MLB 2017 - if you build it, they will cub

3 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Are you saying that you think the Rockies and/or D-backs are gonna hang on all year? I can see the D-backs making a run, but my money's still on the Dodgers not having to play in a Wild Card game. But hey, you know, I don't think we'll be seeing the Giants playing in a Wild Card game this year either. So there's that.

I like the D-bags chances better than the Rockies, but don't count them out either. Not sure about their bullpen, but they actually have some really nice starters, at least 1-3. At any rate, it does look like a 3 team race, and I have to agree that the Giants aren't likely to be one of them.

On May 10, 2017 at 5:18 PM, GrimTuesday said:

Mariners have finally made it back to .500, pretty crazy for a team with it's 1-4 starters on the DL.

It's been a crazy season. Jays have nearly 60% of the payroll on the DL.

28 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Time for the hottest take of them all:

Derek Jeter is the most over rated athlete of all time! 

And I say that as a Yankees fan. 

He caught the ball IN FAIR TERRITORY. Above average play by anyone else, but an all-time great play for Jeets (I guess it's hard to make plays when you are a statue?)

https://youtu.be/seC63AEk4-8?t=8

:) Not bitter - never been bitter before and never will be. 

Little excitement at AT&T as Cueto and Grandal jaw at each other after Grandal flies out (He had earlier hit a 2 run double off of Cueto) Both benches clear and congress about the mound. Then Kershaw just walks to the mound, parts the mob, and begins his warmup. Promises everyone fish sammiches after the game.

So, in case you haven't been paying attention, here's the fallout from yesterday's Jays/Braves game:

Kevin Pillar has been suspended 3 games for yelling f----t at Jason Motte

Freddie Freeman is out 8-10 weeks with a broken wrist

Braves will be signing James Loney to fill in for Freeman

Even Jays players agree that Jose Bautista is a total turd

That really sucks for Freeman, he's been absolutely raking. Teheran hit Bautista in his first at-bat today. He missed with his 1st attempt though.

Pillar yelled it because he had sour grapes that Motte struck him out on a quick pitch. Dumb all around.

34 minutes ago, Triskan said:

I can say that it pains me greatly writing from Los Angeles that I was not able to view whatever events inspired this post.

To sum up, he managed to leg out a double in well under 30 seconds, then managed to go second to home in probably under 25 seconds. Unfortunately he was very hungry afterwards and so ate Scott Van Slyke.

Motowns J.D. Mart back from injury and just crushing everything in the strikezone. 5 homers in the last 5 games, Baltimore walked him 3 times and he still homered the one plate appearance they did pitch to him. <<Badly needed, as Cabrera's off to a rare slow start and some nagging injuries early this year.

Archived