What are you listening to? XXIII - What sounds are you putting into your ears!?

Theda Baratheon

Afro Latin, particularly Cuban and Puerto Rican.  Which is what we do all the time, but particularly this spring, with so many great events everywhere here featuring these artists.  Last night at the Blue Note we listened to Chucho Valdes and his quartette.  There's no point in even saying they were great, because that's just how it is.  Tonight Eddie Palmieri ends, I think .... his run at Subrosa.

The great thing about all this is that so many friends gather to hear these great artists, including so many who are visiting from elsewhere.  Additionally a lot of the musicians in the scene show up, and then get called up to do a number or two.  So, its an audience that knows why it is there on all levels, and the rooms just fill with delight and joy.

Music is even more important now, as it gets communities out of the house, off the screen, and bonding in real time in real bodies, and that creates so much positive energy.  We need all the positive energy we can get!

Can someone give me an honest opinion of the new Kedrick album? I have been pretty much podcasts and books on tape for years, so I'm slacking in the music department. I really liked Good Kidd M.A.D.D. City though... Thanks

Archived