For the ones who dont like the idea of Arya ×gedry relationship

The Exiled Septa

So later i am wondering about Aryas ending in game of thrones and im 80% sure(He is GRRM nobody can be certain what he is planning)that she will end up married to Gedry.I thought that this scenario would please many fans and i was really confused when i realised that this wasnt the case.Many fans dont like this ending and  would like to know why ?

Please dont use the argument about arya being very young.Im talking about the future where she will be at least 14 ( I think Dany was at the same age when she married Khal Drogo)and keep in mind that in the sixth book she says that her breast will grow in a year or two and later she seduces.... (i dont remember his name) so that she can kill him.And generally her character seems more mature.

And second dont use the argument about Arya saying she will never marry.In the egg and Dunk novellas there is a moment where egg says something about not liking girls and wanting to become a knight of the kingsgaurd and never marry and we do  know that eventually  he falls in love with a blackwood??and he marries her.

So if not for these two reason why are you so against Arya×Gedry romance 

SORRY FOR BAD ENGLISH its not my mother tongue :)

You have posted this on the wrong forum. Please repost this to a forum dealing with the TV series and/or the books in one of the sections which is NOT labeled "Miscellaneous".

12 hours ago, Valedina said:

So later i am wondering about Aryas ending in game of thrones and im 80% sure(He is GRRM nobody can be certain what he is planning)that she will end up married to Gedry.I thought that this scenario would please many fans and i was really confused when i realised that this wasnt the case.Many fans dont like this ending and  would like to know why ?

Please dont use the argument about arya being very young.Im talking about the future where she will be at least 14 ( I think Dany was at the same age when she married Khal Drogo)and keep in mind that in the sixth book she says that her breast will grow in a year or two and later she seduces.... (i dont remember his name) so that she can kill him.And generally her character seems more mature.

And second dont use the argument about Arya saying she will never marry.In the egg and Dunk novellas there is a moment where egg says something about not liking girls and wanting to become a knight of the kingsgaurd and never marry and we do  know that eventually  he falls in love with a blackwood??and he marries her.

So if not for these two reason why are you so against Arya×Gedry romance 

SORRY FOR BAD ENGLISH its not my mother tongue :)

So basically you want me to argue why I don't agree with you without the argumenate you don't agree with? :lol: 

Are we talking about the books or the show anyways? I doubt Arya will end up married to Gendry in either case, to be honest. Though after season 6 who could possibly say that? After the last episode I wouldn't put it past the show to marry Arya to Gendry. Why I wouldn't like that? It's pretty cheesy and unrealistic and I like neither Arya nor Gendry that much. :dunno: 

beyond that, if this was to happen in the story's timeline and not in a three(five, whichever number of) years later epilogue, they need to start working on it right now. Gendry has been gone for three seasons, Arya is a disaster (and more importantly a disaster who has never showed any sign prioritizing romance in her present or future life). If such is to happen it needs to be established, because right now this hypothetical marriage is based on Arya's having been buddies with Gendry for a few months when she was 11. That's been... wow, I have no idea how old Arya - or anybody for that matter - is on the show. 

If we go by the books, well, Arya's storyline is about everything but a romantic happily ever after. So it would be weirdly out of plot and out of character. I don't know where Gendry is in the books either, by the way. But that's really not worth stressing about because we will never know how the book version would end. 

If you are interested in Arya and Gendry as a romantic couple and want to read posts supporting the theory, check out the ReRead sub-forum there was (probably still is) a ReThinking Romance with a bunch of long essays on popular ships/couples including Arya and Gendry. 

And welcome to the forum! 

11 hours ago, Valedina said:

Can i delete it from these forum and if yes how ?? Sorry im new and i dont know how to do this!!:blush:

You can't delete threads or posts or anything really. Don't worry about it, if you happen to post your topic in the wrong forum,  the good moderators will take care of it. 

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 5:40 AM, RhaenysB said:

If we go by the books, well, Arya's storyline is about everything but a romantic happily ever after. So it would be weirdly out of plot and out of character. I don't know where Gendry is in the books either, by the way. But that's really not worth stressing about because we will never know how the book version would end. 

If you are interested in Arya and Gendry as a romantic couple and want to read posts supporting the theory, check out the ReRead sub-forum there was (probably still is) a ReThinking Romance with a bunch of long essays on popular ships/couples including Arya and Gendry. 

Since show Arya has become a stone cold killer the possibility of her eventually  leading a "normal" life seems slim to me.

29 minutes ago, Byfort of Corfe said:

Since show Arya has become a stone cold killer the possibility of her eventually  leading a "normal" life seems slim to me.

With the 180 degree turns show characters seem to be taking, who knows...? 

Archived