What are you listening to? XXIII - What sounds are you putting into your ears!?

Theda Baratheon

I'm generally well disposed towards The National, but his new stuff will have to wait as I'm experiencing an infatuation with

Jamie Saft these days.

I've heard Everyday of The New Standard Trio on the radio and was very taken with the bass and piano.

His older stuff came as a surprise. In terms of style it's all over the place.

I like his dubby stuff -

Kasha Dub

Vesamcheynu Dub

Slow Down Furry Dub (with Merzbow -no fear this one is not so noisy-)

And I like his sister Vanessa singing  -

Remember

T'Khelet

The Jazzy stuff may seem a bit conventional, but there's a lot going on once let it get to you -

All Things To All People

Been listening to SO much stuff lately dunno why I haven't been posting here but the one I'm most excited about...

GARY NUMAN'S NEW ALBUM ''Savage (Songs from a Broken World)'' which is EXCELLENT!!!! and PLEASE can you ALL give it a listen!!!

It's on Spotify and here's the single ''My Name is Ruin''

Excellent dark industrial synthy concept album (the concept is the world is post global warming disaster and the world is now a giant desert wasteland where east and west cultures have blended together out of survival but everyone is out for themselves) 

On 9/15/2017 at 11:07 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

I'm loving the new album. Somehow managed to forget it was coming out so I'm a little late to the party but really great stuff.

Yeah, I get bored fairly quickly with a lot of guitar music these days - most of it sounds more like math than magic to me - but QOTSA are the perfect mix of heaviness, sex, weirdness, technical intelligence, heat, dancability, wry humour and adventurousness. They still have the magic. They aren't my only sunshine, but they're one of them.

The English Beat=Whine & Grind/Stand Down Margaret

I said I see no joy, I see only sorrow

I see no chance for your bright new tomorrow

so stand down Margaret, stand down please, stand down Margaret

You tell me how can it work with your all white law?

What a short, sharp lesson, what a Third World War

Oh stand down Margaret, stand down please

Stand down Margaret 

Archived