April Reads: What, fool, are you reading?!?

Larry of the Lawn

Finished Dawn Chapman's THE SECRET KING: LETHAO and THE SECRET KING: FIRST CONTACT. Very 1970s Battlestar Galactica, which isn't a bad thing.

Loved the covers too.

Also read M.L. Spencer's DARKSTORM which is like D&D fiction only more sex and betrayal.

Now listening to SILVER by Rhiannon Held. Kind of Patricia Briggs-ish.

On 4/30/2017 at 9:25 PM, Spaßvogel said:

Just finished the latest Alex Verus novel by Benedict Jacka.  I don't think any other series I've read has improved from book to book as much as this one.  Great stuff.  Next i've got the latest Pax Arcana novel lined up.  Weeeeee.

The last few books have felt like chapters rather than stand-alone stories to me. This whole Richard and Council thing just drags on and on and on. Plus, the Anne thing looks like it's never going to get resolved with an honest let's sit down and talk about our relationship moment.

On 5/7/2017 at 1:42 PM, brunhilda said:

The last few books have felt like chapters rather than stand-alone stories to me. This whole Richard and Council thing just drags on and on and on. Plus, the Anne thing looks like it's never going to get resolved with an honest let's sit down and talk about our relationship moment.

You're right, but on the bright side, he's publishing one a year pretty much, so as long as that schedule can be adhered too, I'm okay with that..

17 hours ago, Spaßvogel said:

You're right, but on the bright side, he's publishing one a year pretty much, so as long as that schedule can be adhered too, I'm okay with that..

I'm not okay with that. I want him to wrap up this story and to start telling a new one that we can care about again. Same thing with Steven Brust and his short-story "novels".

Archived