Gendry and the forging of a new lightbringer

np1234

From what iv read I feel like Gendry could possibly have a role to play in the forging of a new light-bringer or similar type sword. We are told that azor ahai tried to forger lightbringer three times. The first time he failed, the second time he tempered it with the heart of a lion but he still failed and the third time he tempered it with the heart of his wife. 

So how does Gendry fit in to all this? When we first meet Gendry he is working under one of the few blacksmiths who knows how to re-work valyrian steel but Gendry himself has not forged his own sword as of yet. Just before he is set to forge his own sword events kick off in kings landing and he is sold off to the nights watch and leaves with Ayra and Yoren. 

Near the end of ADWD Brienne runs into Gendry again. We are told that Gendry barely eats and spends most of his time in the blacksmith. Seeing as he doesnt eat and doesnt rest Iv begun to think that he is somehow feeding off the flames in the forge much like Melisendre does. (Although he may not be doing it intentionally). 

This is were things get a bit speculative. I believe Gendry will repeat the actions of azor ahai. Im assuming Gendry has already tried to forge a new sword and failed. What else would he be doing in the blacksmith all day and night. The second time azor ahai tried to forge lightbringer he used the heart of a lion. As we know Jaime is in close proximity to Gendry I believe Jaime will represent the lion. If Brienne gives her life to lady stone heart Jaime go free but I doubt the brotherhood without banners will let him get far. Fleeing them Jaime will stumble into the village and a fight will break out. Gendry will enter the fight with the sword he was trying to forge and stab Jaime with it, but the sword will break after. As for the third attempt to forge a sword. Well azor ahai killed his wife in that attempt. I believe Arya will take the place as Gendry's wife/love. How that might go down and why? I really have no clue but that fact she is a Stark an has kingsblood/ blood of the first men could give the sword power, maybe.

I know this sounds kinda crazy but there seems to be a small bit of evidence linking Gendry to the forging of a sword and I always saw the forging of a sword or claiming of a sword as a symbol of a king or a great man. Anyway I just thought  Id put forward this idea.

1 minute ago, np1234 said:

From what iv read I feel like Gendry could possibly have a role to play in the forging of a new light-bringer or similar type sword. We are told that azor ahai tried to forger lightbringer three times. The first time he failed, the second time he tempered it with the heart of a lion but he still failed and the third time he tempered it with the heart of his wife. 

So how does Gendry fit in to all this? When we first meet Gendry he is working under one of the few blacksmiths who knows how to re-work valyrian steel but Gendry himself has not forged his own sword as of yet. Just before he is set to forge his own sword events kick off in kings landing and he is sold off to the nights watch and leaves with Ayra and Yoren. 

Near the end of ADWD Brienne runs into Gendry again. We are told that Gendry barely eats and spends most of his time in the blacksmith. Seeing as he doesnt eat and doesnt rest Iv begun to think that he is somehow feeding off the flames in the forge much like Melisendre does. (Although he may not be doing it intentionally). 

This is were things get a bit speculative. I believe Gendry will repeat the actions of azor ahai. Im assuming Gendry has already tried to forge a new sword and failed. What else would he be doing in the blacksmith all day and night. The second time azor ahai tried to forge lightbringer he used the heart of a lion. As we know Jaime is in close proximity to Gendry I believe Jaime will represent the lion. If Brienne gives her life to lady stone heart Jaime go free but I doubt the brotherhood without banners will let him get far. Fleeing them Jaime will stumble into the village and a fight will break out. Gendry will enter the fight with the sword he was trying to forge and stab Jaime with it, but the sword will break after. As for the third attempt to forge a sword. Well azor ahai killed his wife in that attempt. I believe Arya will take the place as Gendry's wife/love. How that might go down and why? I really have no clue but that fact she is a Stark an has kingsblood/ blood of the first men could give the sword power, maybe.

I know this sounds kinda crazy but there seems to be a small bit of evidence linking Gendry to the forging of a sword and I always saw the forging of a sword or claiming of a sword as a symbol of a king or a great man. Anyway I just thought  Id put forward this idea.

Gendry is the only blacksmith among the prominent characters.  If "lightbringer" is an actual sword then it would be logical to assume that a blacksmith would be needed to reforge the metal.  Gendry is a good option.  Gendry would sacrifice the love of his life: Arya.  Gendry will stab Arya in the heart to make lightbringer.  Arya dies and it doesn't matter whether she did it willingly or not so long as it happens the sword will be reforged.  Awesome!

4 minutes ago, Green-Lipped Mussel said:

Gendry is the only blacksmith among the prominent characters.  If "lightbringer" is an actual sword then it would be logical to assume that a blacksmith would be needed to reforge the metal.  Gendry is a good option.  Gendry would sacrifice the love of his life: Arya.  Gendry will stab Arya in the heart to make lightbringer.  Arya dies and it doesn't matter whether she did it willingly or not so long as it happens the sword will be reforged.  Awesome!

The main part that even im doubtfull of is the Jaime bit but I dont know what else could be the lion

1 minute ago, Green-Lipped Mussel said:

Lancel?  Golden head killed his dad.  The boar did it was Lancel who made sure he got drunk.  Tommen?

Lancel could be an interesing one. Does that mean Gendry might discover his parentage?

22 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Why we need a smith in order to have Lightbringer 2.0?

Im not sure I thought the pieces started to line up. Im not 100% if there will be a lightbringer 2.0. Most people think Dawn is the original lightbringer 

12 minutes ago, Green-Lipped Mussel said:

You need a blacksmith to forge the sword.  Gendry is the smith and he loves Arya.  Ergo, he should stab her in the heart. 

Yes but no. No one said that Lightbringer 2.0 should be forged. This can happen because either the original Lightbringer can be used, it isn't a literal sword or simple because it isn't about the sword. After all we hear about AA's rebirth not about Lightbringer's reforging.

4 minutes ago, np1234 said:

Im not sure I thought the pieces started to line up. Im not 100% if there will be a lightbringer 2.0. Most people think Dawn is the original lightbringer 

I agree with the bolded part. I don't think that it will be a literal sword as AAR's Lightbringer.

9 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Yes but no. No one said that Lightbringer 2.0 should be forged. This can happen because either the original Lightbringer can be used, it isn't a literal sword or simple because it isn't about the sword. After all we hear about AA's rebirth not about Lightbringer's reforging.

I agree with the bolded part. I don't think that it will be a literal sword as AAR's Lightbringer.

So you believe the Nights Watch could be lightbringer? AKA The sword in the darkness 

17 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Another option is that Gendry may reforge Ice

14 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Perhaps the original lightbringer can be  used.  But perhaps not.  The theme of the story is of the need to sacrifice the one we love the most to save the world.  Gendry is the man to reforge the sword and Arya's heart is the key ingredient if it turns out to be an actual sword.

For the record, my opinion on the matter is that Daenerys is Azor Ahai and the dragons are her lightbringer. 

However, if we open the possibility that it is an actual sword rather than dragons, Gendry is my pick to be AA and Arya his Nissa Nissa.

20 minutes ago, np1234 said:

So you believe the Nights Watch could be lightbringer? AKA The sword in the darkness 

Yes. If it has to be a Linghbringer I believe that it is Night's Watch.

12 minutes ago, np1234 said:

Another option is that Gendry may reforge Ice

I think that original Ice was original Lightbringer, new Ice is just a sword.

11 minutes ago, Green-Lipped Mussel said:

The theme of the story is of the need to sacrifice the one we love the most to save the world.  

That doesn't mean that one of the protagonists will die in order for a nobody to be the final hero.

For the record, my opinion on the matter is that Daenerys is Azor Ahai and the dragons are her lightbringer. 

I believe that is clear that Jon is AAR.

However, if we open the possibility that it is an actual sword rather than dragons, Gendry is my pick to be AA and Arya his Nissa Nissa.

AAR or TPTWP has to be born from Rhaella's and Aerys' line, Gendry isn't.

13 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

I believe that is clear that Jon is AAR.

I believe AAR, TPTWP and the stallion that will mount the world and all the rest are just different representatives of the three heads of the dragon. Jon, Dany and Aegon. 

And I dont think that means Jon or Aegon needs to be a dragon rider, in fact i doubt either will be 

2 minutes ago, np1234 said:

I believe AAR, TPTWP and the stallion that will mount the world and all the rest are just different representatives of the three heads of the dragon. Jon, Dany and Aegon. 

And I dont think that means Jon or Aegon needs to be a dragon rider, in fact i doubt either will be 

I think that you might find this interesting;

6 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

I think that you might find this interesting;

It is interesting however you could make similar comparisions with many characters in the story.

daenerys stormborn, daenerys targaryen, Mother of Dragons,

Stannis Baratheon, The rightful king of westeros, azor ahai,

Eruon Greyjoy, Eruon Crows Eye, Eruon Blood eye

I tend to think the three heads are three different people. 

3 minutes ago, np1234 said:

It is interesting however you could make similar comparisions with many characters in the story.

I don't think that it's that simple.

3 minutes ago, np1234 said:

I tend to think the three heads are three different people. 

I disagree. To me especially after considering the Targ sigil, it's obvious that it's one person.

1 minute ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

I disagree. To me especially after considering the Targ sigil, it's obvious that it's one person.

I think its three different targaryen's, Its going back to Aegon and his sister only this time its reversed. Its Dany with Jon and Aegon. 

Archived