MLB 2017 - if you build it, they will cub

7 hours ago, Myshkin said:

So Chris Taylor was a pretty damn good pickup for the Dodgers!

It would be nice if he wasn't such a piece of hot garbage with the M's. Just love to see a AAAA player who wasted all our hopes figure it out with another team that has an embarassment of riches when it comes to developing major league talent.

Just fucking shoot me.

4 hours ago, James Arryn said:

So, Smoak is still our best hitter, but it doesn't mean what I meant it to mean when I meant it before. The world has gone nuts.

Yeah, he's weirdly legit this year. Severino was cruising up until Smoak got to him last week.

22 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

2! 2 lousy 9th inning wins on the season! AH-AH-AH-AH!

And 39 total wins on the season. Remind me, how many do the Giants have?

16 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

26. How much more money than the Giant's did your team spend for those 13 wins?

70! 70 MILLION DOLLARS! AH-AH-AH-AH! 

Bet you wish your guys had spent that extra $70 mil. Instead they spent $172 million to achieve a .400 win pct. 

3 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Bet you wish your guys had spent that extra $70 mil. Instead they spent $172 million to achieve a .400 win pct. 

Eh, if they end up losing the division to a team that spent little more than half what they spent, I think you might change your tune. And if they end up getting edged out of the Wildcard by a team that spent roughly a third of that? That's going to be embarrassing as all hell. 

12 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Eh, if they end up losing the division to a team that spent little more than half what they spent, I think you might change your tune. And if they end up getting edged out of the Wildcard by a team that spent roughly a third of that? That's going to be embarrassing as all hell. 

Though I suppose not as embarrassing as finishing 25 games behind two teams that spent $40 to $80 million less than you. And at the end of the day it's not my money, so what do I care? But if the Dodger payroll makes you feel better about your shitty team with its minimal trade assets and awful farm system, I guess I can't begrudge you that. 

I was able to make it to my first game of the year today down in Pittsburgh. Absolutely beautiful day and a nice game to go along with it! Nova pitcher a gem of a game and could've gone longer had he not been pinch hit for with the bases loaded! Great day all around.

In other news, a friend and I are planning on going to Chicago to see the Cubs play the Pirates in the second weekend of July. Being the poor college kids we are (and Cubs tickets being what they are), I was hoping that someone might know of a way to get discounted tickets. If anyone has any ideas please let me know!

2 minutes ago, Ghjhero said:

I was able to make it to my first game of the year today down in Pittsburgh. Absolutely beautiful day and a nice game to go along with it! Nova pitcher a gem of a game and could've gone longer had he not been pinch hit for with the bases loaded! Great day all around.

In other news, a friend and I are planning on going to Chicago to see the Cubs play the Pirates in the second weekend of July. Being the poor college kids we are (and Cubs tickets being what they are), I was hoping that someone might know of a way to get discounted tickets. If anyone has any ideas please let me know!

You can usually get decent prices on StubHub, but weekend games are always gonna be a bit pricier.

Archived