What are you listening to? XXIII - What sounds are you putting into your ears!?

Theda Baratheon

I've been listening to MGMT lately. I was a fan of them because of a few of their earlier songs, but I can't seem to find appreciation for their newest albums. When I do listen to their newest one, I don't like most of them. Just a few of the first ones. Like Alien Days, Cool Song No. 2, and Introspection.

My absolute favorite by MGMT though is Metanaoia. 

On 9/2/2017 at 8:46 AM, 3CityApache said:

Lot's of Mogwai of late. Especially the latest album Every Country's Sun of course, which I am still to process before I decide if I like it or love it, but quite a few earlier releases as well, like Before the Flood OST or Atomic.

Still have to get around to listening to the album in full but I really liked Coolverine, The return to their CODY/Rock Action era producer is definitely a promising development imo as someone who loves that era of the band in particular.

3 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

That album kicks 69 kinds of ass.

Word, it's a goddamn magnificent rock record to be sure. I really dig how hard Josh has continued to embrace his inner Bowie too. So many of the melodies on this (and Like Clockwork) could've been penned by the Thin White Duke himself.

The only one that's not really floating my boat (after about 15 listens) is Fortress. The rest are some kind of magic.

Archived