MLB 2017 - if you build it, they will cub

That Nats - Mets scoreline. Ouch. What happened to Thor? We were at the game yesterday and I was sad we weren't treated to golden locks. It was a bit of a snoozer. Today's game probably not so much if you're a Nats fan. 

2 hours ago, kairparavel said:

That Nats - Mets scoreline. Ouch. What happened to Thor? We were at the game yesterday and I was sad we weren't treated to golden locks. It was a bit of a snoozer. Today's game probably not so much if you're a Nats fan. 

Rendon, 6/6 3 HR, 10 RBI. jesus thats a month worth of production for some people.

The Syndergaard thing is really troubling. He has trouble last week, they push for him to get an MRI. He refuses. That's really, really weird. Says he knows his own body. Sure, kid, you're 24 and a master at recognizing injury vs soreness. Sure enough, he comes out and pitches an awful first, finally gripping his underarm visibly. Now he's down for an unknown time. I'm totally baffled that a player would refuse a non-intrusive MRI. Mets fans will argue all season whether going out for that extra game hurt his body more than it was already damaged.

Tommy John surgeries, shoulder injuries, dead arms, etc. At this point, who could be shocked when a young ace goes down? Smoltz was quoted in an article saying that the young guys these days are trying for a 6th gear all the time, and never learned to coast in 4th or 5th. That may be too simplistic, but I definitely don't remember being a baseball fan fifteen years ago and not even blinking when my team's #1 prospect goes down for 16 months (as Reyes did for my Cardinals. My reaction was "Well that was bound to happen." instead of "WHAT NO OMG MY FRANCHISE!" as I would've in 1998 or so.)

On 5/1/2017 at 10:35 PM, Argonath Diver said:

The Syndergaard thing is really troubling...

I don't care how old (or young, I guess...) you are. Who in the world isn't over protective multi-million dollar arm?! Stupid Thor and stupid Mets! Granted the MRI might not have picked up any trouble anyway, but MRIs are non-intrusive and not a big deal. And if the boss says go for one, and the team contractually had the right to do so, then you go.

Do you guys think that if the Mariners trade for Tim Tebow, and then throw him in Mt. Rainier, their pitchers will stop getting hurt?

Felix, Paxton, and Smyly, the front three guys of our rotation, all hurt. Add in the five bullpen arms on the DL (2 of whom went down in the same inning, Machi leaving with some nerve problem in his hand, then Marshall fucking up his hamstring on the next batter), and the pitching staff is fucked.

On 5/5/2017 at 9:09 PM, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

It's starting to smell like this is going to be a root against the Dodger's sort of season. Giant's buried by Cincinnati 13-3. But hey, The Dodger's are losing to the lowly Pods, so it's not all shit. <_< 

You really should wait for the game to go final before making such proclamations. For Giants fans it is indeed "all shit".

10 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

You really should wait for the game to go final before making such proclamations. For Giants fans it is indeed "all shit".

Eh, enjoy your possible shot at a wildcard and then a first round drubbing at the hands of the Nats or the Cubs. You guys aren't going deep. 

1 hour ago, kairparavel said:

Cody Bellinger can baseball pretty good, eh.

I've known this since he was a small child, as he is my youngest son.

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Eh, enjoy your possible shot at a wildcard and then a first round drubbing at the hands of the Nats or the Cubs. You guys aren't going deep. 

Are you saying that you think the Rockies and/or D-backs are gonna hang on all year? I can see the D-backs making a run, but my money's still on the Dodgers not having to play in a Wild Card game. But hey, you know, I don't think we'll be seeing the Giants playing in a Wild Card game this year either. So there's that.

Archived