MLB 2017 - if you build it, they will cub

27 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Why the fuck are they constantly playing Benny and the Jets at Wrigley? 

Ooh, there's a United joke there somewhere, but my headache's getting in the way.

Speaking of headaches, 2 years ago the Jays had one of the all time great offences. 

This year, so far, the Jays as a team are slashing .194/.272/.284. Not a typo. 

7 hours ago, GrimTuesday said:

What is with nautical themed teams and sucking?

:lmao: I may have to look into this further in other sports and see if it happens across the board or just to our teams in MLB.

The SF Giants broadcast crew encourages all fans to bring gloves and praises those of any age who make a catch using one.

I am of the opinion that unless one is is in the screaming foul-ball danger portions of the park, a glove is for kids.  And reaching into the field of play is always a no-no in fair territory and wrong also in foul if the ball is in the air and there is a defensive player anywhere close.

But if you are wearing the wrong uniforms and try to reach into the stands for a catch, I promise I WILL time my interference just right.  Once the player breaks the plane, he's got no more right to the ball than I do.

1 hour ago, Bronn Stone said:

I am of the opinion that unless one is is in the screaming foul-ball danger portions of the park, a glove is for kids.  

Yeah, I remember sitting a few times in the front row areas by 3rd base when Sheffield was on the Yankees and kind of fearing for my life. But beyond that it's ridiculous to me. 

A lot of injuries so far. On one of my teams I have 6 guys on the DL.

Archived