Westerosi Coast Gangster

MLB 2017 - if you build it, they will cub

402 posts in this topic

That was a fun game for the Indians. Klubot's programming was a little off at the beginning, but he settled down and set down 10 straight at one point. Andrew Miller continues to be nasty af. Welcome to the Indians, Edwin. Welcome to the bigs, Yandy. This is going to be a fun year. B)

18 hours ago, Fez said:

I haven't paid super close attention to baseball the past few years, and I checked the Red Sox box score for today's game and its amazing how little I recognize any of the players. Pedroia is basically the only name that looks 'right' to me. 

I know Hanley Rameriz and Pablo Sandoval too of course, but I don't think of them as Red Sox players. Bogaerts, Bradley, and Betts are just the names of prospects that I ignore in potential trade discussions. And the other names mean nothing to me; except Porcello, but that's only because of the Cy Young.

Its amazing how much having David Ortiz still on the team covered up how little I knew about the roster anymore. 

There was some amazing factoid I saw the other day, that Pedroia is the only guy left that was on the roster on the day of the Marathon bombing. That's a little misleading, since Jackie Bradley Jr. had been called up and sent back down before that, and Bogaerts came up later in the year, but still.

Fucking Smoak. It can't be a good thing when your 1b hits 8th, right? And when I say 'hits' I mean 'swings'.

#puigyourfriend!

Posted (edited)

Rain outs this week have the Cubs altering their rotation a little meaning, if things stay the course now, Lester and Lackey pitch the first two in Boston she. The Cubs go there.  Makes for an interesting subplot. 

Edited by Jaxom 1974

1 hour ago, Myshkin said:

#puigyourfriend!

Does that hashtag have the expressed, written consent of Major League Baseball? I'm watching you, Gobbo. 

22 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Does that hashtag have the expressed, written consent of Major League Baseball? I'm watching you, Gobbo. 

Does your face have the express written consent of my fist? It's about to!

10 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Does your face have the express written consent of my fist? It's about to!

It most certainly does not, cretin! Prepare your legal team. Imma bout to cash a check with your ass!

Posted (edited)

Myshkin, manhole...what will either of you do if/when the other checks out? It's like that story Brannagh relates at the end of Conspiracy...if you build your whole life around hating another person, when that person is gone you have nothing left to live for. Or like a lot of alcohol. Maybe chocolate?

Edited by James Arryn

1 minute ago, James Arryn said:

Myshkin, manhole...what will either of you do if/when the other checks out? It's like that story Brannagh relates at the end of Conspiracy...if you build your whole life around hating another person, when that person is gone you have nothing left to live for. Or like a lot of alcohol. Maybe chocolate?

Kill you? I don't want to kill you, you complete me!

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Kill you? I don't want to kill you, you complete me!

You need to name your first child Meme.

Edited by James Arryn

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

You need to name your first child Meme.

Too late for that, I'm afraid.

Edited by Manhole Eunuchsbane

Indeed, he already named his first child Juan Candy Maldonado Marichal Eunuchman.

4 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Indeed, he already named his first child Juan Candy Maldonado Marichal Eunuchman.

How old is she?

12 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

That's pretty fucking schweet, but I doubt my daughter would've appreciated it much.

37 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

How old is she?

She is roughly a year and a half old, and, I am told, has already beaten three different people about the head with a baseball bat.

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

She is roughly a year and a half old, and, I am told, has already beaten three different people about the head with a baseball bat.

Oh, come on. All parents exaggerate about their kid's accomplishments. Many's no different, I'm sure.

Edited by James Arryn

She's actually 20, and she's smart enough to know to go for the knees. Daddy didn't raise no dummies.

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

She's actually 20, and she's smart enough to know to go for the knees. Daddy didn't raise no dummies.

Sooooo...then she's not a Giants fan...?