MLB 2017 - if you build it, they will cub

Is there a more depressing team than the Mariners? Felix seems to have lost what made him great, Kuma doesn't have the command that has been his calling card during his MLB career. Our big aquistions this off season in Smyly and Segura (and now Haniger) have all been hurt at some point this season, with Smyly not coming back for at least a good month yet. Rotation and pen both imploding at the same time. They need to get it together quick, or the season is pretty much lost.

Guys, I'm kind of bummed about Jayson Stark getting the boot from ESPN. It's more of a nostalgia thing really, as he and Jim Caple were the first baseball writers I followed billions of years ago, back when ESPN had Page 2 and Hunter S Thompson was a contributing writer.

1 hour ago, kairparavel said:

Guys, I'm kind of bummed about Jayson Stark getting the boot from ESPN. It's more of a nostalgia thing really, as he and Jim Caple were the first baseball writers I followed billions of years ago, back when ESPN had Page 2 and Hunter S Thompson was a contributing writer.

Of all the ESPN layoffs today that's the one that boggles my mind the most, too. It's nothing less than ESPN throwing in the towel on serious baseball coverage.

Archived