Preferred format of reading

PCK

I prefer print. I like holding the book, smelling it, the physical object.

And it just feels like it's easier to read than from a screen, though that may just be bias from my side.

Prefer print books but readers are far more practical for reading on the go and for people who live in homes with limited space, or who move around a lot. I can't imagine lugging around all the books I have on my ereader with me every time I move

I prefer to have my books read to me by a chorus of nubile sex-starved sycophants.

As that option is currently unavailable, and I spend two or more hours a day commuting on a subway, I do 95% of my reading on my phone. Reading a hardback from the library is a rare and happy option.

I might have been a little hasty when I said e-reader. There is something very satisfying about holding a physical book and all that goes with it. However, when I factor in all the benefits of electronic, it wins hands-down, If there was an e-reader that figured out how to put e-ink on paper, I'd be all over that. Since there is not, all in all, e-readers are how I roll. I don't like to read on tablets or phones, def prefer e-ink, with a dim backlight, thank you.

If I were one of those people who bought hardcovers and prized the actual physical book, no matter what it is, I might feel different, but most of my reading was done via mass-market paperbacks that I beat all to hell and lost and loaned out, etc. I do have books I prize and they get a place on the bookshelf, but most of my reading material is disposable to me. Not that I get rid of it when I'm done, just that the medium through which the story is delivered is not important to me.

23 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

I might have been a little hasty when I said e-reader. There is something very satisfying about holding a physical book and all that goes with it. However, when I factor in all the benefits of electronic, it wins hands-down, If there was an e-reader that figured out how to put e-ink on paper, I'd be all over that. Since there is not, all in all, e-readers are how I roll. I don't like to read on tablets or phones, def prefer e-ink, with a dim backlight, thank you.

If I were one of those people who bought hardcovers and prized the actual physical book, no matter what it is, I might feel different, but most of my reading was done via mass-market paperbacks that I beat all to hell and lost and loaned out, etc. I do have books I prize and they get a place on the bookshelf, but most of my reading material is disposable to me. Not that I get rid of it when I'm done, just that the medium through which the story is delivered is not important to me.

I tend to buy hardbacks and trade paperbacks.  I haven't bought a mass market paperback in some time.  Ultimately, I think mass market paperbacks will be supplanted by eReaders in the near term.

Archived