MLB 2017 - if you build it, they will cub

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Rough luck man. How much did those set you back?

$75 a pop. Third base side, lower reserve about 10 rows back. We bought em before the season started. It was just dumb luck that the rotation turned out that way. And now even dumber luck that Madbum went and hurt himself.

2 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

$75 a pop. Third base side, lower reserve about 10 rows back. We bought em before the season started. It was just dumb luck that the rotation turned out that way. And now even dumber luck that Madbum went and hurt himself.

Yeah that is rotten luck.

Going to games here in MN use to be a blast. The U of MN is a short bus ride away and it cost next to nothing to get good tickets on students' night and they were still pretty cheap in general. The old Metrodome was a dump, but it was set up in a way where it was super easy to buy a cheap seats ticket and then sneak down to the lower levels. The new stadium is really nice, but everything is so damn expensive and the teams been bad for awhile now so it's hard to justify going.

Plus, I used to be super spoiled. My dad's old law firm was swimming in free tickets, and it wasn't uncommon for him to randomly toss me 20 free tickets that were for really good seats. That was during the heart of when the Twins were a dominate regular season team (let's not talk about their woeful playoff performances though) and it sure was a lot of fun. Plus my buddies and I could get all the hot girls in our grade to come with us. B)

6 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

And where the hell have you been for the last week or so, Gobbo? Opening up a dirt bike rental business in Colorado or something?

Unfortunately no. I opened my dirt bike rental business in Florida, figuring that that location would afford me the best opportunity to catch stupid rednecks, and thus statistically the best chance of ensnaring Madison Shitkicker. Looks like all that time and money went to waste. Still, I take solace in the fact that some other enterprising soul managed to achieve the goal of enticing that reckless moron onto a dirt bike.

6 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Unfortunately no. I opened my dirt bike rental business in Florida, figuring that that location would afford me the best opportunity to catch stupid rednecks, and thus statistically the best chance of ensnaring Madison Shitkicker. Looks like all that time and money went to waste. Still, I take solace in the fact that some other enterprising soul managed to achieve the goal of enticing that reckless moron onto a dirt bike.

Not buyin' it. I see you working. Consider yourself under investigation. I'm watching you, Gobbo. One slip-up and I'll expose your heinous ways to all right thinking Americans. Your subversive shenanigans shall not be tolerated. 

Also, when did Jarrett Parker enroll at San Francisco Prep? I don't recall seeing him at any of the regatta events in recent memory.

1 hour ago, Myshkin said:

Everything's fine in Dodgertown. Nobody's panicking or anything.

It's still April. There's 839 games left to turn the season around. Rich Hill will blister at least 37 more times.

2 hours ago, kairparavel said:

Also, when did Jarrett Parker enroll at San Francisco Prep? I don't recall seeing him at any of the regatta events in recent memory.

It's still April. There's 839 games left to turn the season around. Rich Hill will blister at least 37 more times.

JP (as the boys like to call him) has been banned from all regatta events after the fiasco that resulted in Demi Moore's grandmother being allowed to keep her house. In short, he was the one who was supposed to be guarding the Ferrari.

And some bad news about Rich Hill: it has been discovered that he is in fact 97% blister.

Archived