What are you listening to? XXIII - What sounds are you putting into your ears!?

Theda Baratheon

9 minutes ago, Triskan said:

Is there a term for a singer's quality in terms not of their vocal quality or their lyrics but in the actual notation of their vocal within a given song?  Or put another way, the use of the voice as yet another instrument in the ensemble and the melody of timing of it and all that?  I swear that there should be.  It just occurred to me that part of the reason I'm on this Frightened Rabbit kick is that their front man absolutely excels at "this" whatever we might call it.  

I don't know if there's a word for it, but I know exactly what you are talking about. I think that's a big part of why I prefer bands to solo artists. There is just this transcendent quality of simpatico with a really tight band. When it all melds, it's a form of magic. 

As I want to do away with my old tapedeck, I was sifting through my old 80's tapes.

The Jazz Butcher had a great single with a buzzing Modern Lovers' Roadrunner on the A side and on the B side a nice piece of powerpop,

Rain as well as this controversial song, that suggests misery and alcohol create art, called Drink.

Archived