What are you listening to? XXIII - What sounds are you putting into your ears!?

Theda Baratheon

Yoko given official credit as co-writer of the iconic "Imagine" song. Lennons son says he's elated and that John was recorded on audiotape saying that Yoko shouldve been credited as co-writer. Its all in the article below.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/yoko-ono-imagine_us_59427ab4e4b0d3185487518b?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

On 16/06/2017 at 11:02 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

More Arcade Fire

This is more promising that the last track imo

I'll have to listen to that later.

Currently listening to the BBC's live broadcast of Radiohead at Glastonbury. Lucky at the moment.

Weather Diaries, new album of Ride. This new music by reunited shogaze bands really is something. First MBV, then Lush and especially Slowdive, now Ride. Couldn't be happier. My youth is back.

Weather Diaries is not a masterpiece, but definitely has a few gems.

Tris, how so - isn't he rated second right along Bob Marley? I have to thank Jimmy "Rhyging" for furthering my interest in Jamaican music after the introduction by UB 40 (forgive me, I was fifteen).

Today he's much too mainstream for my taste, and the only acceptable authority is LKJ ;).

Good summer sounds in any case.

That might be the reason I've almost missed the new album by Richard Dawson - Peasant, which is a hard yet rewarding listen best suited for cold rainy days. It's so Septon Meribald.

9 minutes ago, Lykos said:

Tris, how so - isn't he rated second right along Bob Marley? I have to thank Jimmy "Rhyging" for furthering my interest in Jamaican music after the introduction by UB 40 (forgive me, I was fifteen).

I think he falls outside the trinity (Bunny Wailer, Peter Tosh, and Bob Marley) but is still considered one of the kings. Underrated in a relative sense, I suppose, but still beloved.

It's Wayback Wednesday on a Tuesday, beyotch. So break out your Kangol and your Gazelles and jump on the bus, cause I'm taking you to the Old School...

Whistle-Just Buggin'

We're here to prove through bugged out means

that things aren't always what they seem

We want you all to scream and start to shout

as we go on a mission

AND BUG ON OUT!

Run DMC-Peter Piper

He's the better of the best

best believe he's the baddest

Perfect timin' when I'm climbing on my rhyming apparatus

Lot of guts when he cuts girls move their butts

His name is Jay he's here to play he must be nuts

On the mix real quick and I'd like to say

he's not back, but he's black and his name is Jay

Slick Rick-Children's Story

Once upon a time not long ago

where people wore pajamas and lived life slow

When laws were stern, and justice stood, and people were behavin' like they ought to good

There was a little boy who was mislead

by another little boy and this is what he said

"You and me Ty, we're gonna make some cash

robbing old folks, then making the dash"

Archived