I see is why are we back at season 2 with the plot, what a creative and versatile costume design (yes, that was sarcasm), who committed that hair style crime, why did the dragons grow twenty meters while Cersei's hair stayed the same length or why does she want to stick with the bad pixi cut, how can Cersei still be a relevant player at this point and put Lannister windows all over the red keep, whose idea was it try to pull off a Sauron's Eye act and why in this exact shade of blue, did people wear high heels in medieval ages, why doesn't Jon have a big ass chair to sit in, what sort of other atrocities are there behind this otherwise very well made promo?) 

I'm assuming that she's keeping her hair short on purpose as a 'statement'....but you can never tell w/the show, LOL.  I thought it was okay, not great, compared to previous promos.  The eye blinks and the cold breath was a little weird.  But it clearly conveys this as the showdown season between those three characters.  I will refrain from comment on the logic behind Cersei being this powerful, ahem.

Eh, it's a promo.

Dany did appear to be walking on dragon scales, so the obvious inference is Dragonstone.  As to the Tyrion speculation, why would he advise Dany to go to the rock? He is smart, he knows that Kingslanding has to be taken, not Casterly Rock. Show Tyrion is a lot less of a grudge holder, no constant chants of "where to whores go". Take Kingslanding, put Dany on the Iron Throne and he can have Casterly Rock without a battle. Also, why would he want to go back when he is now Hand of the Queen, a position much more powerful than Warden of the West or a lord.

Jon and any kind of grandeur would just look out of place, like when Ned sat on the iron throne in S1

Cercei may keep her short hair as a statement. I am still a beauty without it, and now I am in full power as well. The cold breath thing seems an obvious flashback to Dany in the House of the Undying, when she made it to the throne room it was damaged and snowing. So, Cercei being there and cold ties it together.

I probably used "inference" wrong

5 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

I'm assuming that she's keeping her hair short on purpose as a 'statement'....but you can never tell w/the show, LOL.  I thought it was okay, not great, compared to previous promos.  The eye blinks and the cold breath was a little weird.  But it clearly conveys this as the showdown season between those three characters.  I will refrain from comment on the logic behind Cersei being this powerful, ahem.

Okay I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks the eye is weird. It just never looks right to me. Maybe the wrong shade of blue or I don't know but it gives me a serious 20th century sci-fi feeling. It just looks silly. Yeah, better not think about logic. 

21 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Eh, it's a promo.

Dany did appear to be walking on dragon scales, so the obvious inference is Dragonstone.  As to the Tyrion speculation, why would he advise Dany to go to the rock? He is smart, he knows that Kingslanding has to be taken, not Casterly Rock. Show Tyrion is a lot less of a grudge holder, no constant chants of "where to whores go". Take Kingslanding, put Dany on the Iron Throne and he can have Casterly Rock without a battle. Also, why would he want to go back when he is now Hand of the Queen, a position much more powerful than Warden of the West or a lord

He is supposed to be. I do wonder if show Tyrion remembers there's wildfire in KL and the pyromancers kept making it for him and his sister in season 2 to use against Stannis. I mean Cersei absolutely forgot about that. So did Lancel. But whatever. Maybe Tyrion remembers because he's smart...

that may be true, but casterly rock is a question of principle for him. He wanted it all his life and Tywin never offered it to him because he's a dwarf. Having Casterly Rock is proving to his father, himself, the world that he is as worthy as any Lannister regardless of his size. I don't think Tyrion would give it up for any other position. But then, maybe show Tyrion has different priorities. 

5 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

that may be true, but casterly rock is a question of principle for him. He wanted it all his life and Tywin never offered it to him because he's a dwarf. Having Casterly Rock is proving to his father, himself, the world that he is as worthy as any Lannister regardless of his size. I don't think Tyrion would give it up for any other position. But then, maybe show Tyrion has different priorities. 

Remember Tyrion can be Hand and also Lord of the Rock. One does not wipe out the other.

7 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

He is supposed to be. I do wonder if show Tyrion remembers there's wildfire in KL and the pyromancers kept making it for him and his sister in season 2 to use against Stannis. I mean Cersei absolutely forgot about that. So did Lancel. But whatever. Maybe Tyrion remembers because he's smart...

Not sure on how much of this is sarcasm or just snarkiness...Cersei used wildfire in the last episode so obviously she remembers it's there. When Dany/Tyrion arrive in KL and see the Sept and surrounding area destroyed, he will know how.

58 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Remember Tyrion can be Hand and also Lord of the Rock. One does not wipe out the other.

Not sure on how much of this is sarcasm or just snarkiness...Cersei used wildfire in the last episode so obviously she remembers it's there. When Dany/Tyrion arrive in KL and see the Sept and surrounding area destroyed, he will know how.

Yes I know. I meant that in a general sense to underline Tyrion's attachment to Casterly Rock. He wouldn't give it up for any other title - if he had to choose. If he doesn't, the matter isn't relevant. 

This is sarcasm, but the facts are facts. Lancel told Tyrion in season 2 that Cersei was having wildfire made. Tyrion told the pyromancer that he would be making wildfire for him and not his sister. Yet, in season six, Cersei needs Qyburn to confirm the rumor that there's wildfire under KL. She should know there's wildfire under KL, she and Tyrion worked with it four seasons ago. So my sarcastic question was, will his memory of season 2 events serve Tyrion better in season 7 than that of Cersei's in season 6? 

15 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Yes I know. I meant that in a general sense to underline Tyrion's attachment to Casterly Rock. He wouldn't give it up for any other title - if he had to choose. If he doesn't, the matter isn't relevant. 

This is sarcasm, but the facts are facts. Lancel told Tyrion in season 2 that Cersei was having wildfire made. Tyrion told the pyromancer that he would be making wildfire for him and not his sister. Yet, in season six, Cersei needs Qyburn to confirm the rumor that there's wildfire under KL. She should know there's wildfire under KL, she and Tyrion worked with it four seasons ago. So my sarcastic question was, will his memory of season 2 events serve Tyrion better in season 7 than that of Cersei's in season 6? 

As to Tyrion and CR, book Tyrion is obsessed with it, show Tyrion wanted it once he was removed as Hand by Tywin. Remember how happy Tyrion was as hand to the King.

As to the wildfire, again, the sept and a large chunk of KL has been destroyed by it, Renly and Margeary killed by it. Tyrion and Dany just got Highgarden as an ally because of that event so yes I am sure he will remember it.

5 hours ago, dbunting said:

As to Tyrion and CR, book Tyrion is obsessed with it, show Tyrion wanted it once he was removed as Hand by Tywin. Remember how happy Tyrion was as hand to the King.

As to the wildfire, again, the sept and a large chunk of KL has been destroyed by it, Renly and Margeary killed by it. Tyrion and Dany just got Highgarden as an ally because of that event so yes I am sure he will remember it.

Yeah I'm sure he'll be happy being hand of the queen. Or king. Or whoever will rule after the final battle. 

Renly? :shocked:

On 4/5/2017 at 3:56 PM, RhaenysB said:

all the wildfire cersei had made in S2 was used in the battle of blackwater. the rumor in S6 was about more being hidden under the city. 

6 hours ago, dsug said:

all the wildfire cersei had made in S2 was used in the battle of blackwater. the rumor in S6 was about more being hidden under the city. 

The hidden wildfire that was under the Sept was placed by the mad King at the end of Roberts rebellion.  Then Jamie killed him because he was going to use it to blow the city up ("let him be king of ashes") but then didn't tell anyone about the wildfire, hence the rumors. Supposedly there's a lot more than just what was under the Sept

6 hours ago, dsug said:

I understand that much but how is it a rumor when the idea of hidden wildfire under the city is clearly not new to Cersei and she was previous in contact with the pyromancers? Or is "looking into a rumor" supposed to mean "qyburn go ask the pyromancers if there's more wildfire"? Why didn't she know about that already? I'm supposed to believe that in season 2 the pyromancer only told them about that bit of wildfire inventory Tyrion visited and didn't report on the stuff being all over the city because... why exactly would he keep the rest a secret? And regardless of all that, why did Cersei need some "rumor", why didn't she just say, "You, freaky man, make me wildfire!"? 

Archived