Rick and Morty Season 3

DaveSumm

34 minutes ago, Let's Get Kraken said:

That was definitely the implication, but I wouldn't put it past them to leave it ambiguous and just never give us the answer.

Well, the whole point was that no one would notice, right?  :lol:

Oh shit, McDonald's is milking the "Mulan Sauce" marketing to their advantage and bringing it back for ONE DAY only on Saturday, Oct. 7.

Genius. I've not actually stepped foot inside a McDonald's in ages, and these marketing a-holes figured out a way to actually make me fucking queue to get inside one. Well played, Madmen. Well played.

14 hours ago, Let's Get Kraken said:

Good episode, but I was hoping for a solo adventure. I mean Beth got one, freaking Jerry got one...

Fair enough, it wasn't just Rick & Sum-Sum on that particular adventure, but that was totally Summer's episode.

I thought the finale was really funny, but it was also a little disappointing that it didn't touch on the two long-running arcs (Phoenix Person and Evil Morty).  Overall, though, great episode.  I think if I hadn't been expecting something more significant it'd be one of my favorites, and will probably find its way there eventually.

1 minute ago, Let's Get Kraken said:

Eh, it was okay I guess. The pissing on Drumpf was fun, but the constant fourth wall breaking is kind of irritating. I also hope that the whole "back to the status quo" thing is them trolling the fans.

Overall I was pretty disappointed.

They've been breaking the fourth wall for the entirety of the show's existence, so it doesn't really bother me.

My main problem was that I was just expecting something more epic.  What we got was fine and very funny, but it didn't really feel like a finale.

13 hours ago, briantw said:

I thought the finale was really funny, but it was also a little disappointing that it didn't touch on the two long-running arcs (Phoenix Person and Evil Morty).  Overall, though, great episode.  I think if I hadn't been expecting something more significant it'd be one of my favorites, and will probably find its way there eventually.

11 hours ago, briantw said:

My main problem was that I was just expecting something more epic.  What we got was fine and very funny, but it didn't really feel like a finale.

I completely agree with you. Generally speaking, I'm not a huge fan of the "family" theme in Rick&Morty. They managed to

make divorce funny at some point, but Beth and Jerry getting back together and everyone becoming a happy family in a single episode

didn't quite feel like it.

Well, except if the next season picks up *exactly* where this finale ended and somehow completely turns it on its head... For instance with Rick dropping a massive bombshell.
Or maybe I'm just trying hard not to admit how underwhelming I found the episode for a finale, especially after such a brilliant season.

I'd imagine that, despite Rick's statements otherwise, this Beth is definitely a clone who was programmed to get the family back together for the sake of the kids, who were struggling to deal with the divorce.

But that wouldn't be a bombshell. I think by the end of the episode it's clear that

- Beth knows she might be a clone and doesn't care
- Jerry knows he's a weakling/coward/moron and doesn't care
- Morty knows he's expendable and replacable and doesn't care

The way I understood it, by the end of the episode, everyone knows their existence is absurd and are still happy, while Rick is the miserable one.

PS: you really ought to use spoiler tags, the episode is still fresh, and the thread title doesn't say anything about them:
[spoiler ]  [/spoiler ] without spaces

it was far from my favourite episode. The godlike Rick fighting felt a bit of a re-run after the momentous Pickle-Rick. It was still decent though.

And what was with the potty mouth. There were more fucks in this episode than the series as a whole so far!

It's like the US TV censors have just given up and the creators are going wild.

• 1 month later...

I found Season 3 to be the least good season, but that doesn't make it bad, it was just a bit less amazing than it usually is. I would certainly encourage anyone to go out and see the first two immediately, before doing a single other thing in their lives.

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 4:41 AM, A True Kaniggit said:

Ugh. Didn't find out about this show until Season 3. Because of repeats I've seen each of these episodes at least 3 times while not knowing anything about Seasons 1 or 2. How much am I missing out on?

I didn't watch until the episode dropped online for April Fool's. I was hooked after that.

I liked Season 3 the best.  Does it have the highest highs of season 2?  No.  But it doesn't swing as hard in between amazing and not so much like season 2 does.  (Season 1 I think has a strong second half).  I liked that it went hard into the Rick is a complete selfish asshole who is awesome at everything besides relationships plot but then had him humbled at the end.

8 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

I liked Season 3 the best.  Does it have the highest highs of season 2?  No.  But it doesn't swing as hard in between amazing and not so much like season 2 does.  (Season 1 I think has a strong second half).  I liked that it went hard into the Rick is a complete selfish asshole who is awesome at everything besides relationships plot but then had him humbled at the end.

Oh I disagree. Season 3 is the most Swingiest of all the seasons. Season 2 maybe had 1 or 2 less than excellent episodes, season 3 had 4-5, and the last 2 episodes I'd consider the weakest episodes of Rick and Morty ever. 

24 minutes ago, Eggegg said:

Oh I disagree. Season 3 is the most Swingiest of all the seasons. Season 2 maybe had 1 or 2 less than excellent episodes, season 3 had 4-5, and the last 2 episodes I'd consider the weakest episodes of Rick and Morty ever. 

Why?

On 27/11/2017 at 5:31 PM, Slurktan said:

Why?

I'm not sure which bit the 'why' is about but my opinion is that Season 3 has a couple of fantastic episodes and 2 of the worst episodes of the show so far. 

Episodes like Pickle Rick, Rest and Ricklaxation and maybe the Ricklantis Mixup are top quality R&M and episodes I'll come back to time and again.

The ABC's of Beth and the Rickchurian Candidate were pretty awful by R&M standards however. ABCs particularly was the least funny episode I've seen in a long while, and both suffer from the attempt to make a large overt point about Ricks relationship with his daughter. I don't think it worked, and Beth is maybe the least developed, interesting character on the show. 

Archived